If I Were To Buy A Research Reduction Thingy

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I decided to buy the spell research reduction thing. Would I want to buy it for regular spells or for ascension spells? I've heard some people say ascension spells are out and others say just the opposite.

I gave up on Beta so I don't have a clue what spells are required to play on Luclin. And while I don't intend to do anything more than a little harvesting, if possible, it would be nice if my harvesters had enough fire power to survive a chance encounter with a mob. So I would appreciate any useful information about what spells will be needed on Luclin.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the ascension cap is not changing with this expansion. This means that their relative power will decrease vs the new 111-120 class spells. However, just because the ascension cap isn't increasing, they could add more tiers beyond celestial, making them more powerful (this is just unfounded speculation).
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

The tier above Celestial is Autonomous Ultra Instinct..... :)
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Without any definitive testing and/or feedback regarding the relative strength of "class spells", I really can't see in the future any class spells (across all classes) out-performing any GM or Celestial direct damage ascension nuke. Who's to say that the spells that are "new" will be just Lightning Bolt XIII that is a meager 8 percent stronger than Lightning Bolt XII.

History repeats itself. I would certainly love to bring back class specific roles... where a Brig's dispatch would hit harder than Ethershadow Assassin.. or an SK's chaos cloud hitting harder than Etherflash or Implosion.. sure would be nice.

Here's to hoping this is the first round of "lets phase out ascension" and bring back class defining abilities that can do the same amount of damage. I for one, would love to see a Templars Unswerving Hammer do some massive DPS.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I'd be all for it straight up.

Also... if they happened to make it a quest to "strip" someones ascension out of their soul.. and gain a 10% bonus to base fervor.. for each ascension class given up.. I'd be all for that too..