Overseer Missions - A thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfgyr, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Hi all,
    With the volume of threads about overseer missions (scuffs toe, wasn't all me!), I thought I'd try to get a consolidated list of concerns / questions outlined in a singled thread. Here goes nothing!

Overseer Mission issues
    • Disparity between missions and mission requirements
      • Example: Exact Revenge on the Drakota (5:00:00 mission) requires 1 agent (2 slots available), and rewards a Legendary crate. Two possible Bonus Traits (Righteous and Devoted), one of which no known agents possess, and two Mishap Traits (Diplotmatic and Cautious). Base Bonus and Mishap chances of 20%. Highest actual chance is 35% Bonus and 12% Mishap using Lord Valkiss in merc slot and The Eyeless for familiar.
      • Find the Goblin Banker's Loot (2:30:00 mission) requires 1 agent (2 slots available), and also rewards a Legendary crate. But this time, there's 4 possible Bonus Traits, and only 1 possible Mishap Trait. Base Bonus rate is 10%, base Mishap rate is 5%. Highest actual chance is 35% Bonus (this one grants double the increase for each trait than the one above) and 0% Mishap, using Lord Valkiss in merc slot and The Eyeless for familiar.
    • No way to see the complete list of missions you've acquired, just that day's "pull" of seven missions from your overall mission roster.
    • Duplicate missions received as rewards (and since missions are stored in an account wide pool, they aren't useful on alts, either).
    • When spreading the mission pool among one's alts, multiple mishap missions sometimes do not display (Need more information- I've seen it a few times, but not sure it's an "every time" thing.)
    Reward Crate issues
    • Crates with TREASURED Agents include the two agents given out during the Overseer tutorial quest (Young Michem and Sergeant Marcus Carpenter).
    • MYTHICAL reward crates (only one I've seen came from a mission that normally rewards a FABLED crate) include tradeskill and UNCOMMON items in the loot table. Oh, and everyone's favorite infusers, too. :p
    • Some of the infuser rewards (the ones with Quested in the item name) are tagged NO TRADE instead of HEIRLOOM. Just what that level 60 alt needed as a reward....
    Overseer Interface Window
    • Not resizable, especially in the comparatively small mission list area. I mean, we only get 7 missions in the daily "pull," plus maybe another mishap mission. At the least, that portion of the window needs to expand.
    • Agent collection tab seems a bit useless - is there more planned than just a larger profile pic, and the info we get when mouse-hovering over their name in the agent list?f
    That's all I can remember at the moment. I'll try and edit this as I can with updates, or we can list them below - what else should be included?
    Arcos likes this.
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

there are things I would like to see removed from the overseer missions, as I feel they are either outdated or too common and shouldn't be on the loot table as rewards. harvests (too common), essences of chaos (outdated), lesser, greater, superior essences of planar energy (outdated, easy to get from outdated sources), infusers (too common).
    Wulfgyr and Tangris like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Honestly if I get an Essence of Chaos from an Overseer Mission I'm libel to put my fist through my monitor.
    They're in the Cobalt Crates, they're in the loot table for the Harvesting Missions.

THEY ARE NOT CURRENT LOOT.
    For non crafters and DBG, they were used to make orange runes/adorns. LAST EXPANSION.

I honestly don't understand why more people aren't infuriated. I have so many of them now that when I get one I simply destroy it. Enough already, I'm over being trolled with crap loot.
    VivoDivo, Jest, EmJay and 5 others like this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I keep getting baubles to reset instances - seeing as how I only do those I absolutely have to (for sig lines, for instance), they get destroyed as soon as they land in my bags.
    Argosunited, Wulfgyr and chattie like this.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I get too many Essence of Chaos, Lesser, Greater and Superior Fragments of Planar Energy in Overseer reward chests.
    Wulfgyr and Mercychalice like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I already had over 400 of these essence (all numbers combined for all three tiers) sitting in my bank with absolutely nothing to do with them. I DON'T WANT/NEED MORE!!! I don't want parts for creating things I can't use currently. I don't want things I can get commonly, like going out harvesting. I want things that will actually be useful or mean something. :mad:
    Tangris, Wulfgyr and Argosunited like this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

As i understand the 10 hour mission are the "premium" fabled/mythical ones, for the love of God remove Fragments, Essence of Chaos, common Harvest mats and normal rares from the loot table.
    Argosunited, Wulfgyr and Korochun like this.
  8. chattie Well-Known Member

There should be NO outdated stuff in BoL period. I do like the fragments of planar energy, I have multiple toons that can use them and the only place I know to get them is the Twark quest and the chance of getting them is about nil. I also agree that infusers are the go to reward for all things BoL. I guess they didnt have enough manpower to make more rewards.
    Argosunited and Wulfgyr like this.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The solution would be to put those fragments on the PQ Merchant for PQ Coins. But they should not be constantly rewarded for the fabled Overseer Missions.
  10. Altho Well-Known Member

Getting fragments for 2.0 spells is almost an insult at this point, those should have been easily available in the expansion following KA.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Great point Rhodris, I missed that one. Looks like I can't edit the original post to put this in, and there have also been reports of people receiving zero reward for an Overseer mission. One theory is that they already have a LORE item like the instance reset, and the system doesn't have a way to handle that by awarding a different item from the loot table.
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. dorotea Well-Known Member

I have only been doing the missions a short while. Took me some time to learn that they were valuable to do at low levels and the crates to start the system off shouldn't just be saved until getting to BoL. I have gotten considerably more instance resets than infusers. The infusers I save - being new and ignorant I hope they will be of *some* small value later on. The resets go bye-bye at once.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For a raid guild or alliance, however, reset bauble can be a huge benefit. Especially as at this point there are exactly three raid mobs we can get to (I guess the others are on strike, or out for vacation or something). Problem is, everyone in the raid has to have one of those darn baubles!

I do wish they'd allow you to sell the reset baubles that are worthless to you, because raiders would buy them.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Or at the very least, make them HEIRLOOM, so our alts could benefit. I mean, the mission pool is shared account wide - why not this item, like many of the other rewards?
    Cyrrena, Argosunited and Sigrdrifa like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You're going to have to redo your rewards list, Sigrdrifa. Some things have changed. I just got a standard, I can pick a dozen up in ten minutes while harvesting, Blinding shiny out of my last reward crate. I also do not see the crafting books listed as rewards anymore and some of the crates are not even displaying the rewards anymore.
    Argosunited likes this.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

Quest drops being no destroy are a huge problem for me..i refuse to add treasured missions to the list. Eventually they will overrun my char and ill just cancel sub. This would be a non issue if i would have a legitimate avenue in game to get certain needed recipes but at this point overseer seems the only damn way to get them. Beyond stupid
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

You can right click, unpack, and the item goes away. It gets added back to your rotation. I was having the same issues.
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

Read my post closer. I refuse to add them so that my daily rotation gets overrun with crap quests
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Well, I will add to that, right now the recipe books are not being listed as rewards in the crates anymore.
  20. Gnomfu Active Member

Am I mis-matching overseer chest with your page rewards.
    Captured in bramble woods chest - Equip, infuser, reset item and potions. I don't see agents, books, missions now
    the 1 hour ones are the same rewards as above for treasured chest