Expansion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm level 42 with my warlock sooooo....should I order the new expansion now or wait until after Christmas to order it?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Depends on your money situation and whether you care about the pre-order buff.
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 2 others like this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure what the pre-order buff is. What do I get if I pre-order?
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

5. Leloes Well-Known Member

6. Zylara Well-Known Member

I look upon preorder as, okies maybe the bonus aint that great BUT would you rather miss out altogether!
    If you can afford it why bother even thinking about should I or shouldnt I, sadly my friend who couldnt afford the last expac whilst still in preorder stages in time missed out on her illusion altogether
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

True but I'm not sure I can afford to pre-order. That's why I need to think it over.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Tangris Well-Known Member

The pet does give 10% xp buff for all toons on adventuring, crafting and xp, so if it is a borderline decision and that puts you over the edge grab it, if it is no big deal than wait, that is the only item you are missing out on at level 42.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you can afford it comfortably and not put yourself in financial stress, than I would suggest pre-ordering. If money is tight and it will cause too much financial stress, I would wait until after Christmas.
    Soara2, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's the problem. I just ordered some shirts for my brother for Christmas...spent a bit more than I intended so I probably will wait until after the first of the year. I won't be able to get anything but the standard edition.....but I hate missing the pet that is being offered....
  11. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

They offer the expansion preorder buff every year. You won't miss out if you don't mind waiting for the next pre-order. The Zelniak pet just offers stat upgrades and no special ability. The Jann Magi from Chaos Descending pre-order, however, offered a special "float" buff. Unless you really like the Zelniak pet model, don't sweat it....
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

I appreciate the idea but I don't think using any type of credit card for this is a good one. I'm probably going to have to wait until after my SS comes in next month.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Yes, I edited my comment because it's a high interest rate and may cause issues down the road.

Yeah, you shouldn't sweat it. I'm not pre-ordering this year myself. I got the Jann Magi but they offer the buff every year.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

It really sucks living on SS....but that's life....
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I feel your pain Leloes.
    Soara2, Breanna, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone understands. There are those folks who think that when one draws SS it's thousands of dollars a month. I wish it was.....I don't even get $800 a month.....
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

No reason to buy the new expansion when you are at such a low level. The pre-order buff is designed to draw people in to buy it. The expansion is not live for a few more weeks.

If you are taking your time to go through the better content of the game (or atleast it was once) then it will be a while before you get to max level where the new expansion is relevant. Enjoy the ride because the fun dwindles fast as you get to the top level.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Leloes and 3 others like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

I agree with Arclite, if it will hurt you financially I would wait, at level 42 you have a long road ahead anyhow to get to max level. Unless of course you powerlevel your way through it. But if you are just enjoying the game and seeing the scenery. I wouldn't worry about it until next year some time.
    Siren, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's what I've decided to do. Right now I'm trying to get into Ro's temple on Lavastorm. I read the write up on it in the wiki and it said it was for a group. I'm going to give it a try anyways. I'm level 48 now so I think that if I can gain a few more levels I might be able to get to the guy I need to. I might be wrong but I'm going to give it a try.:D
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

But the puppy bird dragon thing!!! :D

I gave in and did a preorder just for it. It is insanely cute.