Overseer Missions - A thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfgyr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

They all changed post patch. The whole deal is different now.
  2. Gnomfu Active Member

that's what I thought, just wanted to confirm I wasn't matching up the page with my chest descriptions.

thanks
    Zynt likes this.
  3. Zab101 New Member

So what is the deal now? Adv recipe books removed from the overseer treasure chests, the overseer legendary chests we can't see what is on their loot table; so who knows what is in them. How are we supposed to get recipe books now? Status merchant lottery scheme?
    Zynt and Argosunited like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'd also like to know how we are meant to be getting recipe books now. It was bad enough we had to play a side game for a 'chance' at them .. but now what?
    How about you add them to a BoL merchant and we can buy them with our Farmville tokens.
    Mercychalice and Zynt like this.
  5. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You've got me but I'm not gonna keep handing out the 175k status and 420 plat for a slim to none chance for a recipe book at all much less one that I need. I've gotten nothing but infusers and **** gear thus far. No idea why they have hidden the rewards either on the crates. It's so counterproductive.
    Mercychalice and Argosunited like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Neither am I. The only thing I've ever received is infusers and that's across three toons. I'm done with that.
    Zynt likes this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Wow - I just noticed this change. Ummm... not a fan. Here's the possible results on the bonus chest (Fabled) I got from the Find the Golden Idol of the Drafling mission:

Overlord's Steel-Etched Hoop - Legendary
    Overlord's Steel-Threaded Emblem - Legendary
    Overlord's Steel-Threaded Sash - Legendary
    Overlord's Steel-Barbed Girdle - Legendary

That's it - that is all that's listed as possible rewards. The normal Legendary chest is like Zab101 said, possible results hidden with the "You think there might be something hidden inside...."

It got even better when I accepted the rewards- a Lesser Fragment of Planar Energy and Empyral Advanced Crit Bonus Infuser. Neither was listed in the Fabled list of rewards, so I'm assuming it's still borked.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So really, the information we have is moot. We're now just left to wonder whether the changes were intentional.
    I'm hoping they're not.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

you can do any of the PQs or missions from this era, and get these fairly easily.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Indeed. Being able to put them on the broker would be ideal as they are completely worthless to me, but valuable for someone else. Seems like such a waste - unless they are also on the Marketplace....
  11. Kryzia Member

I got the advanced provisioner book yesterday from the pq in recurso tor
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

fabled chest from 10 hour Eliminate Venokor only shows only level 118 160 resolve jewelry. of course they chance it After i finally get a 10 hour quest
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I just completed a 10 hour mission. The reward chest showed just 3 pieces of 165 resolve jewelry. I got an infuser. Not impressed.
    Lateana likes this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I can confirm that even though they do not show on the chest examine, advanced recipe books are still dropping from them. Just got a 115 Advanced Sage and 114 Advanced Woodworker from 2 x treasured chest overseer rewards.

And fragments of planar essences.
    And bloody infusers.
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Thank you for the confirmation. I did not get one today and I usually get at least one, even though it has been the same one 5 times.
    Rhodris likes this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

The whole overseer feature was not well thought out or well implemented. I keep doing the quests, to get the recipe books, but most of the loot is pure trash.

And why did they have to make it so complicated? Just give everyone at least one quest of each level (i.e., treasured, legendary, fabled, mythic, celestial, etc.) Mishap quests would be in addition to the set quests and only appear if there is a mishap. Each account can do up to 10 quests per day. That would allow players to add a dropped quest or do a mishap quest plus repeat a quest or two.

All loot should be heirloom and none of it should be common (i.e., harvestables, shinies, etc.). All loot should be of the level of the current expansion except rare shinies which should be added to the loot tables and made tradeable. This would give players of all levels a decent reward to use as they see fit.

All available quests should show up on each character, on the account, so that the most appropriate characters can be used to do the quests. No quests should be hidden.

The RNG needs to be tweaked so that a greater variety of drops occurs instead of the same items day after day.

Gear drops, that are actually current and max level, should offer a choice of gear for the various classes.

No lore loot should drop if the character already has the lore item. A simple check can be done, by the program, to see if the character already has the lore item and another item selected and dropped.

These are just some of the needed changes I can think of without much effort. Adding the overseer feature was a good idea but DB seriously needs to tweak it to make it fun and profitable for the player.
  17. Drazk New Member

Be glad that some of you are complaining about the 5h and 10h rewards have even gotten them. I've run well over 700 missions that reward overseer quest starters and the best overseer quest I have received is two 3:30h missions.

It is a full-time job just trying to get the starter items which is ridiculous
  18. Sious Member

if i knew that sertain quests take longer and give better rewards i wouldn't have added the 2.5 hour quests tbh.
    If there was a way to do this i would delete all the useless quests or if i make a second account i will only add The 3 10 hour quests i know off.
    I guess alts have the same quest list :(

It's just not fair, ether everybody should have all the quests and it's a daily lottery or you should be able to delete quests. Those of us that started straight away and added everything to figure out what we know now have a disadvantage @those who waited and now just add the good ones
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea I got a bunch of potions, even though they weren't in the list when you examine.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Gnomfu Active Member

Personally i love the minion system in RIFT. Same basic principal as what EQ2 tried to do, but handled a lot better.
    Rhodris likes this.