Shadow nodes and worthless common shadow stuff

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Whilhelmina, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

Something I want to note that I dont see anyone mentioning -- We're also currently getting 10 times the maximum duration of the shadow harvesting buff, as well. So even if it was perfect and we happened to be *standing on a shadowed node* when we cast the staff, we'd only get 1/10th the time we get now...

If they 'fix' the duration, I can't imagine *EVER* managing to actually harvest any shadowed rares.
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Garry827 New Member

completed the craft signature, I have the skill of shadows prospecting equal to 1. is this a bug? how much should be after the craft signature?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have the staff? You have to equip it and click it. Recipes are also dropping to allow you to craft tack that has additional Shadow Prospecting skill per piece.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

(adding)

The Tack takes salvaging 100 common rares per item just for the fuel, and that's before the impossibly difficult to get shadow rares so you'll have to make sure you use your staff every time it's up.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Making experts unreachable expecting people to spend money to upgrade their spells still doesn't explain why all crafted gear, is itemized to be of SUCH poor quality (no matter how rare or numerous the materials required to make them) that there is no point in wearing it.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, there are tack recipes (Breeching, Reins, Stirrups, and Shoes) at lower levels of wonderfulness that just need normal harvests and normal rares. All the books I've seen thus far (I only have Veilwalker and Voicepiercer) came as Overseer mission rewards):
    Breanna, Lateana and Arcos like this.
  7. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I was surprised Void stuff became 150 in life when it was 160 in beta - at 160 - that seemed right to me for Crafters.

The rarity of Shadow recipes (I brought my alchemist 111 and 112 level experts) needs to be lessened.

For the record, I am not a crafter (Den Mother is my hero in the that dept) - but I think crafters got the short end of the stick this expac.
    Alenna, Rhodris, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  8. Garry827 New Member

not working:
    equip, before click:
    [IMG]

equip, after click:

[IMG]

Shadow prospecting = 1 (+3 on mount gear)
  9. Tabri Well-Known Member

Im confused why is this capping at 25/600?
  10. Tabri Well-Known Member

If you zone with the shadow buff on because the zone your in doesnt have anything you lose the buff, nice design there
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hopefully because it's broken due to no testing on beta. But there has been zero dev information about how the whole shadow prospecting thing is 'supposed' to work. Until they get back from holiday and Caith shares what he intended, we don't know how much is bug and how much is feature.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

???
    [IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

People still aren't skill-up, though. That's a problem.
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

New round of stats!
    Today:
    • unbuffed (25 skill): 210 common vs 4 rare (22 algae, 8 pelts, 40 gems, 40 ore, 19 mushrooms, 16 meat, 38 roots, 27 wood + 1 Shadowed Humming Sapphire Gem, 2 Shadowed Jumping Creeper, 1 Shadowed Wracked Wood Wedge)
    • buffed (39 skill): 62 common vs 1 rare (5 algae, 6 pelts, 8 gems, 6 ore, 6 mushrooms, 4 meat, 20 roots, 7 wood + 1 Shadowed Shrieker Mushroom - as far as I know it doesn't have a use - )
    Total:
    • unbuffed: 501 common vs 6 rare
    • buffed: 106 common vs 1 rare
    I really don't see a benefit from having those 2 mount pieces (sambata breeching/reins of prospecting) which give me +14 in shadow prospecting.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Mermut like this.
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

So its only raised with barding? thats lame
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I used the +7 barding (using "common" shadow pelts) and it didn't change a thing (needless to say I didn't invest in the two other mount pieces.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Tkia Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting a sense of deja-vu? Back in the beginning we used to harvest for hours (days, weeks...) to get enough resources to process into X. Then we processed items X into Y. Then we combined various Ys to get our desired item Z. This system was abolished in LU13 because very few people appreciated the level of complexity even though it made perfect logical sense.

Now we've implemented a system that's even more complex, contains an additional step with a through the roof frustration level that looks like it will take months or years to complete and ultimately produces items that nobody wants anyway? I'd dearly love to know who was delusional enough to think players would like this - or even hang around long enough to put up with it. :(
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My only wish for Frostfell is to have Domino back as the Tradeskill dev.
  19. Adept Active Member

I have finished the TS line, got the staff but even though I had received messages with increases until I got up to 25 the shadow prospecting skill only shows as 1/600. I missed clicking Shadow Prospecting book (did not even realize I had it until end, I assume was received earlier. Not sure what this means - was the message I had increased skill to 25 bogus and not actually applied because the book had not been clicked? This does not fill me with joyl

I noticed someone earlier in this thread said could not see the skill and could not scribe the book with gear ... sounds like you did the same thing as me and missed clicking the shadow prospecting skill book because its the exact same issue I experienced.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

The worst part is that crafted gear is worse, compared to every other kind of gear available, than it's been since before Shadow Oddessy came out.
    Breanna likes this.