Next mount.....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I was just wondering when is the next mount going to be available to me? I have two at this point. Both horses. Is the only way to get a different mount is through the market?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

3. Leloes Well-Known Member

4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I guess I should go to New Halas and see what I can do about getting that mount.:)
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

At 60 there is a glider I absolutely hate that you can get. The quest for that one is in tenebrous. It makes a cute house pet, a pita to use though, at least for me it was. I liked the leaper better and of course flying ones beat all. I had to switch to a leaper at times I needed safe fall though, recently. Lol
    You will most likely be jumping around on the leaper for a week just for fun. ROFL once you get it. I think it was definitely the funnest one
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

It does sound interesting. I'll be going to Butcherblock to get it tomorrow. Are the other mounts I see others running around on only available on the market?
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

A lot of them are, and a lot are from the expensive expansion upgrades, some from events, quests, public quests, some signature lines and other various sources. I used the carpet mount from quest lines in Sinking sands for my first character. You can get some mounts from frostfell.
    The one that looks kinda like the star ship enterprise, you get from the city fest races
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Expensive upgrades? Sounds like something I can't afford! LOL But I will be looking for mounts during Frostfell!
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, me either. I always get the basic one
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Can't afford much else! So I'll have to stick to basic....wish I could afford some of the ones I've seen others using but...well...when one gets as little money as I do on a monthly basis it just isn't in the picture....
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I don't buy mounts, I get the basic expansion. I quest for mounts or get event ones. K so the owl one you can get from scourge waste quests.
    The blue or red bird looking ones are KA signature and crafting signature lines. Blue for crafting and red for adventure
    There are some you can no longer get also, like the black and green Pegasus and the rainbow one. You can not get these anymore. The ones I was seeing a lot of lately were the expansion ones.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm only level 38 or 39 warlock....level 30 tradeskill....so I only have two horse mounts but I'm going to be trying to get as many as I possibly can. I'm going to start subbing next month and that should open more options to me. I know there are some mounts that aren't currently available for whatever reason. But that shouldn't really make that big a deal in the variety of mounts I am able to get.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Even at 30s, you have all the events open, as well as the leaper mounts, subscription doesn't really effect the mount options for the lower levels. You are correct that there are a ton of mounts that are available in game without money. With a Mercenary, you can possibly swing lavastorm, there is a lava cow there as well. Subscription doesn't really matter for any of these, but if you need it, then it's a good idea.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

By the way, if you do the dragon killing going on RIGHT NOW, you can get a flying mount that you can fly at 30. True, you have to take the ungainly form of a dragon to fly, but it IS flyable at 30.

Killing the dragons is a lot of fun, but if you're low level, your best bet is to stand at the farthest distance you can (where you can still see the timer numbers), and use ranged attacks. Spells if you're a spell caster; bows if you're melee. And if you're not a healer, either group with one, or have a healer merc up that is NOT on assist/defend/attack so he'll heal you.

It's worth it, though, even if you die a couple of times; the amount of exp you get for killing a single dragon may bump you up several levels at a time. And, you know, free flying mount at 30. Not a bad deal. :)
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

Well, the way I see it is that the very least I can do is sub. I like the game so that is the very least I can do to support it. With Frostfell just around the corner I should be able to swing getting an extra mount at that festival.

Been so busy with both questing and tradeskilling I haven't tried killing any dragons. Not so sure I want to turn into a dragon just so I can fly. LOL
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Got the saliraptor!
  18. EQ_Jack Active Member

Grats! that a really fun mount. and btw, that mount is WAY faster than regular flying mounts.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cool!:D
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

All you have to do is participate in killing the 4 dragons at the Spires in Nektulos Forest, Thundering Steppes, Everfrost, and Loping Plains. You just have to usually watch general chat if you are free to play to see if someone announces where a dragon is or where the next one is or go to a spire and teleport to one of those 4 and check each one of them. If you see a dragon corpse, harvest it, you get materials you can use to help with monument crafting in the Commonlands and Antonica. I have seen players as low as level 10 participating in killing the dragons and getting the mount illusion. If you see a lot of people standing about near one of those spires, you know that a dragon will be spawning there soon.
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.