Tanks dps/threat output and stats

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Arclite, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

So I am kind of curious to know that if tanks of all classes are experiencing a mix bag of dps/threat output at the moment or not. I am not really seeing any discernible difference in dps with increasing pot/fervor/cb etc at the moment. At first i thought it was the resolve or potency but now going above the t1 heroic/raid requirements, I am not seeing much of a difference. I suppose most CAs at apprentice level and their resistability could be an issue but using the last tier celestial CAs do not show much difference. Of course fighter rune made a substantial difference but something feels a bit off. Keeping accuracy and strikethrough at 100% does not make much difference. Trouble finding the cause at the moment.

Thoughts?:)
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some of the mobs cannot be taunted at all. A lot of encounters detarget you. There are also tons of DOTs that stifle/stun.

I haven't run my tank through yet, so I don't know about specific effects on particular taunts yet, but maybe some Freedom of mind potions might help, or perhaps some of the Signets from the City Merchants? Other tanks, have you tried these and do they help?
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Right...so the tanks who actually play as main tanks..over to you :).
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

Holding agro has been trivialized because most dps classes aren't doing very much damage. Unless there is a mem wipe the hate meter stays at 95% the whole time. Last expack it was a real struggle to hold agro. In BoL it is easy mode. Even with 151k potency my damage is pretty low but threat is no issue at all.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

That is also what im seeing with threat. I am not sure whether it will stay like this but even with low dps, threat output is high enough to not cause problems. I am assuming people start to gear up and dps disparity will increase but still trying to figure out why the dps is low across the board. Also, i am seeing my class abilities to be in top 3 ability damage wise which never to date (iirc from 15 years of experience) were ever big damage dealing abilities.
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

So far at this point - holding aggro is not an issues (Stuns/Stifles/Bounce Up/Mezzes and a half dozen other things) make it "interesting" to tank.

I have noticed dps is ok but less than I was expecting (didn't matter if I was using my ancients from CD or Adepts/Experts/Ancient/Celestial from BOL). I determined that one of my Dragon AAs (Ancient Advance - which adds Additional Damage to my primary taunts) is not working. Provoke XI and Shout X do not have additional line of damage that should be there from that AA.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

the orange fighter rune added another line, but that rune no more worky.
    does the line come back if you zone away from the moon with the fighter rune off?
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I stand corrected - thank you for that info.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

For guardians -- noticing that bash and assault are doing a lot more than they ever did before?
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Not seeing that, sorry.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

But any dps I was able to do in CD is lot less now due to the loss of the Class Rune.
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes. Ascensions are still the dominant dps doing abilties. Strangely though the threat seems ok. Not sure if this will remain like this but tbh as a tank I will be fine with the way it is provided no other stealth changes are made which creates chaos again.