Santus Seru prestige house recipe items are small/confusing?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Zooeyzz, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Zooeyzz Member

Is it just me? Seems like some of the crafted items are tiny at their largest, like the pillars, garden and the walls, while the cathedral and the shop can get to the size of an actual bulding, but you can't actually go in them. I might be missing the concept here. Have you guys looked at them? Help me understand!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd love to, but I don't have the expac yet...could the house items/building blocks be buggy? :-/

And have Oaky or Denmum done a write-up/item show-off of them yet anywhere?

Uwk
    Zooeyzz and Breanna like this.
  3. Zooeyzz Member

I'll keep an eye out! Thanks :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

On beta you cannot use /claim option. Since the recipe for these items is a /claim item, could not do a preview video. I normally do not do videos of items after they hit live. I think I did video of the last CE/PE recipe book items when I was doing breakout video but I did that video I think day the expansion released. I was planning on doing a breakout video of this house (if you can actually breakout that is) but have not gotten the time yet. I was having issues doing the Frostfell Neighborhood videos. Game was crashing and RL stuff so took a break from videoing.

I did craft each of the items and place them to check them out for myself. I was disappointed with the size of the buildings and not being able to enter them. I so wanted to use them for a project I seriously need to finish up cuz someone amazing has been waiting for forever for me to finish. Now whether or not that is a bug, I do not know. Maybe just a scaling issue??? I do not know. Not being able to go inside makes me sad as well but probably not a bug. I can try to feedback to see if they can change the scaling of the items and see if it is a bug you cannot enter. However, the very first set of buildings Neko Zero/Shadowplay made you could not enter those buildings. It took him some time to be able to make buildings that you could enter. Those buildings all have doors that are separate items. Sadly, there was no separate door item in the recipe book. Even though you cannot enter those buildings, they can be useful in certain projects. Lots of people custom make buildings and never provide a way inside cuz there isn't enough item count to decorate inside every house/building. I have also been in inside of a house but they do not provide a way outside just a window to see outside. People will decorate the outside with all sorts of things including buildings to make it look like the house is part of a neighborhood. There is also placing items in a breakout area but not providing a way to that breakout area...buildings you cannot enter could be used and have been used in this situation as well. Do I wish we could enter this new Sanctus Seru buildings? Absolutely! Would make them so much more useful.

Is a video of the Sanctus Seru Promenade Furniture Recipes items helpful this long after the items have already gone live?
  5. Zooeyzz Member

Thanks! When I found my way into the buildings (like placing it on top of me lol), they are mostly invisible from the inside, so i guess the door isn't supposed to work. A video might be helpful to some since the expac is still available for sale. I was really excited about the appearance of these things, like the gardens in the prestige house are biiiig round grassy bits and these crafted gardens are like flower pot size lol. Thanks for your post :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, they'd BETTER still be on sale; I'm not touching this bug-ridden rainforest of an expac until September. :-/

Uwk
    Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

wow just wow..... I am back to adventuring as my primary past time, but I wanted to start setting up the new Seru House as my new home base. Yeah the scaling and rendering of some items is just not good. You can use the columns for fence posts but that is about it for size. Not to mention, none of the Blocks are listed as blocks so will hit your item count. This is FAILSAUCE all around. Seeing as raid zones are still broken, I would not anticipate a fix for any of this stuff for months or maybe never. Disappointing that the designs are pretty great for the buildings but a failure to go the extra mile to make them functioning is just lackluster. Maybe they should be hiring a few of our Player Studio people to fix these items.

I wont be spending the researcher coins for additional recipes either until I know this issue is not across the board.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I finally got time to do the house item preview for this set of items plus bonus material of the hand and master crafted stuff too. This video I try to point out the stuff that is disappointing. I do love how beautiful everything is so that is why I was so disappointed cuz it is drool worthy beautiful. I will try to contact someone to see if maybe something can be done to fix scaling and maybe building-block tag. If not, maybe for future items like this they know what and why we are looking from house items.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yet another reason I wait until September to get the latest expac; hopefully by then, they'll have fixed everything there, but arrggghhhh! It's such a pain having to wait!! :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ocarinah ? you said you made a video of the Frostfell neighborhoods if you finished doing that , where can I find those videos ?
    And why are there several posts without anything in them in your other thread thread ?

Never mind found it , and I very much enjoy your tours .
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I just put a header there so there is something to reserve the spots so all the videos are at the top so people can comment if they want to without others have to page through the whole thread to find them. That reminds me I need to put a link in the stick thread The Decorators' Resource to the SSHHS video thread.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing that, too! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. elflover Well-Known Member

I like i can get these off broker (i know you buy pack but if you can put them on broker your stilling getting use of them), i hate others are heirloom makes it a pain commissioning since you cant mass craft in commission and its disappointing how small the tiles are. My favorite is the garden , it could be slightly bigger maybe 25%, but ive found good use for it :)
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

I was also disappointed in these items when I first saw them. They are absolutely gorgeous, and I do love that they get so small, but at the same time, I hate that they don't get very large.

I was also disappointed that the pre-fab structures were not accessible and that they are invisible from the inside looking out. At least if they had walls and windows and such on the inside, you could have used a house teleport item to get inside them. You still can, if you want to go through the trouble of reskinning the insides but that defeats the purpose of trying to save item count with a prefabricated bulding, so seems kind of pointless.

I really do hope that they intend to fix some, if not all of these issues, and that they are just delayed at the moment, as they try to fix some of the more "important" things, like raid zones. (Of course these are more important, cause it is where they generate most of their revenue, apparently. I mean sheesh, if someone is willing to throw $3,000 down the drain to upgrade their spells...I guess it really truly is where most of their revenue comes from.) :rolleyes:
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously? Bleeding hells, that's why the end game is so stupidly difficult and PhD-in-math requiring these days. :-/

And here I always figured it was us "casual gamer scum" that did the consistent chipping into the coffers with the things we wanted... :-/

Uwk
    Quiarrah and Breanna like this.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

I am also extremely dismayed that these items cannot be made larger. I based my decision to buy at least the collector's edition on both my accounts in large part because of the house and accompanying recipes. The style is beautiful and I had such wonderful plans for that house, all thwarted by the scaling issues.

The house is ENORMOUS compared to the items allegedly made to go in it. Try to put a wall along that scary edge (I am not happy with heights) and you will use up half your item allowance because the wall pieces are so tiny. The windows and the columns/pillars are a joke in terms of scale. The little houses are nice, but as noted here and in the video, you can't enter them by any normal means, and once you've gotten inside (via teleporter or dropping the building on your head) you can see through and walk through the walls.

Ironically, you CANNOT walk through the door, from either outside or inside.

The gardens are also really too small to be much use in such an environment. I'd love to put some of those big ol' trees from Vesspyr Isles in there, but I'm afraid even at minimum size they will overflow that little planter.

The worst disappointment is the platforms. I had visions of using the round ones to make an arrangement out over the water, but they are so dinky it's like trying to build with tiddlywinks. And inside the hall I was going to put a second level, using the square platforms. Not only are they too small to be efficient for that use, but you can see right through them from below. That's not the aesthetic I was looking for. :(
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...I don't have the expac yet, but aren't there things that at least act like Tiles or Dividers or the rest of the Building Blocks? :-/

"Not visible from below" is more like the properties of various rugs and other "one-of" items, rather than true Building Blocks that you can, y'know, build stuff from. :-/

So, if they max scale up to 6.00 according to the various layout editors, what are the actual "units" they cover? In other words, a regular square Tile is like 2 units North/South by 2 units East/West (by a dinky amount Up/Down; they're thin); a regular Block is 2 x 2 x 2 units, etc. by default, and get up to 12 units wide when cranked up to a max. scale of 6.00. How much square footage do these things cover at default and at max sizes?

The best way to see this in "action" is to use either a Qeynos or Freeport house with the right-click options to change the floor appearance into, basically, square "tiles" (of wood parquet or stone) making up the floor of 1 unit each (roughly).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Marae Well-Known Member

I haven't measured them out yet, Uwkete. I've been waiting for the portals issue to be resolved before spending time decorating the new homes. I didn't want any new portals I placed to override my working pathways between houses, so I haven't connected my Sanctus Seru houses to the network, and that makes getting back and forth to those projects inconvenient. After today's patch I'll take another look. Maybe I can get you some actual numbers based on Qeynos/Freeport floors as you suggested, with a comparison to our standard-sized items.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I would really like someone to tell us what the POINTwas in making these items so small in the first place. What were they thinking? Was it done intentionally on purpose or is it a design flaw that they have yet to fix? And why are the platforms not SOLID? Even house actors sink into it because theres no bottom to it.
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Looks like today's update has these items:
    1. Blood of Luclin building block house items have had their maximum size increased.
    2. Sanctus Seru Promenade Furniture house items have had their maximum size increased.
    Haven't tested it out yet but thought I would give people heads up if they missed today's update notes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and elflover like this.