New possible playable races and rune priest class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Phantasmrhesus2, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Phantasmrhesus2 Member

I was think of the new races we could like Aviaks and Dracurians with the same mechanics as the Aerakin. I know that the Satyrs and Naiads are gender-locked but they still have potential of being playable.

I was also thinking of a Rune-Priest class. Found in the Fighter arch-type unless devs were to add this to pruest archtype. Think of crusader with conjurer kinda mixed in. But it's turrets instead of pets, which are summoned by hitting the ground, and their extend pass the 4 elements and to light and darkness.Would use blunt weapons and perhaps wands. Can heal and resurrect.

(I kinda made up an OC character of this. A female brown and white ratonga named Eikka Glypheye who stumbled up this rare power and wields a large rune-hammer.)
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Treiko Active Member

Since SoE did an extra Priest and Scout class, I have been wanting to see a new fighter and mage... but at the same time, I've seen what Daybreak has done to class balance... we thought it was bad with SoE but it's only gotten worse. As much as I would love a new class, I would not want to see it in the current game. They haven't addressed any of the issues with channelers, a class we had to buy like beastlords. I can only imagine what half-thought out mechanic they would introduce with a new class only for it to be completely ignored once they made their money off us buying it.

I like the creativity of your idea, it sounds like fun. Just not sure EQ can handle any more new classes (I'd love to see a real battle mage for example).
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Phantasmrhesus2 Member

Perhaps the Rune-Priest could be classified as a battle-mage.
    Soara2 and Treiko like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Naiads would prove to be too difficult to animate. They would need to find a way around kick animations. Monks and Bruisers in particular do a LOT of flying spinning kicks, and a snake race just wouldn't work for that. There's also a lot of emotes and stuff. There's also the issue of creating entirely new art for every item in the game. I can't imagine how a monk gi would work.

I think we're good on both races and classes for balance and artistic reasons.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Grimlings
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Phantasmrhesus2 Member

Ah, then maybe female satyrs.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Any new playable race would have to be based on one that is already playable. It already takes a lot of time to make each new set of armor fit all of the current skeletons, so I am pretty sure adding any new skeletons would be a definite hard NO from the devs.
    Soara2, ttobey and Rhodris like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Definitely a hard NO.
    Moonpanther, Svenone, Siren and 2 others like this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I wish we'd gotten droag instead of aerakyn, but alas, no.

Could you use the aerakyn skeleton for an aviak player character?

If anything, with Luclin, the Vah Shir would be a good option. You could use a basic human or barbarian skeleton for that maybe?

Just make some blue dwarves and sell em on the marketplace as Coldain. They start at level 75 in Thurgadin. $35 to unlock per account.
    Soara2, Phantasmrhesus2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Nicolos Active Member

I was super excited for vampires until they were released. I still hold onto the sliver of hope that one day they will put the soga model in for them. I realize the in game vampires are NPCs and those don’t equate to playable races but those vampires are pretty much exact copies of high elves with pale skin so it feels like it would have been not quite so painful to give that option.
    Siren and Soara2 like this.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

There is no SOGA model for the Freeblood or any other post-launch race.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Kerra *ARE* the Vah Shir. They actually explain in the lore that the Vah Shir who were trapped on Norrath when the Nexus portal was cut off interbred with the Kerrans, and the race physically evolved into what they are now. I know the Vah Shir have more pronounced feline faces and jawlines, so I would imagine it wouldn't take too much work for the art team to modify the Kerra skeletons to make them into NPCs, but a playable race would probably still not work... and be a little redundant.
    Pixistik, Dude and Breanna like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd forgotten that little tidbit. I just think kerrans are ugly, so here's an excuse to make some cat people that aren't squish-faced and gangly. The barbarian skeleton would be more approprate to rework for a Vah Shir I'd think. They were a thicc and burly cat people.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Barbarian models don't have a tail.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you. :rolleyes:
    Rhodris, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  16. Svenone Well-Known Member

Any "new" playable race would have to be based on a currently playable race. This means that every movement (walk, run, crouch, sit, fight, dance, etc.) and armor worn would have to be completely identical, and I think that would be disappointing to most players. I know that the Drakkin (dragonic-humanoids in EQ1) were a disappointment to me when the only visible difference I saw were some head nubs, not even big enough to be called horns. If there were to be any new playable races in EQ2, I would expect it would be the Drakkin since they lived on Luclin in EQ1, and head nubs would not require new skeletons.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There's not much difference between the actual skeletons in the kerrans and barbarians. Barbarian meshes are a little bulkier and they are scaled up a bit in the engine.
    Rhodris, Breanna and Dude like this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Well Ttobey, what I'm getting form this is that it's be easy to make a Vah Shir out of an existing kerran. Everyone, you're getting that too, right?
    Rhodris, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Lil paint here and there and we are good!
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a " Warrior Class". Medium DPS (less than scout but more than most tanks). Plate/chain mix, ranged without the taunts and agro generation. There is something like this archetype in almost every game. Except here.