2019 SSHHS Official SIGN UP THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone who wants to join in.
    If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So, stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

WHAT: Annual Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2019

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until 11/23/2019. (That’s 14 full days!)
    (DO NOT DELAY -- SHORTER SIGN UP TIME THIS YEAR)

• EMAIL: eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com
    • Character Info:
    • Server:
    • Theme of House:
    • Where the House is:
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 24th, 2019. Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 24th, 2019 to JANUARY 15th, 2020.

(Heed the new dates for this year!!)
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday with A Tree in Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!
    WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real-world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS: Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required.

Remember there are only 52 days to decorate!

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant ARCHERIA (ON ANTONIA BAYLE ONLY) & DEVILKISS (ON ALL SERVERS) trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2019 VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2019. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2019 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL:You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP:No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to eq2.secret.santug@gmail.com with list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.

CERTAINLY let us know if you sign up and a real-world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 24th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 15th 2020!

Thank you for helping spread some Norrathian good cheer!

Archeria and Devilkiss
  2. Cora Active Member

I'm definitely signing up. I just have to pick a house. And a toon. And a theme... :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeet! I just need to find a house!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But, but, but...I haven't even finished the NotD one yet... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Lol Uwk! You and me both on Thurgadin. But I have Q on Majdul already set up for SSHH2019 soooo . . that and will be helper on Sky and Thurg if anyone needs it. No multiple houses for me at this moment due to real life issues with my mom. So I will get that mail out ASAP!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Sent! However if I missed any info just email me back with questions
    I did this on my phone.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

Going to give this a try, too.
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

All signed up and sooo excited! I have missed the SSHHS so much!

:D
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

**punt to top**
  10. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Make sure to get your sign ups in, you have until midnight Saturday so get busy!

This event is my absolute favorite one and I hope that you all want to participate! I promise you will have so much fun :)

Want to make an Eggnog factory? Gingerbread house? Past, Present and Future theme? Toy Factory? The zone and your imagination is the limit! (And of course we have to read the book :p)

Not to mention, come January 16th you get to open another present as does the person you decorate for! How much more fun could that be?

Get your sign ups sent in!!!!
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

sent! can't wait! :D
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I may have been an idiot (since our Internet's going zonko again; up and down at best), but I signed up a 2-room house of mine. If anyone wants one decorated from me, might I respectfully request just a 2-room back (or just two rooms in a much larger place)? I should be able to do something up properly in a short period of time (or long stretches of chopped-up off and on time)... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Signed up!

and as always, if you need a place to craft items on Antonia Bayle, Homes and Tomes is open!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Only one page of sign-ups? :-/

Either folks may be getting burned out, or, hopefully, there's a lot more signing up going on in emails. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Have folks gotten their assignments yet? :)

Uwk
  16. Rushd Active Member

I'm so glad I decided to participate last minute. Got a feeling my Santee will be very happy... only a couple days in and I am pretty much 50% done with creative juices chomping at the bit to get back in game and finish the rest. Question... if the Santee used an in game 100 expander, can I still apply the marketplace one or will the 200 expander only give 100 extra items?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So the marketplace 100 expander doesn't not stack with the crafted 100 expander. So someone can use the crafted and the marketplace 200 expander together (doesn't matter the order which those two are used) for a total of 300 expanded items. Only the owner of the home can use the 200 expander on the home :( . It would be awesome if you only needed trustee access to use it though. I don't know if you can gift that item but house swap events usually want you to keep it a secret who is decorating what house. I can feedback it but I don't think it will happen just because real money is involved. That is one reason most people running deco events do not want to pressure home owners to buy the 200 expander.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You might be able to contact the leaders of the event to get in touch with the home owner to place it if you're really desperate for the item slots (Building Blocks are your friends!), but you'd have to, I dunno, put up divider barricades or something so the owner wouldn't see what you're up to so far.

Ocarinah has a point, though...someone would have to maybe gift it to the owner if they didn't want them to have to buy it themselves. :-/

Uwk
    who's been caught with da kitteh decorating pants down before, both as owner and decorator; these days I always try to provide both for my house decorators beforehand (and sometimes, the in-game one is harder to get...) X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Rushd Active Member

Well I'm not desperate yet, but in true fashion I always seem to max out. That's why I was asking to ascertain whether or not I should be doing more custom pieces with blocks to help on the item count. I guess I have my answer then :p . My Santee should be happy, I purchased a few marketplace items for them already, but I'm glad I didn't waste buying the expander to try. If I get desperate enough, I'll see about having an event organizer swap expander trades as to not reveal my identity. This is my first house swap, and now that I've made Dev pic... I guess I have a reputation to uphold... lol :p
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

And good luck; sometimes constraints can bring out the creativity, even more than we think. :)

Uwk
    who's been there, too... ;->
    Breanna likes this.