Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You mean, the Personae Reflection? That, I'm not sure about (since it mirrors your character exactly [except for any mounts once you dismount...sigh], maybe not; the graphics files may be taken up already), but apparently it just applies to Mystics'/Defilers'/Conjurers' critters, and Beastcrafters' wards? :-/

Has anyone tried it on Channelers' pets?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully, it's not. Just a text direction and map conflict (for those with maps that is.)

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Not this year, Tkia. Enjoy the festivities of the season!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! But, next year?

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Frostfell Tree is missing in western Freeport (along with the World Travel Bell, that all the other quadrants of Freeport has)? :-/

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And from Qeynos... :(

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

west Freeport has not had a world portal in years and the tree keeps on walking away .
    They must have hired a Treant to do the job , and he just does not want to stay put , probably went shopping in the Frostfell village . Those saplings just have no discipline

and about the tree toper , I am sure we get it next year on Kaladim , because I think we get the Frostfell village by than.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  8. daicia Well-Known Member

Hehe I figured someone with a working brain would tell me!

An aside for anyone else who pitches in on the wiki or who might give it a whirl as a one-off: I got the Frostfell basics up there including new quest info, added items that sell for (mostly) coin on the two vendors, but I suspect I've missed some things because I was up and down do many times.

It's been very slow going on the wiki for this event because it was smooshed together with so many other things and I had a falling injury nearly two years ago that ended with a long surgery and a rod in my arm (I broke one bone two ways, lucky me) and nothing about being at a sitting desk is ergonomic for me some days. I'll be taking a look at Gerbi and listing his items today if things go as planned.

I'm going to let the site's audit bots have a crack at generating the crafted item pages first; I usually swing back and images after they are generated, so holding off on those. If anyone else edits over there, can you take a peek at the main page for the event and make sure it makes sense/that I didn't leave anything out? I tried to go back to forum posts for the two years I missed ('17 and '18) to the quest sections organized by repeatability, but honestly, I was not clear-headed at all that day.

Edit to add: I did manually add the Cloudrat tree topper to the wiki, because I wanted that page to have a special note. Thank you for adding that. <3
    Cyrrena, Niami DenMother and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Quillyne Active Member

This may have already been reported elsewhere, but the giant Frostfell trees near the wardobes are missing from the cities on the HoF server. All we have a circles of prezzies around empty space.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok those trees must be of to a party or something , yes it has already been reported that trees went missing everywhere
    I think they went south for warmer weather , maybe we could get some cacti to take over to do the job , or maybe a mushroom from Maldura they look nice decorated.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, It is beyond tedious to have to do this every year for every character that wants to do almost any other quest. It's actually been keeping me from doing most Frostfell quests for some years now :( Could next year be the year that this changes to hand out a one time 'done' flag as you take each character through it, pretty please?
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Aw :( Oh well, I'll just have to buy lots of extras on my other servers to make up for it. Warn those Gigglegibbers to make sure they have plenty of stock available! :D
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ahh I was inside an instance and now my reflection was that ice fay dragon :D so I have to summon my reflection when I am of my mount .:cool:
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again ('cause I've been puzzled by it before): I really, really HATE that we have to be up to like level 92 in harvesting skill to be guaranteed a harvest off the Presents in the FF Village. Times were, not too long ago, where you only had to be like 32 to be able to harvest 100% reliably (at Trivial). Why did it change, and when can we get it changed back? :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, the last part of "A Deepice Mystery" on AB server was more than a little weird: the instant I defeated "an icetooth snarler," 5-6 copies (not sure; so, so many!) of both Jarok Frostpetal and his little dog, too -- er, irritating little dragon showed up. Once I figured out which were which, after wasting lots of arrows (Channelers...go fig'), I just let them attack me to settle the problem. Finally got those two, and the other half-dozen or so of each instantly went away.

Is this a bug or a feature? 'Cause if it's a new feature, that makes a merely annoying quest really, really beyond irritating. :mad:

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

It means someone ahead of you triggered them, tried to fight 'em, but either ran away or was defeated by them. Their despawn timer must not have run its course. Something I can... add... to my list... *sigh*

~ Kaitheel
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! :-/

I gotta tell ya, though, probably the best change in the Village has got to be the collectibles. Denmum was sooo right about those; the dark glowies with the still-bright ?s overhead are immensely visible, even the old ones on the ice, let alone the new ones on the snow. Thanks so much for doing that! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This may sound a bit odd, but you know where you go up to Santa Glug to get your gifties, and he just shakes his head, his hand, his whole stupid li'l skinny Goblin body (all that wriggling making it tough to aim the courser on him), and tells you, "Sorry, buddy-friend, but I don't have a new gifty for you yet. You come back one day from when you got last gifty. Then I give another! Happy Frostfell!" when you're off by like a millisecond? So, you click on him again, and he again gives you that "sorry" uber-loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg spiel that equates to a HUGE word balloon, that takes up all the available room to try to click on him again ('cause by that time, you can't really see him to aim well)? And it irritates everyone else in the area, waiting patiently to get their gifties? :-/

Well, this year, I noticed on Public Test that no matter how many times I'd click on him to get a favorable result, the uber-long word balloon wasn't an issue: the new ones would just overlay each previous one, making essentially ONE BALLOON 3-5 times instead of like 3-5 separate balloons in a descending Tower of Irritation. :-/

Is there any chance of that being fixed properly on the other servers? :)

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Obviously this won't be in effect for this year, but for all the next ones to come, can we please make things like the One Per Character Pet Scrolls and Combat Pet Only Petamorph Wands be the rares (and don't give me that "it's the will of RNGeezus" crud, I KNOW rares exist; tell that to my Thurgadin kids where, after getting two US servers worth of all the Tundra Snappers I needed, they hadn't gotten ONE there yet) and anything that's a house item, preferably in the new offerings (especially the Heirloom ones, and definitely the new offerings; no one needs 87 ducks...seriously), be the sort of things we get 80,000,000 of? Please? :-/

I know, I know, that might bring back DT flashbacks of the Great Urn Debacle, but at least we can use an overabundance of house items. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I rather have 500 ducks , than 500 headpieces I only got one head or 300 scarfs , I only got one neck.
    you can always have those ducks eat the gumdrop towers that people used to complain about.

oh yea and there are still up to 3 copies of the frost fay dragon and his master showing up , but only one pair
    attacks and as soon as you kill the aggressive pair they all disappear.