BUG: Overseer system

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alenna, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

I had 0% chance at a mishap and still got one that must be a bug. I should not have had a mishap
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Overseer interface shows integers. We have no what of knowing if there was actually a 0.4% Mishap chance.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Or if those percent chances are modifying a base chance of say -5% for bonus chance and 10% for mishap rate. I've done multiples of a 10-hour mission with 65% bonus chance and 22% mishap and gotten no bonus, and no discernible change to the mishap rate that I see on other missions. I've learned to just ignore the chance percentages - they're a nice tool to help verify the agents you choose are appropriate for the mission, but that's about it. We simple don't know enough about a system that likely still needs work (the reward crates DEFINITELY do - why are uncommon and tradeskill items (not shadow stuff) in the loot table for mythical crates??).

Sorry for the mini-rant, but yeah - this probably isn't a bug. I've had quite a few "0% chance mishaps." I'm betting we'll get a "working as intended," and maybe a small nugget about how things are actually working behind the scenes.
  4. Prox Well-Known Member

I want a ten hour overseer. Best I get is 6 hour and only like once a week.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I got a 10 hour one the other day, I've only seen it come up once so far
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

I've found that the overseer feature has been acting very differently than the week after launch. Maybe things have been added into patches that were never mentioned, just a guess on my part. Everyday I log in and sometimes more than once a day, I have a mishap mission completed. When I click it, most times it just has the one agent in the mishap box and no other agents in the party. I know I did not send it out. Yet I can still click to complete and get a reward from it. Yesterday I switched characters to do an alts overseer missions and when I switched back to my main, there the quest was again. I was able to complete it a second time.

I also noticed at the beginning after launch I received five different expert spell and CA recipe book, plus one for the tailor and one for the weaponsmith. Ever since then, I've gotten garbage from even my best missions. My 10-hour mission gives me a greater and a lesser fragment. Many bonus chests just reward either fragments, essence of chaos or an assortment of potions.

We need our spells and CAs upgraded, yet our recipe books are coming from a badly implemented side game that has nothing to do with EQ2. Itemization sucks. And somehow the 116 to 120 rare crafting books come from the highest tiered reward crate. The usefullness of spells and combat arts are not set up where the best ones come from the higher five levels. They are mixed throughout the levels. So, that right there tells me the person who set that up didn't have a clue about how things work in the game.

Open the gate and let our rare crafting books out!! You do control everything we do. I can only do this once every two hours. I can only do 10 of these a day. I can't use this agent because it has to be on cooldown for 10 hours. And the list goes on. Gates, gates, and more gates. I will say, you devs are excellent at making gates!!
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It's completely RNG I don't think it matters what the percentages say tbh.
    Kuulei likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a lot of information collected about how the Overseer Feature works on the wiki.

The better quality Agents have two Traits, so it is possible to hit multiple desired Traits on a given mission and get a better bonus chance.

We're also detailing which Missions grant what rewards.
    Breanna and Kuulei like this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Did a 10-hour mission, with a 65% bonus chance and my reward was a stamina infuser. Doesn't matter what details are posted. Until they take the garbage rewards out of the best missions' reward crates, you can get garbage and have to wait until the next day to use your 3 best agents again.
    Argosunited likes this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

too much RNG. I feel this is just one more thing I had to add to a very long list of things I already maintain on a daily schedule. /sighs