Run Prelude Signature Quests now or wait?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerak, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

I am trying to decide if I should run the Prelude Signature quests on my 45 characters now or wait for release and get experience for them. The rewards are nice but they will be just as nice after release and the XP will be nicer.
    Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I think it really depends on if you care about the quests that will only be available during the prelude event. If you don't care about those, then no need to do them.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sometimes they leave the prelude events in after the expansion launch and sometimes the prelude events go away, we never know which will happen until it happens.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes and the last one was huge I mean those twisters where all over the maps , this is not as intrusive and disruptive to other players .
    I think not to many people had a problem with it staying up . some such events are still up now and became part of the game .
    If you want to get the collection and don't want to buy the pieces on the broker you will at least need to do the non permanent quests till you got 30 coins to buy the item to make the shinies visible .

45 toons :eek: and all max level ? I would think if you got the time spread it out , you know the signature quest can only be done by level 110 characters.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The signature quests are permanent, the repeatables will go away when the expac comes out.
    The TS quest is almost certainly worth doing before the next expac comes out as it gives a belt with 5% extra rare chance on it.
    If they continue the recent pattern of vastly increased xp needed for new levels, the adventure quest will not give a useful amount of xp towards the new levels, so you might as well do it now, when the reward might still be of some value to you.
    Soara2, Rosyposy, parissa and 4 others like this.
  8. Gerak Well-Known Member

Soara2, Cyrrena, Kaitheel and 3 others like this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'll definitely make sure to hit these up before the expansion launches. More quests to complete.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

If you have 45 toons that you actively play then you may want to do the prelude quests just so you can satisfy your OCD. It helped me :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Kuulei like this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

does this apply to alts too? if a character on an account has done the mythic passage ts and adventure lines, do the alts also have to do them?
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Zylara like this.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

Do you need to do the signature quests in order to do the repeatable quests?
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  13. Obano Well-Known Member

Do the quest but don't turn it in until the Dec 17th. This will give you a jump start on exp.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Win win
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Obano like this.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Will this prelude tradeskill quest still be active after the expansion is released? I want to do it, but am currently working on a very old laptop which I have to nurse along, and won't be able to get my gaming rig back from storage until after the expansion drops (moving into my own place on 21 December).
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  16. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

If i am a new player starting tradeskill after the prelude event finished I will never be able to access the Luclin expansion crafting line ??
    Rhodris and Soara2 like this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

The prelude quests are permanent - the adventure and tradeskill questline one. The little quests for coin are not.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They released 2 new level 110 Adventure Signature Questlines and 2 new level 110 Tradeskill Signature Questlines on 06 September 2019. These Tradeskill Signature Questlines are what Niami is referring to. They are permanent content so they will be around after Blood of Luclin launches on 17 December 2019.