Shadow nodes and worthless common shadow stuff

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Whilhelmina, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Gnomfu Active Member

I'm wondering if they rushed the changes and the recipes are pointing to the wrong mats needed. I disco'd a mastercrafted mythical potion and i believe it's the 4th tier of mastercrafted potions i've found. It would lead me to guess that rares should be used to make mythical tier mastercrafted. I've found 2 alch studies (112, 119) and those potions aren't that high of a tier.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Emphyral stuff is made with shadowed rares. Most of those recipes haven't been discoed on most servers yet.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

^^^ Such a shame I can only 'like' this post the once - I would 'like' it a million times if I could.

Caith and Gninja need to get the hell away from tradeskilling. Neither understand it. Between the pair of them, they have completely screwed this aspect of the game.
    Alenna, Kheldar, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I stopped leveling all the tradeskill alts - can see no point to it this expansion, they can make nothing my main needs after doing the quests in BoL.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Domino never did the itemization for the gear. She may have been able to influence, but she didn't control it. Itemization has always been Caith's bailiwick.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Gnomfu Active Member

I've not found any of the rare shadow books and was wondering if there was a list of what the actual rares are.
    this is my total shadow harvest :
    2 Shadowed Algae
    14 Shadowed Humming Azurite
    2 Shadowed Lunar Mushroom
    15 Shadowed Slow Creeping Roots
    11 Shadowed Hardened Zelniak Pelts
    8 Shadowed Luclizite Clusters
    2 Shadowed Jumper Creepers
    21 Shadowed Spruce Logs
    2 Shadowed Rockhopper Meat
    2 Shadowed Zeliniak Steak
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

rares:
    2 Shadowed Jumper Creepers
    2 Shadowed Zeliniak Steak
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  8. Balcerak Well-Known Member

After finishing the TS timeline, I've done many harvests and no shadowed items have I seen. I tried using my staff and it turned the screen black for a minute. Then I could see again, but same harvest nodes as usual no matter where I ran. It sounds like I'm not missing much, but was curious if just finishing the timeline should give me some harvests or if there is something magic about using the staff for the few minutes it works. I tried having it equipped all the time while harvesting but never saw anything shadowed.
  9. Gnomfu Active Member

thanks. I'm guessing anything new I find now should be rare which makes it easier.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

All this harvesting on 3 toons with their shadow staff. NOT ONE RARE. The game has turned into EverHarvest.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just think we wouldn't have the bizarre two-tier rare system, though.
    Alenna, Lateana, Whilhelmina and 2 others like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The same dev that did itemization did shadow prospecting...
    And moved experts out of the advanced books and into the shadow/emphyral boosk
    Alenna, Lateana, Arcos and 2 others like this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

And she certainly would not have re-implemented a system that was basically thrown out as unworkable 14 years ago.
    Alenna, Kheldar, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Just a bit off topic here but can anyone tell me why 'essence of chaos' is in the loot table for the harvesting quests? Aren't they old? Is there new recipes for them?
    I honestly feel like crafters are being trolled this expansion.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You need to crank up your particles to the max to see the shadow nodes.

They look like that:
    [IMG]
    I'm so disheartened that I didn't even add the images to my website yet.

I don't think they have a use in this expansion. As do a lot of the stuff we harvest right now, like the shadow common mats who are side items for some recipes I think except the pelts for mount gear, or the food rare items (rare shadowed mushroom, pome and meat don't have a use as far as I know). Lucky us, they forgot to put shadowed fish nodes which have no use either.

Shadowed Items are named the same as regular items except for the "shadowed" in the name. So shadowed commons are those named like common mats (aka Shadowed Slow Creeping Roots) and shadowed rares are named like regular rares (aka Shadowed Jumping Creeper).

I love the job Gninja did with the timeline (even if Aurelian Coast is a pain if you're under 100 adv), but itemization is a massive mess (and he had nothing to do with it)
    Mermut, Lateana, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  16. Arcos Active Member

Sorry if anyone's already spotted this but just harvested 3 consecutive times from shadowed coalesced stone cluster and got shadowed humming azurite. Seems the nodes don't even know what they're supposed to be.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, there's that one too. Ore and gems node were reversed at the start of beta, we got them fixed but the fix obviously didn't make it to shadowed nodes.

And I sure hope they'll give us a way to refine/trade our useless commons into rares.
  18. Gwalchmai Member

Ok, I see what happened here. I didn't realize that I had received a Shadow Prospecting book at the end of Piercing the Darkness: Gifts from the Great Beyond Part III. Now that I've scribed it, I have a Shadow Prospecting skill of 1/600 despite having finished the TS Sig line. I can also scribe the Voidwalker's Mounting Prospects recipe book. For my sage, I made sure to scribe Shadow Prospecting as soon as he got it, and he immediately was 6/585 and became 25/600 at the end of the sig line. In my opinion, there is no earthly reason why it should be optional to scribe the Shadow Prospecting book!

I recommend that the book should be auto-scribed when awarded or that scribing it should be a mandatory quest step at the end of Gifts from the Great Beyond Part III or at the start of Marketplace of Horrors Part I.

I also recommend that something be done for those of us that failed to scribe the skill book and are now 24 points behind everyone who did.
  19. Adept Active Member

Gwalchmai, I am in same situation as you. 1/600.

I petitioned and was told the skill would go up with use like any other skill (ie they would not recognize that there is a problem or fix it). I have not experienced any skill ups and from what I have read it seems nobody else has either?
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It doesn't skill up, and as it's a design problem, that's probably why the GM didn't fix it.
    I scribed one of my books late but I wasn't done with the timeline and the skill did catch up. Problem seems to be only for people who scribed after the whole timeline was completed.