Not A Bug BoL Mounts - Can not hide them

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AvenElonis, Dec 21, 2019.

1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I have options set to "never show mount", but with the BoL Mounts they are always visible in Guild Hall and most but not all zones. Please add to the list to be fixed, not liking when I am trying to tank.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is "working as intended" apparently. If you read the Examine window, the mounts are presenting as an illusion. The best workaround I've found is to put some kind of wings in the appearance slot. They still show (even though I have mounts turned off), but at least it's not some hulking huge bug.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Rhyanna New Member

It is really unfortunate that the BoL mounts are not responding to the 'Never show' option. I'm already seeing the impact of rendering everyone's mounts in the form of increased lag in PQs. I anticipate this will be a problem in raid zones as well. I hope the devs will rethink this and change it in a future update.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Just because "it is working as intended" - I would still like to see it corrected. I will see if I have wings I can use to minimize the effect. But as Rhyanna said - oh the lag in PQs now with this.
    Stibbie and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Korochun Member

it would be much more convenient if BoL mounts were made actually mounts, not illusions. I cant use other illusions (but i want!) while im using Skyggie and i have to use it as it is most powerful mount i have
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yeah, the dragon illusion mounts are the same way.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The thing is even if you choose a different appearance mount while using a BoL, such as wings, they too are affected and can't be hidden.
    Navarre, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is there a fix coming for this?
    Korochun likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I don't expect any patches until after the new year, they are on holiday
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Sadly, it's working as intended.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

oh well that sort of makes me sad.
    at least on one of my toons an appearance mount works, it's the fire horse mount from /claim
  12. Stibbie Member

While this may be "working as intended" it has an impact on the enjoyment of game play. People dont want to use a mount with the best stats that they paid alot of cash money for due to a bad design. I dont always want to be on a mount I dont like the appearance and I dont want to be invisible in the guild hall. So even if "working as intended" please consider changing it or at the very least please offer an equal mount without the illusion.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

It is most definitely not working as intended. For me it doesnt matter which mount or illusion im using. The illusion form is hidden in all but the new zones and never show mount as well. I used a pack pegasus for my mount and appearance and was stuck on horseback in new zones with no way to hide it. And yes, also invisible in guild hall
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm cranky that I'm having to use my tinkered wings as appearance instead of my witches' broom. The wings give a more normal in-city appearance. But I have NOT checked to see what they do in the Guild Hall. But right now for me, the wings are the best bet.

Some of my guildies are using either flying disks of various types or carpets as appearance mounts.

Seriously, stop with the illusion mount thing. It's awful.
  15. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I suspect this will get fixed after the holidays - there about 5 to 6 threads on this issue alone.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

This would explain why you are still mounted underwater, when normally you would be knocked off your mount and swimming. It's very strange to hear the horses' hooves clopping underwater, although some of my appearance mounts seem to "swim" and it's actually kind of cool.

I agree, illusion mounts should not dominate all other illusions, and certainly should not make it impossible to appear "mountless."

This is kind of a tangent, but my dream for years has been to see a mount that lets you fly without appearing to be mounted (wings are close, but no cigar, and turning off mounts doesn't keep them from appearing when you fly). The illusions are a step in that direction, but it would be nice if you could turn off the shape-changing aspect of them. I'm sure there's a valid story reason why we'll never see this, but I can dream. :)
  17. Sniper Member

I am going to weigh in on this if you have never show mount selected it shouldn’t matter what mount is on, it should never show. That said I agree it’s very annoying in raid, group and pq to see all the mounts it would be great to use a feature in game that actually means what it says never show
    Korochun likes this.
  18. Oradim Well-Known Member

One thing that really irks me is trying to use a crafting table and having it virtually obscured by some humongous overflowing mount with its butt in my face.

Maybe I'm just old and crotchety though!
    Juraiya, Rosyposy, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Only because someone using a giant size or their mount has its crotch in your face!
  20. Oradim Well-Known Member

Haha, yep, that's definitely a factor!
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.