Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

darn I am stuck in Germany and can't get on the test server I can't even use up the dragon parts I do have right now
    well at least it will get a lot more calm once the dragons are out of town ( kind of sad about that )( we should keep those at least to the end of the year )
    but once I am back in the land of landline Internet.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:( Aww! Sorry, Schmet!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They don't have the equivalent of DSL any more in Germany? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Argh. The Archivist's Cloak will be changed to something more fitting to that name. Thank you.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I wouldn't really call that stuck. Hope you're having a wonderful time!

~ Kaitheel
    Schmetterling, Momo, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

I've corrected the design files of the new "ice brick" building block set, but it is gonna be a pinch to get the art files on the servers in time for Frostfell (12/10). If we can make the switch without broken art, like a pink box or something, I'm gonna consider it a win!

Sorry for the mix up, folks. Thank you for finding it so quickly!

~ Kaitheel
    Momo, Hartay, Ocarinah and 5 others like this.
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I mentioned some options not working on the house pet in my preview video then forgot to post here. Not a big deal but the following options do not work for the "a tundra snapper":
    • Attack
    • Dance
    • Punish
    Sorry I forgot to post this earlier.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hate to do this to you now, Kaitheel, and it's probably either really petty or something that might get solved with the art change, but the descriptive blurb for the new Ice Brick building blocks (with the door and window cut-outs) is the same one for the Baked Gingerbread ones ("An oversized sweet temptation for your home."), and isn't there in the regular, older Ice Bricks ('cause it would make no sense, unless the "ice" was actually sugar cubes ;->).

So, while you're getting the art fixed... ;->

Uwk
    (/swiftly_ducking_the_rage_of_Kaitheel)
    Momo, Kaitheel, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure if it has to do with Frostfell or not, but for the last 3-4 times I've /camped to desktop from the Village, "Everquest 2 has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" or something to that usual effect. Since I was leaving anyway, it's not that big a deal, but it is annoying. :-/

Uwk
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you for the stealth change on these! <3 Much easier to see against all that snow!
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

He's done it? Huzzah! I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there! :D

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Please DO nudge me when this hits beta. I know Zamsari, Leucosia and I all have level 120s over there that can help test, and likely some of our other Test folks as well. (And I have both a good and an evil, for testing cites of both alignments)
  13. chattie Well-Known Member

I'm making Frostfell clothing and find that the pieces I have made thus far do not stack so they re eating up a lot of space on the broker and I so want to have a lot so folks can dress for Frostfell. Please fix them so they stack. I will be ever so grateful.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Oh, man, I am soooo there; I'd love for clothing/Appearance Only armor/etc. to be able to stack by piece, so much. If you've never done the Nights of the Dead Hedge Maze, where the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Armor pops up by the dozens of pieces, you haven't yet experienced the Clothes That Ate Sheboygan (or at least, inventory spaces), trust me. :)

But yeah, it'd be a very cool thing to have happen. Not sure why it can't, since they can't be customized... :-/

Uwk
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

While I understand your predicament, making clothing stack is very unlikely.

It would have to be a manual change to individual items which is a bad precedent to set. (Most crafted gear, for example, has adornment slots, and/or can be experimented on, use refined mats, be infused, be reforged, etc.) It is a very slippery slope that they haven't wanted to touch as it would end up taking up a LOT of dev time that just isn't there to spare as folks go "well, you did it for X appearance gear, why not these 50 other things that I want stacking?"

Furniture was a "logical" spot for stacking because of the lack of stats on furniture. Even then, they couldn't find it all in one fell swoop, and it took months of us making lists for them before they could find the majority of the stuff that "should" stack for furniture. Clothing is mixed in with alllll the stat gear, and it isn't an easy thing for them to pick and choose what to modify.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ach, so true...but what about just for Appearance-Only tagged stuff that doesn't have any (or at least, much in the way of) stats?

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  17. chattie Well-Known Member

oh well, it was worth a try i cant get much in there for sale, and I so love mass production, especially for furnture and appearance gear. i guess i will have to make frequently in small batches. Thanks for the response so I understand the whys and wherefores :D
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I find it helps to understand the "why", so it isn't just some arbitrary-seeming no.

Small batches are fine given the size of Test, and places like the Heroes of Test guildhall in Gorowyn have public-access crafting, should you get the urge to make more during the year, and not have access to the equipment. (A small cluster of equipment near our merry-go-round happens to be the Frostfell stations, just outside the room with the normal stations.)

~Mum
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is now active on Beta!

New level 115 versions of "A Gigglegibber's work is never done (by a Gigglegibber)" is available in each of the player cities, offered by Gh'lad Tydingz Gigglegibber.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir! Will poke shortly