Shadow nodes and worthless common shadow stuff

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Whilhelmina, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Laita Well-Known Member

So I just good the xpac 6 days ago... yesterday I leveled up my sage to 120 and ran it through the tradeskill timeline. I completed it, I have the staff with the weird little 5 minute shadow ability... but nowhere during the questline did I receive a "prospect shadows" ability/spell, and under my harvesting skills, there is NO Shadow Prospect skill showing...

I notice most of you are showing pics/experiences from back before xmas… did they change something, or am I bugged?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are you using a custom UI? If so, be sure to update it. If not, I don't have any ideas.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

no, I just reinstalled the game last week after a nice break, so just using the default UI..guess I'll open a /petition and see what they say.
  4. Adept Active Member

The skill does not autoscribe. Have you searched your bags for book 'Shadow Prospecting', you have to click the book to gain the skill. if this is the case for you and you click it .. welcome to the only 1/600 skill club.
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

I understand that... but I say again, there was never a book/scroll given to me during the quest line... so nothing to scribe, no spell and no skill.... BUT... with that being said, I was finally able to find the "shadow nodes" on my most recent staff attempt (no rares), but hey progress... just wondering if they changed something since I am able to find/harvest the nodes, but don't have the spell/ability or skill...
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

They'll tell you to report it as a bug.
  7. The-Plethora Active Member

I had the same issue with accidentally deleting the spell you can scribe and petitioned. They told me it would be fixed in the next days update.

TRADESKILLS
    • Increased the Applied Shadows buff to 30 minutes
    • Applied Shadows will now persist through zoning
    • Characters that did not consume the Shadow Prospecting skill book until after completing the trade skill signature line, and thus missed out on the skill leveling granted by completing the quest series will now be set to the current maximum level of 25 by completing any harvest in Blood of Luclin zones.
    I have since logged in and it doesn't look to be fixed yet, still not seeing a shadow harvest 25/600 entry on my skills and harvesting any common shadow node now instantly drops the shadow harvest buff.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, they ALSO completely broke Shadow Harvesting badly, so no telling what all went on in that patch.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

What went on was a bunch of dumbassery.
    Rhodris and Pixistik like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Well my shadow harvesting days are over. They call this a fix? I still like to believe that they think everything that's flagged rare is rare, there's no other reason for the stupidity of the 30 second rule. SMH.
    • Corrected a bug that caused Applied Shadows to immediately drop after harvesting a shadowed node, instead of have its duration reduced to 30 seconds.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-thursday-january-9-2020.592703/#post-6587693