Shadow nodes and worthless common shadow stuff

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Whilhelmina, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Three trips to look for shadowed nodes today, I haven't even seen one. :mad:
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

As stated before, it's profitable not to fix shadow prospecting. There's a limited number of options to level abilities and most of them involve the Marketplace.It's not nice, but smart business.
    Kheldar likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, no, it's not good business if people stop playing rather then struggling without experts and refusing to spend cash for what should be obtainable in a reasonable amount of time in game.
    ESPECIALLY since they're doubling down and making many of the new red adorns only affect 'new (aka lvl 111+)' arts.
    Finora, Kheldar, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  4. CSP84 Well-Known Member

That happens to me when there are /or were 4 - 5 harvester in the same region. That is the next problem i see, if you introduce a new harvest mechanic than there needs to be enough space as in larger overland zones.

What i see is that harvester , including me, only harvest in the first part of the blinding and around The grey part in Wracklands where you can use the crafter necklace. Why, because mobs are non-aggro.....

My suggestions would be either put the necklace buff onto the staff so that mobs are always non-aggro. The other option would be have the nodes spawn around Terens Grasp in KP. That would even work with story of the signa questline.
    Argosunited likes this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Just another oddity. Notice these experts don't use shadow rares.
    [IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Avithax Well-Known Member

There seems to be 2 classes of books. The Empyral Studies take Shadow Nodes while the Shadow Studies books take Primal Rares. The latter being even more rare that the Empyral.

This way there's more than one impossible way to get spells without paying DBC.
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

I don't think the players who don't spend cash carry a lot of weight in their decisions. I agree that over time a lot of players will move on but attrition isn't a new issue nor has it been one that influences their short term decisions.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

If they 'don't count' people who subscribe but don't throw extra cash at the game, they're bad at numbers. Reliable, predictable income is far more valuable for planning and budgeting purposes than unpredictable spikes.
    Finora, Alenna, Kheldar and 3 others like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since it's been the holidays, I expect that devs have been scarce in the office.

I am REALLY looking forward to the next patch, which hopefully will be Tuesday. I HOPE they will fix a bunch of stuff.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

I would say that's highly unlikely since they haven't been there to fix anything to patch in.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I expect the earliest we'll see a major patch is the 3rd.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Aaand... they're taking us down at 2 Pacific today. No idea what for yet.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

How ridiculous. Although I'm glad I have the book.
  14. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

My alchy has discoed 2 of the lvl 116 Monk experts, Calm Tranquility X and the green taunt. One of those I discoed a week ago and one I discoed 10 minutes ago. I didn't disco the recipe book though. That leads me to believe that these rares are ridiculously, well, rare. Both were done with the Lantern Hogfish, of which I have had 2 total, both from Overseer rewards. That being said, there are a ton of Hogfish meals and rares for sale. /shrug
  15. Gudum Active Member

Has anyone else on a low adventure level toon been unable to use the mount tack for buffing the shadow prospecting skill? I can't use it because I "don't meet the level requirements" with a tradeskill level of 120.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yes, I had to level my harvesting char from 110 to 120 just to use them. They check adventure level.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Poetic_Justice Member

There was times at first when I received the Staff that I couldn't find much rares or any. Today I've found shadow nodes, at least 7 in the area of Blinding ( This area seems to work well for me.) It's just random I guess..but the rate everyone has been talking about to harvest a rare shadow compared to common shadow harvestables, looks slim to none. Haven't got one yet.
  18. Suedoenimm Member

Only fighters do not have to have the rare shadowed harvests in order to get their expert spells made...
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, patch came and went, skill is still sitting at 39 with my 2 pieces of gear and I gathered a grand total of 17 shadowed nodes with this single char including... tadaaaaa... ZERO rares as usual. yeepee!
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

We need to grow the thread in the Bug Forum. I can't imagine they even look at the Tradeskill forum.