Krono

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Beee, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beee Well-Known Member

Within the last weeks Kronos went up to 8.000.000 Platin and more (sometime bought from lv 1 toons)
    Hopefully Daybreak is tracking the source of the platin and find the (possible) exploid.

It just seems a little bit strange for me if hidden players or new lv1 toons spend so much platin
    Kheldar and Soara2 like this.
  2. Spartanec Member

Оn all servers the minimum cost of KRONO ~ 10kk platinum
    This is an unreal exploit or ...
    Kheldar and Soara2 like this.
  3. Harington Member

Kronos were/are selling for about 5,000,000 platinum right now on Maj'dul, The increase is likely a result of the surge of players returning for the new expansion pack.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It is something we are aware of, if you have specific information regarding an exploit or dupe please feel free to message me.
    Soara2, Breanna and Beee like this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Prices don't surge that much from people coming back. That's a plat exploit somewhere.
    Kheldar, Tekka, Rotchi and 4 others like this.
  6. Harington Member

What is the usual price?
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I always thought on that there was an influx in PP due to the mount items dropped by the dragons. Dragonsoul Bardings of the Potent and Dragonscale Bardings of the Potent sells for 6-7m and 1-2m, respectively, on Skyfire server. Krono low is 6.5m and the median at 8m. Perhaps, the influx of pp is also contributing on a "run on the Krono" where high-end players (raiders) fear they won't be able to sub at rising prices. (It's possible that returning players and EQ1 players are buying up the Krono after selling the mount items but I haven't seen a large supply).

What makes me question that the mount items are the root cause of the inflation, however, is that I saw 9 Krono listed at 6.5m disappear within an hour. I really wonder if there is an exploit.

The funny thing is, a few players on General chat shared a conspiracy theory that Daybreak is snatching up the Kronos. lol.

I just hope 6m+ pp Krono will not be the new norm....
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Harington like this.
  8. Harington Member

I don't mind if they prices stay high, at least for another day or so.. lol. I just sold two Krono and have two more to list.

But if their is an exploit, I would report it if I notice it happening. I hope this game stays viable and consistent for many years to come.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  9. Leed Active Member

For a long long time it's been hovering around 3m. Typically if you waited you could get one for 2.8m, sometimes 2.7m from somebody who wanted to sell fast. You'd have somebody come along and buy them all and end up at 3.1m-3.3m from time to time. I might have a unique perspective since I play both EQ1 and EQ2 - the whole 'people coming back for the expansion' isn't it. The expansion for EQ1 is coming out at about the same exact time, and yet over there Kronos have not spiked up in any similar way. (you can't sell Kronos in their version of the broker - you have to do it by talking to the other person and arranging a trade, and if anybody advertised in chat that they wanted 6m for a krono it would be looked at more as a joke than seriously trying to sell one)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Harington like this.
  10. Corran Member

You can tell rivervale is active .. spike in krono for that reason and new expac so returners
    Soara2 and Siren like this.
  11. Avithax Well-Known Member

I don't think they have ever completely recovered from the last dupe and there's probably a huge amount of wealth stuffed away on level 1 alts somewhere. I honestly believe the rise in Kronos price is caused by a combination of speculation, opportunism and panic.

Someone is stuffing away Kronos and driving up the price, causing more people to sell Krono they have had stashed for a rainy day while at the same time the people who pay their monthly sub with them are in a panic because they don't know how high they are going to rise.
    Soara2, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I agree. There is no way that all of that duped plat was taken out of the game. There are probably a ton of toss away accounts with a millions of plat on them just waiting to be thrown into the economy when the players holding the accounts feel its safe to do so, they log in one of the accounts on a computer in an internet café or something, buy up whatever Kronos they can with that duped plat, hand off those Kronos to their main account and log out the toss away account. Rinse and repeat. Things like that have been going on since cheaters learned to dupe things in MMOs back in the late 1990's.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

Best way to get around the spike is to sell your krono for less. Spikes like these are temporary at best while some idiot tries to corner an all but infinite market, lol.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Plat traded between players doesn't cause a spike like that, as it's not more plat in game.

It'll likely be an exploit thats allowing someone to generate 1pp for every 1cp spent or something. Doing it repeatedly over and over again to gain huge amounts of plat out of thin air.
    Kheldar, Tekka, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

lol ... yes ... sell your krono for a LOT less ... so that I ... uh ... er ... those dastardly speculators can sell them for more.
    Kheldar, Seefar, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I was thinking that too Dude, well somewhat. I was thinking someone would just buy out the cheap ones and then mark them up for the higher price so the price will never drop.
    Siren, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Cant fault someone for buying cheap selling high.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nope you sure can't:p
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Someone can hoard Krono at 6-8m per but they are gambling. In 2-4 weeks, that same person might be stuck with dozens of Krono when the market normalizes back at 3m per.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Well, players can hold onto plat and dump it when they see something they like (best-in-slot item for raiders: i.e. Dragonsoul Barding of the Potent). What I've noticed on EQ2 that is analogous to the dragon event is, especially when a new expansion comes out, players are willing to drop big plat (1m-4m) on new recipes and mats.

Why sell 1 Krono (3m each) at the price of 2 Dragonscale Bardings of the Potent (1.5m each) or half the price of a Dragonsoul Barding of the Potent (6m). It may be a defensive strategy by anyone with a Krono really.

I am not discounting an exploit and it's possible the mount gear is a trigger for dupers to launder pp but there's a history of big spending on EQ2 (at least on run-of-the-mill Skyfire server).
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.