Celebrate with Tempting Treasures!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 13, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Frostfell is in full swing and it's getting colder in Norrath, it's time to celebrate with some tempting treasures, a selection of sales and bonuses to celebrate the launch of Blood of Luclin and the new year!

First off is a Krono sale! Starting this Monday, December 16, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through December 23, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) you'll get 20% off all Krono packs! Want to gift a few to the friend or family member you just gave Blood of Luclin to? Now is the perfect time. (Membership discount does not stack with Krono sale discount)

Then starting December 16 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through January 3, 2020 at 12 PM PST (Noon), double Blood of Luclin currency, double personal status (members only), and double guild status (members only) for all live servers.
    for players on Kaladim during the same time you'll be receiving double XP, double status, and double guild status!

Finally from December 28, 2019 at 12 PM PST (Noon) through January 3, 2020 at 12 PM PST (Noon)

Store: 20% off All Mercenary Seasons and Bundles
    Store: 20% All Familiar Seasons
    Store: 20% All Legends of Norrath Loot Packs

Members get an additional 10% off at checkout.

We hope you are excited to continue your adventures in the world of EverQuest 2 and that your holidays are amazing and filled with joy!
    Saw-Lau, jeremiya-AB, Rynnn and 14 others like this.
  2. Peredhel Active Member

Looks yummy!

I do wish that we had bonus exp on live servers, though; I have several characters trying really hard to get to 110 (or even 100! They are mid 90s), but they'll get there.

Looking forward to everything, especially Blood of Luclin expac launch!
    Juraiya, Siren, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Ellah Active Member

I would also appreciate double exp on live servers, maybe just for a few days until launch. Some of us on Rivervale are still levelling up chararacters for BoL.
    Siren, Cyrrena, SynergyBlaize and 3 others like this.
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the wonderful sales and bonus days! I know there are hundreds of players besides me who are truly grateful but never say a word. I have been playing my own game (solo/molo) for the past 15 years and have NEVER cared about end game. Clearly, this is not going to change. :D I have a lifetime membership and always preorder the Premium Edition of all expansions (I love all the extra fun stuff). ;) However, I was not able to Beta test BoL due to RL stuff . This may be a dumb question to some, but not to me. What is BoL currency and why would it replace double exp when there are so many like Peredhel, Ellah and myself who would prefer double exp over BoL currency?
    Juraiya, Siren, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  5. Victisa Active Member

thank you muchly. I was wondering will there be double status / guild xp before the release of the new xpack?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Cassta like this.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

PLEASE IGNORE MY ABOVE POST, I COULD NOT DELETE IT. It should read:
    Thank you for all the wonderful sales and bonus days! I know there are hundreds of players besides me who are truly grateful but never say a word. I did not get to Beta test due to RL, so I have to assume BoL currency can only be used in the new expansion areas and can only be earned in the current higher level playing areas, Why are you replacing double exp with double currency? Can we please have both or a different time frame for each? I agree with the above comments by Peredhel and Ellah 110%, many players need exp vs currency. I've been playing my own game (solo/molo) for the past 15 years and have never cared about end game. Clearly, this is not going to change. :D I have a lifetime membership and always preorder the Premium Edition of all expansions (I love all the extra fun stuff). ;) However, not everyone is as lucky as I am. There are many players who have to wait to get BoL until after the holidays. Excluding double exp seems like a punishment instead of the gift you meant to give us.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

The Krono sale, and the double status, are very nice gifts for the holiday. Thank you.

But seriously? Yet another coin we have to deal with? I am so sick of coins clogging up my bank.

I have to bank them to get enough coins to buy items a particular character might need, like the pack Pegasus or some holiday item that would work well in a particular home. How in the world do you think new coins enhance the game for players?

Exchanging coins is a laugh. I tried to do that and realize we got pennies on the dollar, so to speak. Apparently the value of existing coins tanks when new coins come into being.

We would have riots if such coins were needed in real life to buy the things we need. Imagine getting paid in A dollars but the things you need require B dollars. And when new types of dollars are release, you older dollars decrease in value. It would be a social and financial nightmare.

And your coin fetish is a nightmare for me and others. Like your chronic reliance on RNG, you need to seriously rethink this aspect of the game.
    Vexil, Naramsin, daicia and 3 others like this.
  8. Tangris Well-Known Member

How about a 110/110 plus gear bundle for around 6000 dbc and a 110/110 plus gear, merc, familiar, mount for around 9000 dbc?
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.
    Cyrrena, Cassta, parissa and 2 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

is this an extra 10 % of , or are you just stating the obvious that all members get 10 % of all they buy all the time
    dreamweaver ?
    I am so far away from this new expansion you won't belief it .
    But I am speaking for those who are still struggling to get to level 110 so they can enter this new expansion ,
    Why not boost their efforts, so they too can go on to explore the brave new world.
    Please give live double xp too.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL
    Cyrrena, Cassta, parissa and 2 others like this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

First and foremost... Thank you for the sale and the status events.... 2 questions... Is the sale about the mercs and familiars going to include the ones with the chocolate coins? and the BoL currency is that the coins we get for the prelude event or after BoL launches and there is another type of currency? And THANK YOU so much for all the things you all do for us that you really don't have to but still do anyways :D ... okay oops that might of been 3 questions...
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe he was stating that in addition to the 20% off, that members will still receive the 10% members discount as well.
  14. Jeslan New Member

I would really love the snow globe prestige home, but there is nothing in the holiday bundles that I want or need to get 10 chocolate coins. Please consider selling the deed or another way to get the chocolate coins. Maybe it could be included on this sale or something?
    Cassta, Cyrrena, Cheralynn and 3 others like this.
  15. Nella Member

I would like to be able to get more Marzipan mercs, but just like Jeslan, I don't need any of the bundles that include chocolate coins. Please give us another way to get these items.

-Nella
  16. Chronia Member

AMEN!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SICK of the hundreds of different currency tokens for EVERY live event, expansion, major GU's etc. It's a HUGE PITA. I have so many currency's in my tab that it makes it hard to find the CURRENT currency to see how much I have. And I understand the bank clogging thing too, so you can move currency or items bought with said currency from one character to another. I also agree on the point of currency exchange at a loss. I should have to use 5 A tokens that were only used for a past live event, to get ONE of the current Token B currency tokens, especially when I worked so hard to GET those A tokens!!! I mean serious, I'm Canadian but live in Florida so whenever I go back and forth and I want to change my CAD to USD, I end up with less USD than I had CAD because of the exchange rate. Don't pull that crap in game. There's no wall street in the game, and no stock market. At least make it 1:1. Come up with a better system PLEASE!!!! It's getting OLD and VERY irritating to those of us who have been around and playing almost as long as EQ2 has been around.

I really liked the faction system that was used for the recent Dragon Attack live event. Instead of ANOTHER currency token, it was set up so that we had to reach a certain amount of faction to be able to buy what we wanted/needed. PLEASE consider this method as an alternative to currency tokens. You can very easily change how much faction is earned via various quests/kills etc. using tiers of faction. Just like the prayer shawl. We didn't have a choice but to do the dailies until we had enough to progress in the quest line. So it keeps us from speeding through the content. Even burning/spending faction as though it were a currency, but it's an invisible flag instead of a token. Then going forward, no new tokens, no unequal currency conversion, just one, simple thing, faction to be spent. Granted this would also mean we can't move it around like currency tokens (unless you made only event factions account wide), but it would work to slow down the burning through content as each character would have to have their own.

And while I am told by hubby that this might cause an outcry, status is also a good option instead of currency, like how we had to spend x amount of faction to get items such as (prior to guild halls) crafting stations for your home. via the City Merchants.
    Vexil, Cassta, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  17. Daryx Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused about that double Blood of Luclin currency beginning on Monday Dec. 16. If the expansion isn't going live until Tuesday Dec 17 and we are probably going to be down a good part of the day (based on past expansion releases), then we are effectively losing up to TWO days. The currency won't even be available on Monday before the release of the expansion, and I'm not counting on being able to get a whole lot of BOL quests done on Tuesday when the servers finally come up.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Ziabis Member

I have asked before if they could allow a COIN exchange merchant for all these different types of coins we have. I know some have quadrillions of coins and for the others like me have a few of each of the very large numbers of different types. But having a coin exchange could at least help people like me that need that little bit of help to get those extra needed coins for certain purchases.
    Bobthebuilder89, Cassta, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

There is one in Butcherblock for really old coins. Some coins from ToT could be exchanged for KA coins in the elf city.

It doesn't make sense for there to be an exchange system to upgrade all previous coins to the current expansion coins. It would make it too easy to grind easy content for current level rewards. If the coins are taking up too much space, most of them can be sold for status or just deleted.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  20. daicia Well-Known Member

What if the OLD coins could be exchanged for fewer new ones? That would discourage anyone grinding old content if the amount was right. Maybe a 5:1 or 10:1 ratio with the rate for one being greater the older the coins or even the ability exchange them going back a limited time (e.g. two expansions)? I don't think they can ditch them completely, because I think it's there to dance around the general inflation in a game of its age. Maybe a coin exchange merchant could be available only in the week before a new launch too?
    Bobthebuilder89 and Cassta like this.