Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is asking for mobs in Eryslai. Is that correct? Or should it be something in the newest expansion?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Quick question: Do you ever sleep? Thank Bristlebane that we have people like you who help out, apparently, 24/7.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sleep? What is that? I got some last night. Less than usual because a story inspiration hit, but I got sleep!
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This may be useless feedback, if the target gets changed to level 115 mobs-ish out in Luclin, but 2 players ... one and a half-really, can utterly denude Eryslai of all Nilborien Windraker. Allowing the quest to update from Nilborien Skyhunters as well would be a "good thing" Obann went through right before me, and I'm struggling for several minutes to find enough for my 5 updates.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, art for the ice brick cutouts is NOT correct on the beta version (it is still using the glacier art instead of ice brick)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...today I went in early this morning (about 1.5 hours early) out of deep-seated paranoia of missing the minute/second I need to get all the Horde their Santa Glug gifties, even on Test, only to see that a good 699M was suddenly required as an installation download. Given AT&T's propensity for mucking about with their DSL users and cackling maniacally whilst they twirl their mustaches, it's been almost an hour now and I'm not even halfway through...but is this something coming in from the Beta testing? :)

Uwk
    who'd hate to think I'd messed up somewhere, somehow, and would have to delete all the cache files again... X-P
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My bad; it was only about an hour early, and roughly 95.3 minutes later, I rather missed my morning window. :(

Ah well, there's always tonight... ;->

Uwk
  8. Kaitheel Developer

For the Qeynos version of the quest, yes. The Freeport version sends you somewhere different, while the other 4 versions send you to The Blinding.

Unfortunately, we felt The blinding didn't have enough level 115 population to support all 6 quests.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

The new art was submitted, but I was holding back on hooking it up in fear that the art wouldn't be on the server in time, and would then result in broken items, but I just confirmed the updated art is on Test and should be on live servers with the next live update. This means that when Frostfell starts on 12/10 the correct blocks should be there!

You should see the new art hooked up to the items on Test with the next Test update, too.

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

They will be added. Good suggestion! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aha! I'll hit the other cities today. I didn't do all of them while I was waiting to hear if it was intended or if we were dealing with copy pasta. :D

As for the art, I'd figured that it was part of that big mysterious Test patch yesterday, but when the preview window hadn't changed, I'd wondered if I was wrong. I'll wait for the next Test patch to see it hooked in. Thanks!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, almost 700Mb of patch and it's still not there yet? :-/

Siiggghhhh...

Uwk
    eagerly anticipating when it will be :)
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Uwk - the art is there, it "just" needs to be tied to the item. The first step was to make sure the art got there properly. Now that he knows it made it, he can tie the art to the items and we're golden. We're getting there! :D
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A Gigglegibbers ... New Halas (level 115). Not all kills for the greater sandgrabbers or the toxic sunblooms were counting. (At first I thought it might have been the merc kill not counting, but it wasn't consistent.) If you're worrying about denuding the Blinding of mobs needed for other quests as well, is this need for extra killing intended?

Ditto for the Kelethin version and the meteoric golems and dread horrors. Those specific horrors are also not as plentiful, FYI ... or someone else beat me to them! :D (I already collided with Zamsari once, now we've split to do different cities to prevent that)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is an old bug or a feature now, but when doing the last of the Gigglegibber Grump timeline, as you talk to him and calm him down so he can talk with Lord Bowsprite, at one point your Frostfell hat that's preventing you from taking a lot of cold damage goes away and you start freezing again. Fortunately, he gives you, as a quest reward, the Frostfell Elf Cap of Superior Warmth (Lore, No-Trade) that you can keep. Unfortunately, putting it on does nothing to keep you from continuing to freeze, so you'd better make your choice of a further quest reward and destination for Lord Bowsprite to send you very quickly. :-/

Granted, the damage isn't lasting, but it'd be nice if the quest reward Cap would actually work in that zone, as implied by the name. ;->

Uwk
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I tested Qeynos, New Halas, Kelethin and Gorowyn. Zamsari was going to tackle Freeport and Neriak. The ones I tested all work :)
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Freeport sends you to Doomfire, the Burning Lands. Should it be Luclin? Otherwise it updated fine.

Neriak sends you to Luclin. I'm in the process of getting back to the Blinding to get the updates.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

He said Freeport and Qeynos were to older content ... there's only so many mobs in the Blinding and having all 6 quests go there was a bit rough on the population. :D
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I should have read that!
  20. Kaitheel Developer

When you say that not all of them update the quest, were you at least seeing a quest target icon and getting a "You did not find any quest items" screen message?

As for the dread horrors, there are more of them than sandgrabbers, but I did find that some of them spawned outside of the marked regions. I'll update the regions.

~ Kaitheel