Heroes' Festival 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

And of course I found out that I posted in the wrong thread. Don't post at 4 am folks!
  2. Yavie Active Member

Chrol, if I WAS doing damage, wouldn't that imply that I was locked to the encounter?? Because I didn't need to yell or anything to leave the area, just walked away. When I got a bit farther away, just to be safe, I /yelled, and was told I was not in an encounter. I've been playing for decades and this is kind of the first encounter I have ever not had to yell to have it drop. Unless my character has FD, which is something totally different.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on...you can make a foe leave you alone if you /yell? Never heard of that; good to know! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Yavie Active Member

If you /yell that will disengage the encounter, however, you also have to back off your merc and pets and run like heck the other way until you get a message telling you it's not longer following you or some such. FD also works, it works better actually and I'm pretty sure there's a tinkered FD item you can buy....but don't quote me on that.

5. Kaitheel Developer

Allow me to respond.

In most other fights, you'd be right, Yavie, but not these ones. These encounters are not locked. That's what makes them public, and what allows others to join in and help fight them with you.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, calling off my pet (I usually don't Merc, though I can't wait to get either Qho or his nearly as annoying BFF Raffik as hirees... ;->) and running away are the ways I usually break off encounters. :D

Uwk
    who's been ostensibly threatened before and didn't even know it until told "X has backed off and is no longer worth any XP" in the Chat Channel... ;->
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or does the "touch Thumore D'armer to try to wake him" bit only work from the waist down...? ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*gasps and blushes*

I am not going to do that!!!
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Serious! You can pat him down/nudge him/poke/etc. anywhere from his belt to his boots, but just try it from his belt to his gauntlets or head...doesn't work. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We found and confirmed the bug with detrimental counter not ticking:
    When an elementalist casts Glacial Freeze, the counter stops ticking. If no other elementalist cast it, counters get back on track. If another elementalist casts Glacial Freeze back to back with the first one, counter breaks and restart (before the end of the second freeze).
    It doesn't need the Glacial Freeze to surge to break the counter (I tried with and without casting septic strike to complete the combo)
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Now I know why my counter kept resetting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, please DO pass the word on live, since there's no way to fix this, really, before it ends tomorrow night, that folks should not use the Glacial Freeze ascension ability on the puppets.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You'll know that cancelling Glacial Freeze from Maintained Spells window works and restarts the timer!