Fixed Internally Hide illusion and Hide mount is not working.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by EmJay, Jan 9, 2020.

1. EmJay Well-Known Member

I use the new upgraded mount from the Premium edition which I paid a lot of money for. It is called Mount: Skygge on the list of things included with that edition. I have do not show mount selected in my options and I also have hide my illusions checked in my options. They are not working.

This needs to be fixed because tonight I grouped and the tank pulled a mob to a corner and we were all crunched up in that corner...4 freakin horses, 1 disk and 1 set of wings. That horribly affected gameplay. I could hardly see what was going on. If you think for one moment that it was fun? You would be very wrong.

Your decision concerning this new "MOUNT" is just not acceptible. And if you took the time to step inside the game, you would see all the people who choose not to show your ugly new mount. Yet we are stuck with it. I want a different mount that can be hidden so I can play the game the way I like to play it. I do not want to have to look through the eyes of that ugly blue thing.
    Soara2, Finora, Carynn and 14 others like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Not a bug.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bol-mounts-can-not-hide-them.592269/
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

supposedly, the DEVs already answered this FAILURE as "Not a Bug" or "Working as Designed" or some such disguised profanity they issue to players currently,....
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

We fought to have them hidden for exactly the reasons stated above, and to reduce lag.
    Please make hiding these new illusion mounts THAT WE PAID PREMIUM PRICE FOR possible.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does the Hide Mount button work with other mounts?

Uwk
  7. EmJay Well-Known Member

Not the mount used in the appearance slot apparently.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Marae Well-Known Member

We got a response from a dev in the other thread (the one linked to above) and they are working on a fix for this issue. Uwk, hiding mounts does work with other mounts, just not with the new ones (I double-checked this morning). Caith explained that it's because the illusion can't tell whether or not you're flying so it can't turn itself off when you land. They are hoping to fix it so that appearance mounts will respect the hide mount option, and they are working to get that out for the next hotfix.
    Soara2, EmJay and Carynn like this.
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Yay!! best thing I've heard all day
  10. EmJay Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting this. It does pay to be persistent!! :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

Wish they would hurry with this because I usually always hide my mount and Im sick of seeing wings(cant use my other ones too big).
  12. Sniper Member

Lord I really hope it is in the works for the hot fix, cause it is driving me wild as well
  13. Perciful Active Member

• The patch seems to work in overland, But it is NOT working in instances. As patch stated, I am using a normal mount as an appearance mount with an flying illusion as primary mount and render mounts option is set to never show...... character looks good in overland but when I zone into solo instance or Sanctus Seru the flying illusion persists
    Soara2, Juraiya, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  14. EmJay Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Do you test anything before pushing it to live? The fix to hide that hideous blue mount does not work inside zones, Sanctus Seru, heroic, solo and event heroic zones, raid zones. I was very specific there because it's just like you devs to not be thorough when you TRY to fix things.

The last two patches have been epic fails as far as what you say was fixed and what actually got fixed. /facepalm
    Soara2 and Argosunited like this.
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

Well, at least it seems to have fixed the underwater walking issue. I'm off my mount and swimming now when I go in the water, which is as it should be. I have not checked this in an instance, though. I also haven't tried climbing anything since the update. I never mentioned it before since we were about to be patched when I discovered it, but climbing a wall on my appearance mount was hilarious. The poor horsey had his head in the granite and his back legs trotting along on air while he stepped up the "ladder" on his front hooves... priceless. I really ought to check on that... :D

I also should mention that the illusion mount, sans appearance mount, also gallops along underwater. I would think it would swim. On the plus side, it seems to be able to breathe underwater, without any spells or totems.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Sniper Member

I’m really glad I’m not the only one who this mount thing drives crazy lol
  17. Perciful Active Member

18. Breanna Well-Known Member

They still show in the houses too.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Still show in combat as well. (for hide mounts while in combat)
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

We did pay premium, not again tho...not after this
    Soara2 and Argosunited like this.