Steppes Wolf Theater (a rather mysterious place + mini game)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by daicia, Dec 2, 2019.

1. daicia Well-Known Member

This is on Maj'Dul under Large homes, newly published as 12/1/2019.

PREFACE: this post may contain spoilers! I set this up so it can be like an object hunt game to play alone or with guildies. There's a book at the front with a list of things/people to find and to guess what play they are putting on. If you mail me your answers I will send you a prize--keep in mind, it will probably be a totally silly prize, but something fun in any case. :D

This project was completely spontaneous. I built the initial structure first, then couldn't decide if it was a house or what for at least a week. Finally, I decided it felt like a theater and took the name inspiration from a famous Chicago location. Story-wise, I think it might be my most detailed project ever, which is saying a lot, since I tend to max out everything on all projects and have little stories in there if you look closely. The plethora of house actors (for one of my places anyway) is meant to give hints to some of the questions and/or help people locate some of the objects. It's also so detailed, there's no way I can show the whole thing here. If even one person wants to do the object hunt, I don't want to make it too easy to cheat, so here are some highlights with some things/info left out.

The after passing through the tiny garden walkway at the front of the building, you walk into a gift shop and waiting area. (Ratonga not included--my husb came by to help me set off the actors lol). From the Euridte selling tickets, you find out it's (perpetually) about two hours to the show, that the cafe' is only open for employees, and that the bar is unofficially open.
    [IMG]
    At the top of the stairs, you stumble into the props room and wooo...what's happening here?
    [IMG] Just look at the stage and seating. Those front rows look mighty plush. I wonder how much the tickets for those are or if they sold out yet?
    [IMG]
    And the show is not on yet, but a few actors are rehearsing near the sides of the stage, plus getting ready in the nearby dressing room.
    [IMG]
    Back in the dressing room...
    [IMG]
    Not far from the main theater, is the cafe'.
    [IMG]
    And its kitchen, which has a door out to an enclosed garden in the corner (skipping this garden to avoid spoilers!)
    [IMG]
    At the far end of the cafe, you take the stairs down into the basement and come upon this curious group. It sure is foggy or smokey or...something down here.
    [IMG]
    Entering a hall you see something spooky in the distance.
    [IMG]
    You bravely barrel forward and find...oh, the bar!
    [IMG]
    You wander back out and after poking around in the fog, accidentally find a curious hidden door. What's inside is quite a shock. :O Do they know this is here!? There's a big hole in the back of the wall! (There are two hidden rooms in this place, but I'm showing only one!)
    [IMG]
    Thinking maybe you should tell a manager, so you push open what looks like an office door. Sheesh. For all the partying going on out there, it looks like the poor, overworked venue manager pretty much lives here (I've known a few in RL like this lol).
    [IMG]
    You slip back out and hit the restrooms before you leave. (I'm showing only the men's here because I was tickled to see this new item and knew I'd use it for a urinal the moment I got it--sorry artist who made it pretty lol)
    [IMG]

Come on by and have a look. If you hunt objects/characters, mail Datzwho your answers for a prize! Also, I know Maj'dul is not technically a RP server, but anyone who wants to use this for RP is welcome to do so. I intentionally left the stage free of house actors for that reason.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

That looks really awesome, I'm stopping by for sure :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, yeah! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks you two. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.