After patch 1-7

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by SwashbucklerWoman, Jan 11, 2020.

1. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

after this patch I started getting licked out of the game
    which didn't happen before I spent over 2k on this computer and now this
    has this happen to anyone else?
    and what to do about it
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Have you tried the simple stuff? Reboot your computer, your router, and your modem.

(2) Start the Launchpad and click the Advanced Tools button (crossed hammer and wrench icon), then ask it to Validate Files. Sometimes a file gets borked, and this will check the file vs. the Manifest and correct any damaged files.

(3) Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed? If you are in a recent version of Windows, it will have a higher DX version, but EQ2 is picky and wants specifically DX 9.0c. You can download DirectX 9.0c from the Microsoft website, or if you are running Win10 you may need to get an alternate Microsoft runtime version from the company's site here. I stick DX 9.0c in my EQ2 installation folder, the various versions coexist peacefully.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not getting kicked out so much, but just now for the second time in a row this morning, I'd gone to LEAVE (not even zoning IN!) a house, only to get stuck on "Receiving zone info" indefinitely (well, I must admit I gave up after several minutes) until I hit the Exit button. Going back in, unless I select a toon right off from the drop-down list, that entire server's worth of toons doesn't show. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is on Maj'Dul. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.