Fixed Internally Piercing the Darkness: Gifts from the Great Beyond Part II Quest Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sir Channelot, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Sir Channelot New Member

I am stuck on the BoL TS line. Examining Ironsprocket's M.A.G.I.C. Device does not offer the Gifts from the Great Beyond Part II quest and also unable to find it anywhere in quest journal.
    Lunaris, Brensia, Maripop and 4 others like this.
  2. Argo New Member

Also having this problem!!! When I examine the item it just shows "This contraption is made of many, many foreign parts that you do not understand. You should keep it with you just in case." with a "close" option. Frustrating as we cannot progress with tradeskill line without the quest. Thank you!
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Remember to upvote the first post if you are having the same issue as OP.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have gathered the three mysterious items, AND crafted the Lightning Tracker Mach I on a Work Bench, AND used the Tracker first?
  5. Argo New Member

Sigrdrifa, I'm not sure if that's the part of the quest I'm on yet. I finished Piercing the Darkness: Gifts from the Great Beyond Part 1. I saw the quest pop up but I was about to zone. Checked my journal for the Part 2 version and it wasn't there.

Wiki has been saying "How to start: Look closer while examining Ironsprocket's M.A.G.I.C. Device". However, when I examine it, it doesn't offer the quest.

Am I missing something here?
  6. HyperionX New Member

Any updates on this for anyone? I'm still unable to get the quest and finish the timeline.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Having just finished the TS questline in its entirety over the last couple of days, there are a couple of caveats I'd share:
    1. Read the wiki and quest line descriptions carefully. There's a tendency to want to rush through and get it done and that can have some problems if you miss steps.
    2. Make sure you're in the zone where the quest is taking place when you're doing updates.
    3. Some parts of this have you harvest in the zone it's taking place and mats already in your bag won't get it done.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I am on part I of this quest and when ever I use the tracker I get a random tracking spot and when i examine the M.A.G.I.C device I only get a "close" option.
  9. HyperionX New Member

Wiki says in order to start the quest, "Look closer while examining Ironsprocket's M.A.G.I.C Device." Whenever I go to examine the M.A.G.I.C Device, I also get the same message as dirgenoobforreal with the one option of "close". and no quest being offered. On all my other toons, been ok with progressing through the TS line, just this one toon and quest step.
  10. Maripop Member

Following. I too finished the Piercing the Darkness: Gifts from the Great Beyond Part I quest, and accepted the reward and the new quest did not pop up for me. I also tried using Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach II in my inventory. I also no longer have the Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach II recipe in my recipe list.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Make sure to actually read your journal is asking you to do and not just the wiki. You can get ahead of yourself by a step if you're NOT reading what your journal says to do and just try to follow wiki. I accidentally by-passed one step on one of my crafters because I failed to read what my journal wanted first, luckily it remedied itself when I zoned.

Edit your post with what step your journal is actually on, or the last step you completed, if there is nothing in your jounral, so we can assist you better.

1. Gather 3 mysterious object in the Boneyard Bog
    2. Craft a Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach I on a Work Bench and use it. (maybe this is the "glitch" as you will have two recipes for this tracker I, out of habit I crafted using the recipe that I had not used yet, rather than the one I already had for finding Benosch in the shik`nar cave?)
    3. Examine Ironsprocket's M.A.G.I.C. Device from inventory and 'Look more closely at the contraption.'
    This gives the tracker II recipe and I think the next quest, but wiki doesn't mention if that is what happens)
    4. Craft another Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach I on a Work Bench
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Sir Channelot New Member

The last step I completed was step 4, "Craft another Advanced Lightning Tracker Mach I on a Work Bench ". I looked in my quest journal and I have definitely completed Piercing the Darkness: Gifts from the Great Beyond Part I, as evidenced below:

[IMG]

Again, when I examine my "Ironsprocket's M.A.G.I.C device", I only receive the "close option"

[IMG]

Thus, I am unable to start Gifts from the Great Beyond Part II, it is not in my journal, and I have not completed it. I have checked it many many times and it seems that other people are also stuck on this step, despite being able to complete it subsequently on other characters (myself included).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I know that after you craft the first Mach I, you are suppose to use the Mach I, then you get the following message:
    The tracker darts away quickly, but seems confused as it is not powerful enough to accurately track that target.
    I may need to find a way to upgrade the Lightning Tracker Mach I so that it can handle finding more exotic items.
    That's when you are supposed to examine your M.A.G.I.C. device.

That should give you a new recipe, update and Part II
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. Sir Channelot New Member

Thank you for the suggestion, I already tried it though. Tried it again in Aurelian Coast all over the zone, including the quest area:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You need to move and try the tracker again. If someone else gets to your Seeping Shadow before you get there to harvest it, you may need to make some more trackers. I used mass production and made 10 (which works because making the trackers isn't the quest step).
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They are not at the seeping shadow part as they did not get the starter for the part II.
    I suggest you put in a petition, it looks as though you may have got a lag spike and the quest didn't update properly.
  17. Robynous Well-Known Member

Am I supposed to be able to fly in the TS timeline? I have arrived in Luclin but can't get anywhere! I don't see anything telling me why my mount won't work like it did in that previous rather tedious expansion when they wouldn't let you fly at first.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, you can't fly until/unless you finish the BoL adventure sig line. the "explanation" is that you and your mount aren't used to the lunar gravity.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?