question about placeable buildings

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Momo, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Momo Well-Known Member

Hello all,

can someone please tell me, if those complete buildings you can buy from the Marketplace (player studio items like "Sylvan Forest Elders House" or "Winter Frontier House") are sizeable to something really big when placing? I have tried to find published homes that have them and everything I could find seemed very small inside. (Also, some stuff isnt resizeable ingame when placing, but with the Layout Editor it is - that would be alright as well ;))
    I am asking before trying myself because of "really expensive to try and be dissappointed", so please, if someone knows?

And also please excuse, I was extremely unsure if this belongs here or in Item section, please move if I did it wrong!
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

They are resizable to be larger or smaller using the in game editor.
  3. Momo Well-Known Member

Awesome, thank you!!

The Sylvan Forest one has got strange windows - they are working from the outside, you can look in, but from the inside they are white and blind except the one in the door, there you can look out. Is that bugged or working as intended? (I already tried playing around with my graphics settings, but either I am too stupid or it doesnt change anything about the windows)
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Im not sure, awhile back there was a change somewhere and all my mirrors in game are white when they used to reflect and gets weird with windows on some places as well.
  5. Momo Well-Known Member

Awww, dammit... this doesnt sound like something I can fix myself then
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; my mirrors are working okay, last I noticed...but then I don't think I could help ya with the building windows, since I haven't bought any but the Conservatory stuff, which is supposed to essentially be a greenhouse, and has to be transparent (can't recall if the "windows" there are even solid [with collision detection] or not). :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Momo, another thing you might do is talk with Ocarinah and visit her Marketplace item display prestige places (you can find references to them here in these forums); if anyone would know for certain how the windows of places like that worked (or didn't), it'd be her. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Ocarinah, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's gonna depend on your personal display selections. Make sure you have Options set to show Advanced settings.
    Cyrrena, Momo, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I have a display house on AB of Player-Studio items with a few DBG Marketplace items (windows/doors/paintings) mixed in here and there. I think I have ALL the player-studio items but if I am missing any, please let me know. Most items are at maximum size but if there are 2 of something in a bundle 1 is at minimum, more than 2 of item and rest of items are default size. I had to add an item I missed and it messed up all the teleporters so not in Alpha order right now. Still haven't gotten around to fixing that yet. Here are the details:

Server: Antonia Bayle
    Title: ~Marketplace Player-Studio Display~
    Owner: Ocarinah
    Address: City of Mist Estate, Freeport
    Category: Massive Homes/Hall of Fame
  10. Momo Well-Known Member

Awesome, thank you so very much! And thank you too Uwkete fo the suggestion - great idea. I will be visiting ASAP! And I am also still trying to figure, wich setting is messing up my windows. Now on my way to AB :D

Edit: Ermagahwd. How incredibly awesome is this! Im totally flummoxed, running here and there, trying to take it all in - barely VISTING this place will take ages! Just wow.
    And this has been absolutely greately helpful! Those places can definitely be made big enough to live in, how wonderful!!

Thank you all sooo much!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :) Cool, isn't it? :D

Good luck with your project; happy shopping! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.