BoL Tradeskill Timeline - HELP!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Argosunited, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Please, anyone that has done this timeline on a low level toon, please give me some clues on how to get through Aurelian Coast without feeling like sticking pins in my eyes.
    There is aggro EVERYWHERE. How are you doing it?

So far I'm not finding it fun AT ALL.

And SO MUCH WATER! NO FISH! .....
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

You can't. They totally ignored crafters in this xpac until the last minute is how I feel about it. Those mobs saw through the toons invis and the Totem of the Mythic Chameleon. It was discussed a little in beta but seems nobody took it serious enough to find a write around so we could at least level them up from 110 to 120.

Since they decided to come up with a sig line we CANNOT DO, would they please put writs in the game so we can do those? This is very disappointing and frustrating.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

By the time they put in the TS line on beta, they were auto-boosting any character that logged into beta to 120. This made it hard to test the line on low-level adventurers that stick to crafting. I have yet to attempt the timeline with one of my own simply for this reason.

To add to woes, I sat for 1 hour and 5 minutes at the ceremony and it never happened, from 03:27 to 04:32 and camped out in exhausted frustration.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

That doesn't make it 'hard', it makes it physically impossible since you cannot reproduce the scenario you need to test! No wonder nothing short of max level works - it was never tested :( They seriously need to lose this max level fixation.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  5. Herne Active Member

I totally agree, this is the worst tradeskill line so far, I am sure Domino is sitting with her head in her hands in utter disbelief on the way tradeskills have gone.
    And whats the point in the Shadow rares to make crafted items that are worse than solo quest rewards?
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of players that have crafters that all they created them for was to craft. I have 5 toons 110/110 and 9 crafters that are all master crafters and they have done every sig line since this game started and they dreamed up the signature trade skill quest. Not now.

Then lets discuss the new advanced sage recipe books. It list Adept spells in there? So is this the new(original called Adept III) name for experts? What is up with that? Are we not getting advanced books as rewards for doing quest or mob drops that have expert spell recipes in them? Roots will be making mage spells now?

I am so confused over this whole BoL mess and it is a mess.
    Argosunited likes this.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Its as if they picked up some random person off the internet to write the quests and manage the resources. There is no continuity at all, no information about the stupid and unannounced block on finishing the signature questline, and no hope for anything being corrected.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I've got every TS class at 110. I have one Adventure class, Monk, at 110, well 120 now. That character is the workhorse, does all the harvesting etc, but now I have all of these other crafters who can not advance. Once TS was put in on Beta I specifically transferred a few of my lower level toons over to test this, and like was said above, they were auto dinged to 120.

That's not testing.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We did test it with chars below 120 before it was opened to the public and voiced our concerns and begged for the ability to fly. This couldn't happen and it's not Gninja's fault.
    You can make it to the bog by sticking to the water and going back often to the shore to shake the fish. Mysterious objects are fine without aggroing (just look at the skellies to avoid them).
    Unless you're extremely lucky with the tracker, you're going to need a high level char to clear a path for you for the seeping shadows part.
    Argosunited and Quillyne like this.
  10. Moss Well-Known Member

As many I got all TS class multiples times on multiple accounts, that's make a lot of crafter and not many will be adventure lvl 120, as many are still level 10 to 100.

The Aurelian Coast part is really a nightmare as all mobs are aggro with a large aggro/break range for some. Added to that they have very annoying abilities : knockback, roots, stuns (in combinations)/

And they interupt you when you try to harvest anything. So most of the time you could not harvest at all if you have more than one or two aggro on you.

Also trying to reach some high up space in Aurelian Coast is already difficult due to the groung geography but many time you end up get KB and will have to start from the bottom again when you try to harvest anything.

I believe if you could get level lvl 120 before reaching Aurelian Coast if you use xp/vitality potions, but most crafters usally wants to complete all TS timeline on all their alts, and it is really a mess at the moment.

I have also started to learn tradeskill recipes on some of my alts and as many have mentionned most of the recipes are so low that they are not worth crafting (stats below any solo content). Even the one that need those new rares may not be worth crafting in the end.
    Argosunited and Zynt like this.
  11. EmJay Well-Known Member

Just like so many others, I have nine crafters. Two of my crafters are adventurers. I have played this game for many years like this and have been happy. I am not happy now. :( Just put in level 111 to 120 writs so us low adventure level, high level crafter characters can go on our merry way and enjoy the rest of the expansion in the ways that we like to play. Thank you.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My understanding was that the ceremony was supposed to occur at the top of the Earth hour, but last night I got it on the Earth half hour, so I dunno if its changed and is doing it every 30 mins or what.

The Seeping Shadows I think will be more difficult than navigating The Grey for low adventure level crafters. In the Gray, you can wait for mobs to path then cut in by the temple foundation and avoid most aggro. The Seeping Shadows were in difficult spots that I could not circumnavigate on my high level adventurer without drawing aggro, and since I was in my harvesting clothes, I was really trying to not get aggro.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Honestly the only word I have for it is appalling. I was honestly hoping I'd missed something.

Please put writs in DB. I'd rather mindlessly do rush writs than stick pins in my eyes with this putrid mess.

And 'The Gray' we have the necklace for that. There is no aggro there. Maybe they could use their brains and do something like that for horribad aggro packed Aurelian Coast.

Out of my 9 crafters I'm guessing 2 will make it through this crap.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

The itemization issues (mastercrafted gear being worse than solo quested gear and mastercrafted fabled being barely better than solo quested gear) was brought up, repeatedly, in beta. The dev in charge of itemization (who is not the dev in charge of the TS sig line) never replied to the concerns and has not made any changes to the quality of the crafted gear.
    As it stands, there is no reason, ever, to make any wearable gear this expac of any quality, except to crush. :(
    Quillyne likes this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Also, when do we start getting books? I can't understand why we're getting such odd quest rewards during the Sig line, but not a recipe book in sight. I'm pretty sure I'm good with appearance gear, but thanks I guess.

Do we not have access to our recipes until we've finished this line? I'd love to see them show that approach in the Adventure Sig line, NO NEW SPELLS TILL YOU DO THE SIG LINE!

@Kuulei I sat waiting for the ceremony with two other people last night. It started! I cheered! It finished ... the other two got their updates, I did not.
    So for another hour I sat waiting for the next one. Riveting content for sure.

Please if it annoys you as much as me go vote to have it looked at in the Bug forum because I highly doubt anyone will see this here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tradeskill-sig-line-low-lvl-adventure.592177/
  16. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Writs need to be in regardless. They are one of the most efficient ways for gaining guild and personal status and now my main character can't use them.
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

How do you get the new recipe books? (NOT ADVANCED)
    I'm pretty sure I'd have no trouble getting most of my low level toons to 120 craft by doing old craft quests lines with xp pots. (I still have 13 years of xp pots unused)
    Can you get the new recipe books without the sig line? I'd be more than good with that.
    I can't find any information on that other than what I read on Beta Forums, and I have no confirmation on it.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've gotten two via Overseer missions.
  19. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at those yet. I'll have to have a look. I'm talking about the regular recipe books not advanced.
    Are they trade related or for adventure toons?
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well, as the maintainer of the Regional Armor & Weapon museum, and one who knows that Fyuri(Suka) may yet be maintaining the connected Crafted Armor museum, the Mastercrafted gear might at least, have an interesting and unique appearance suitable for Wardrobe ;)