Can the monuments even be finished?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I had no intentions to wait till later before I craft I simply had something else to do and so all I ended up doing is harvest as soon as the dragon fell .
    On the public test server we had a 2 week head start for the dragon crafting event and Commonlands is at 11% of stage 1 , how many stages are there ?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm with Sig. I crafted and then found out the rewards were less than doing the dragon, and NO TRADE. I have no reason to do the crafting quests that don't even show I'm helping out, which would've kept me going despite the reward. I gave all my mats away to the person who was standing there, then went back to kill dragons for loot I could sell on the broker. Such a disappointment to people who enjoy tradeskills - again.
    Juraiya likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hopefully L2 is it as we will be lucky to hit level 2.
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  4. Herne Active Member

I totally agree, once was enough for my own own characters, also the rewards are terrible if you are not at maximum adventure level. If the monuments are completed or uncompleted will anyone really care?
    Juraiya, Schmetterling and Carynn like this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Its certainly is progressing today on antonica on AB , been doing some crafting and it sure is moving at 8.6% now it was 6% when i started earlier today
    however commonlands might be bugged and is not even at 1%
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

on Rivervale people seam to have given up on even killing the dragons , it just takes to much afford.
    lol you might want to expand the event till the end of the year . I have all but given up on the hero festival
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul, one week later: Antonica is at 1.2% completion.

You might wanna make sure that server starts showing us some progress on this.
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

If we don't end up completing the monuments, then when this ends we'll have a couple of really nice pedestals that we can stare at. :D
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

More like piles of gold with random junk and rats thrown into them.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I see what you mean, Cusahorn. I hadn't realized that was supposed to be the STATUE.

As of this moment, Maj'Dul - the highest population server - is 2.3% of the way towards stage 2. I have done some quests for it, but they don't seem to be nudging it at all.

I really do not think the devs want this to be completed; if they did, they would be looking at what's going on, and adjusting accordingly. If they're going to adjust this, then they need to do this soon. Otherwise, as Cusa says, we're going to end up with piles of garbage to look at in the end.

Edit: I was looking at the Commonlands statue progress, since that's the one I've been working on. I frankly think the Antonica one is too inconveniently located, if I want to do these during dragon cooldowns.

Edit 2: I just thought of something. The decorations around that area are Bristlebane banners. Could this whole thing be a huge prank from the developers on us? It sort of seems like this might be the case. I'm not sure WHY they would do it, but the Bristlebane decorations have me wondering....
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think you have to kill too many dragons too, just to get the mats you need, I didn't get alot of time to play this weekend but I killed 3 dragons and still didn't have enough mats to do even 1 recipe.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Once things get too laggy for me to enjoy dragon killing, I rotate all my alts through dragon corpse harvesting, then dump the mats in the bank. You don't have to participate in the kill to get the mats.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Chrissdae Active Member

14. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Thurgadin commonlands as of right of this post.

[IMG]

Its a lost cost.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Gninja Developer

Costs should be listed on the merchant... :p
    Breanna and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  16. Moss Well-Known Member

after today's patch we could now see that each craft increase the % by 0.001%, so it means that we need 100.000 craft to get to level 2, and 300.000 more to get to level 5 ?

also depending of harvest/double harvest skill of my toons, I need to harvest between 3 to 8 dragons to craft 1 items, that makes a lot of kills and harvest to do, knowing that many players does not even care any more to harvest

not sure that the current changes will encourage more people to participate to complete the event
  17. Moss Well-Known Member

let's make some math

currently between 50 to 100 players are killing dragons on a regular basis on thurgadin, let's say an average of 75
    let's assume they all kill 4 dragons per 30min (on average, which I believe is too high considering the nights)
    and that each player needs to harvest 4 dragon to craft one item

that means that each player could potentially craft 1 items every 30min, so they have a potential to craft 75 * 2 * 24 = 3600 items per day on a server ?

so if each play were to harvest and craft we would need approximatly +27 days to get to 100% (level 2?)
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

the flawless dragon scales is what is limiting my crafting, I get much more of the other mats
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I position all my alts at the first spire in the cycle. Then I go to my dragon killing alt, kill the dragons (and harvest each as I go). Then in the gap, I run my alts through harvesting the four dragons. All the alts dump the harvested materials in the shared bank, and whoever is currently crafting can go craft tons of things.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Gninja Developer

What server is giving .001% per turn in. I have not seen even one that gives that little.