stuttering and hitching

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by select20, Nov 25, 2019.

1. select20 Member

Hey all, just came back to Eq2 and as always, having a blast. I had to stop last year because my internet was complete trash due to moving to a very rural area. I was getting a lot of lag and disconnects. Thanks to CS at Daybreak and my internet company, my IP admitted that it was on their end.

Anyways, now I'm back all is running well thankfully. One problem I have never had with this game is stuttering and hitching. I played with a 970GTX at 1080p and a 2070FE at 1440p (when they came out last year) and didn't have these problems. My CPU is a i7-6700 and 16gb of ram and eq2 is installed on an ssd. This time around its very noticeable and really only happens in combat. Putting the settings on lowest they can go or highest doesn't seem to affect it at all. The in-game fps counter doesn't register the stuttering either. I've tried turning sync refresh on and off also, that did nothing. I turned effects completely off and on during combat, nothing changed.

I'm really at a loss. This doesn't happen at all on my laptop which has a i5-7300hq, 1060 and 16gb of ram, everything runs off an ssd. Anyone else run into this?
  2. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Are you using a custom UI?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just recently, Windows Update installed an Xbox Game Bar app that egregiously slowed me down. I found this out because I hit some key combo that engaged the overlay, which I couldn't get to go away. That prompted me to Google to find out how to get rid of the [deleted][rude] thing. I followed the Powershell removal instructions at https://win10faq.com/how-to-remove-the-xbox-app-from-windows-10/
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. select20 Member

I have eq2 maps and just the regular ui.

I will have to look at that.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. select20 Member

Ok this completely solved it. Thanks so much. Man that was annoying.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Precisely why I did not install Win10 on my gaming rig.
    Breanna likes this.