Returning SK help

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Honiax, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Honiax New Member

Hi all
    I AM back playing after 6 years away but getting really confused with stats
    I have my POT at 93k I understand this is the most important for BOL
    gear is a mixture if the starting crate gear quested and overseer
    am i on the right right track and this infuser business has me stumped tried useing some of the overseer reward infusers and it just fails.
    im up to the first instance in the signature line (completed crafting one so i can fly) and about to start quests in the
    in: the Aurelian Coast
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

[shrug] you might want to show others your SK https://u.eq2wire.com/ if you want to show more insight into your SK for others in this forum (you perhaps already looked at and other SK). just enable permit for this in game in settings of your toon and wait a while
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Honiax New Member

Soara2 likes this.
  4. Treiko Active Member

on your SK prestige tree you can get a lot more HP by changing it up so that you have 8 points in Enhanced Vigor (far left). I would recommend (from left to right) 8, 0, 5, 0, 5. then 0, 0, 2, 0, 2. this will get you a ton more HP and you still keep the potency and wdb boost you already have. In the dragon tree I would skip the first line on the left, and do 10, 10, 0, 10. will give you more mit and HP in def stance. in the heroic tab i would take all 10 points from Ability Aptitude and put them into Spirit and Body... ability mod is way easier to obtain than hp. In the crusader tree I would ditch the entire strength line. everything it gives is easy to obtain through reforging and natural presence on gear. Those points can go toward the stamina line so you can get the HP from that, and also Cavalier's shout at the bottom so you can have a little more threat.

Other than that, do the sig line, and then do all the solo achievements (you can find the list either on wiki, and also your quest journal > achievements > triumphs > BoL. they all give good gear (165 resolve and higher). You should end up with good ears, neck and rings, as well as a cloak. Plat infuse everything if you can afford it, it will boost your HP, potency, CB and abil mod significantly. Then use up any infusers you get from quests, loot, and overseer as well. Keep in mind my suggestions are assuming you are going to be running as a tank. If you are running as a DPS fighter I can't help you other than to say good luck. I hope I was able to help you at least get a boost in the right direction.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right now for heroics, you will want to aim for 140K Potency. To get that, yoiu will almost certainly have to infuse. There's a good guide to Equipment Infusing on the wiki.

There is some better gear to be had to help you make the jump to Heroics, and it comes mostly from doing Achievements:
    SynnikuL, Obano, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Honiax New Member

Soara2 and Treiko like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Can I just ask a simple question, where do you see any announcement of what potency "should" be? I've seen some mentions in other threads about some kind of hard cap on potency in certain areas, have no idea where that comes from either. Also, is it 130k potency or 140k potency for heroics. I've even heard 145k potency. Where is everyone looking to find that out?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

IMO Sanctum Spiritstone is better for starting out because it drops in Solo areas, is leveled by Solo Weeklies and has potency. Apparently the Chrono Spark doesn't. I got mine in Venom (Solo).

I'd also suggest that you focus on your mount and if you're thinking of spending cash on something, make it unlocking your mount if you're looking for potency. With just quest rewards, I have 2x600 potency barding and 1x775 potency barding. I haven't worked out how to get more barding than that so I haven't unlocked the other levels.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm getting it both from personal experience and watching what folks are asking for in LFG channel. 140K is the point at which you actually start to be effective. yeah, you can probably manage at 135K, but you're using wet noodles to hit with.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  10. Agulo Member

As stated above, you have quite a few AA points that can be moved around to be more beneficial.
    Here's my sk main, still toying and testing with a few things but his AAs are solid for both DPS and survivability.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/463856776770

Also, SKs in Def stance make Baby Yoda cry =(
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Obano Well-Known Member

Toss out those 610 potency bardings you get from quests. There is a crafted barding with 647 potency that only costs a Zelniak hide to make. You can create as many of those as you want.
    Semperfifofum and Treiko like this.
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah I just got that recipe, thanks for the heads up!
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I just spent the last day retooling my AA trees, and finishing plat infusion on all items. Many items can't be infused past the point where plat infusion is at 0%, not even with Empyral infusers. TLDR I didn't reach 140k with my Warlock.

I'll detail a bit of how I'm dealing with the entry barriers to Heroic, as it might help the OP.

I don't have enough fragments and they're out of my price range (especially now) to make more Voidpiercer's Raw Power adorns (about 250 pot each, about 7 places to use them) but I did manage to make the 2H one and another one. Was the lack of fragments intended? For some reason it takes 5 to make a 2H Raw Power adorn, but 10 to make an ordinary one.I have plenty of everything else.

I had to switch back to the Umbra mount because while I wasn't looking, the Voidwatcher one became less good than the Umbra one. There was a dev note on that but I missed it.

Then after all that, I reforged into DPS since some people I know somewhat said that DPS is now a useful stat again and auto attack snacks are all the rage (especially if you look at the price of them). It feels wrong somehow to have a mage with DPS and looking for food that improves auto attack, but if that's the current system, fine. I really have no way to test it except on a training dummy because the solo mobs keep becoming resistant to various percents of damage, but the overhead numbers seem to indicate it was a good idea.

I don't really understand temporary adorns. I see people with temp effects, but they seem to be wearing ordinary adorns, I could use help understanding that. Their gear says something about "... 5 hours left" and the name of a temp effect. Is that a forcelink of some sort or is it a temp adorn, or a snack? I'm pretty sure I"m not the only one confused by that.

I got this far: https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168961370953 (Thank you, Feldon, btw)

133k is the best I can do until I get more drops and I've had exactly one exquisite chest in 5 days. It contained an Illegible Master. At least it was one I plan to use someday, but it was no help now.With food, that would be about +500 potency, but that's not really the 7k that I'd need.

It might take a day or so to update the character listing. But there I stand, at a loss now since I didn't manage it.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you go defensive stance? Is it for challenge heroics?
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

do death prevents work in offensive stance?
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes. SK epic 2.0 allows death prevents to work in offensive stance.
    Semperfifofum and Bludd like this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

nice no such luck for zerkers
  18. Crazier Member

SK's have a defensive stance i must have missed getting that one
    Agulo likes this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter, zerkers can do more DPS than SK in their defensive stance this expansion :)
    Bludd likes this.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I interpreted his comment as "don't use defensive stance" which has been a thing for SK's since Altar of Malice, and maybe before that even. I thought he meant, don't make Baby Yoda cry.