Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Yikes! I did WHAT!?

Oh, no.... that may mean living with the wrong art until the expansion hits Test and live. I'll have to look into that!

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Cyrrena, Ocarinah, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{comfort} With how many balls you have in the air right now, it is unsurprising when one gets fumbled.
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

New Ice Brick? Thought that was one of the older recipes? :-/

EDIT: Okay, now I gotta know what these new ones are supposed to look like... :D

What was the original art supposed to be? :)

Uwk
    who really must get the new books tonight :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ice brick is:
    [IMG]

Glacier is that one and already has doors and windows:
    [IMG]
    Kaitheel, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right, that's the old ice brick from earlier years. Is there a new recipe called that, or did the art just get confused? ;->

Uwk
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The new recipes are for arched doors, windows and so on (the windows building blocks set) for the old ice brick style (which only has the regular tiles and columns).
    They made a mistake and attached the glacier appearance to those windows and doors (and we already have the glacier window set)
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Sweet dreams is the pillow version.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, it seems that my tired eyes aren't the only ones having issues with seeing the shinies in the Frostfell Wonderland Village against all that white glare. Folks hadn't made much of a fuss about it when it was just the old toes set coming back, but now I'm seeing more people that, like me, are having issues with them (and the waypoint wisp is almost useless, as it is next-to-impossible to see against all that whiteness). Would it be possible to use the dark blue(?) glowies instead of pale purple in there? (The ones used in Great Divide on the snow). It'd mean tweaking the 9 new shinies that spawn in there, and the frostbitten toes set in there to use that color, but it might be a worthwhile quality-of-life sort of things.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love them!!! I like the red blast of color on the staff.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He is a good juggler though!!!
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Or maybe the Dark Green used with Tserrina or the Dark Red of the other collectibles? Only thought of these 2 for the Holiday type colors....
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, makes sense now.

Darn; wish we were really getting a new set... ;->

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, yes. Absolutely. There is a thing as carrying "realism" too far...almost every other ice/snow area in Norrath has a varied landscape that helps make the literal snow glare easier on the eyes, but the Village has been way too bright for years now at high noon. Having the "glowies" be the dark (and with the accompanying bright ? for the light quality at other times) version rather than the usual light will help us focus on them a lot. :-/

Uwk
    who never does much beyond get a Santa Glug gifty in the Village unless it's NOT at high noon... X-P
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{sniffle} I am on my third delete and re-try of Merry Mischief right now, with weapons unequipped, trying to NOT kill the reindeer near the end before I can tame it as a warder. I never tried to do it at this high a level (100 heroic) and well, I guess I punch hard! (Since it is at-level, I have to bring it below 50%, and that's not working so well.) I guess I shimmy out of anything with a proc on it, too and hope for the best. (It is THE one place where there is a red-nosed reindeer that can be used as a beastlord warder, just like the Gifty Storehouse has a unique ice crab appearance warder.)

I can almost one-shot everything in here, since 100 is one of those odd levels that spans multiple expansions.
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Were you the one I saw on the Test channel earlier, where you'd taken off basically everything (weapons, armor, charms, etc.) and it finally worked? :)

Grats! :D

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I figure it's entirely too late for this year, but there's been precedence now for having two separate holiday merchants in the same location for the old and new stuff; might I suggest two quest giver/tree sellers in Gorowyn at the interior lake just off the docks? The one we have there now only offers the "good guy" trees, and I know of several of my goody-goody toons who'd love to also get the "dead tree". :)

So, could we have two of those "vendors"? There's more than enough room, imho, at that inner dock location where the current guy is. ;->

Uwk
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Deermouse ... an antlered ratonga beastlord with a Rudolph warder. She needs her reindeer mount (grinding tokens now) and some smaller antlers if I'm going to replace what the live server version of her has. Try 4 with half armor did the trick. I even turned my back on it to make sure I didn't riposte
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It has been pointed out to me that the level 110 "Archivist's Cloak" uses the same appearance as Bleachbone Faun Cloak
    Ocarinah, Kaitheel, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just passed the "vendor" in New Halas with an evil toon, and she could've gotten the quest for a good guy tree from this neutral "vendor." We definitely need a bad guy "neutral vendor" in Gorowyn. :)

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, when we have a holiday quest in a given area with mobs roaming about, we've been able to temporarily re-path them in order to get the holiday thing accomplished. I know it isn't all the time, but there are occasions when with Gallivanting Gifties, we're sent out to The Stonebrunt Highlands to try to scoop up the self-delivering gifts around the Druid Ring. It's extremely dangerous for anyone who isn't at least 80th+ level, and while it can be accomplished, it would be a lot less nerve-wracking if we didn't have to worry about getting eaten. :-/

At least temporarily... ;->

(low- to mid-levels wouldn't have much reason to ever be there again until high levels anyway, so it wouldn't be a hardship thing needed to be done all year 'round)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.