Dragon Attack! monuments on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We haven't done a dragon in days over here on Test. Today's guide event (followed by a full round of puppets at the request of some new-to-Test folks) was a lovely way to get enough bodies pulled in from alllll the stuff going on (live, beta, Rivervale) to try for a dragon. However, the patch sort of hit while we were waiting for Toxyca's arrival.**

It will be hard, very hard, to find the time and energy to do more dragons on Test, which means that what supplies we have stashed away won't go very far towards our monument builds. Energy is just as hard as time, because the folks with Test 110's are pretty worn down to the nubs and in the thick of things on too many fronts.

I DO have some mats for the monument squirreled away. I don't know if we can get more or not, since Test is a special situation, population-wise. What mats I DO have, I am making available to others, so they can help with the monument build there as well.

If you want to help, you pick up the quest from the CL or Ant monument build sites on Test, then

/house_ratings

"Dragon Attack! mats for Mum" is currently under large homes. It may hit the leaderboards, it may not, so look for it in both spots. It's not about the ratings, it is about accessibility.

You cannot remove things from the depots, but you can craft with them, and deposit more dragon mats there if you have scraps still floating around. Craft there at the workbench from the quest recipes you were given. Fuels are there, mats are there until they run out from folks using them.

When you're ready to hand the quest in, just /house and exit, and it will drop you where you were standing at the build area.

Hand in, pick up another repeat of the quest if you're so inclined, /house_ratings again, craft, rinse and repeat.

CL is at 10.1% through stage 1. Ant was 0.1% the last I checked, but I hadn't checked in a few days.

If you aren't a level 20 or higher crafter on Test, "Finch" on the QH docks and EL docks has a bauble for buffing to 100 in a tradeskill. (The adventure bauble on him only works on our free trial heroics over there, to unlock the trial restrictions)

(**Please don't get me wrong, we appreciate that Test get patched sooner, rather than later! It just happened that Bristlebane had a hand in the timing.)
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Tbh, it was better to have it patch BEFORE the dragon spawned. If we had been mid-fight, it would have been way more frustrating.
    I thought the delay between zone spawn and dragon spawn was way more fast. It's at least 1h.

I don't suppose there's a way for dragons to be make easier on Test? Or that you could spawn mats for us?
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Either or both of these suggestions would be great.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I redid the test when I was alone:
    zoned in at 01:01pm, got 10 minutes warning at 01:51pm. I can confirm the 1h since zone opening.

So if we want to run them, we have to time it and have somebody open the zone 1h before the raid is planned. And move to another zone when fight starts.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Antonica monument is at 1.1% in stage 1
    The CL monument is now at 11% in stage 1

We are focusing on the CL monument first just so we feel we're accomplishing "something" with them on Test.

Our progress has been boosted, so you should see "about" .1% increase if you hand in all three items at once. (Remember, each of the 3 recipes uses a different number of rares, so grants a different amount of progress.) It is actually more like .09%, so every 10 triple hand-ins or so, it won't increase the counter.

As mentioned above, my depot in that published house mentioned above is set to public use so others can save my hands, and help with the progress. It WILL eventually run out of mats.

Hopefully this weekend we can find a time to get enough of our level 110's around so that folks can come and help kill the dragons. (We've got a new influx of heroic new-to-the-server players that are 100, so while they can help, they need some of the 110's to be around to do the lion's share of the damage.)

Please DO keep an ear on the /test channel while you are on test, or /test.test if you are on live or beta and you want to keep in contact with folks for organization (or even for just chatting)

Thanks!
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Mum! So remember, open the zone 1h prior to dragon spawn.
    As I'm getting to bed really late because of beta (it's nicer with Mum and The-Best-Gnome-Ever around), I can bring 2 110 DPS (well geared conjuror, average-geared necro) between 10pm and 3am CET, which is 1pm-6pm PST (well, I'm missing 2 updates on the well-geared mystic too).

And thanks Gninja for buffing up our Test turn-ins! I won't ever try to eat you again. Promise. (are there some other gnomish devs to eat? I'm interested! *grins*)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oops put that with the dragon attack had no idea you started a new thread Niami
    anyway there is a post about can the monument be finished and " Gninja" stated that the crafting progress will adjust the closer we get to the end , so that low population servers can have a chance.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Thurgadin is still at 1.4% at stage 1 as of right now. I dont see us ever completing this.

Also its not even clear to players that there is a TS component for this event and I reckon if it wasnt for the general chat, 80% of the server would not even know there is a 15 year anniversary event happening.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Erinna Member

Thurgadin, Antonica is only at 0.4% still, (and has been for the last couple of days) so what's going to be happening with the uneven progress that seems to be happening?

The Commonlands monument is much easier to travel to, so most people are going there, and I'm not sure if people even know that their progress is separate.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Um, yeah, this thread was specifically about/for the Test server, so we can coordinate our monument building now that we haven't had any dragon kills at all in over a week. The feedback thread from Kaitheel, or one of the other threads that's popped up in more general channels is likely the best spot to talk about the progress on other servers.

I just wanted to peel ours (Test) out into a separate thread because we lose a lot of our population to live when an event goes live, and the ones we didn't lose to live are mostly on beta right now. It makes us a special stepchild because we just will NOT have the materials to finish stage 1 at this rate. It doesn't matter what percent we're at, or how fast the progress goes if we can't get coordinated enough to have our tiny handful of active level 110s spend many hours chasing dragons, since it will take us 30-40 minutes per dragon again due to lack of body count.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Niami, can you make one of each of the three items before turning them in or can you only make a single item before turning them in?
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

are you talking about the crafting for the monument? you can only turn in 1 item per quest so if you craft all three, you will waste mats
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

You can make one of EACH of the three items requested, get progress credit on the monument for all three, but the reward and faction from only one. Gninja confirmed that this was intended and I have tested it myself.

What you cannot do is make 2 (or more) of the same item and hand them in at the same time. But one of each of the 3 options (class, subclass and all-class) works in a single hand-in. I updated my site and put a front page update on it a couple days ago about it. It cuts down the mount gear clutter by 2/3, which is lovely.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep, this was recently learned. (If it was mentioned before that, it got missed.There was SO much stuff going on on Test when we were testing these that it was hard to keep it all straight ... and our monument progress stalled near the end of testing for over 5 days and a couple hundred hand-ins while waiting on a patch over here.)
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If someone can send me a DM or put a post on the EQ2 Discord server under test when you need Dragon help, I can come. I have no plans this weekend and no adulting that is required!!! Schmet has my Discord information or I can send it to you Niami.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I try to mention in the Test server Discord channel and on the /test (/test.test from live servers or beta) channel in-game when we're going to be doing dragon or puppet runs. It gets to be a lot of extra typing pretty quickly, especially if I have to 2-box and tank, but I'll do some call-outs before and during, I'm sure :D
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

but dont the quest give status? I cant remember, if it does it is still kindof a waste if you care about status that is

but if you dont and only want progress for the monument, sure

however, the questgiver is very close to the table so it's not that big of a time waster and one arent really loaded with mats unless one saves up for a long time
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's always Ttobey... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, there's no status from this quest so I bow down to the impeccable knowledge of the denmother

make all 3 recipes per quest, turn in to not fill your inventory

/bow
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

THANK YOU GNINJA!

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever try to eat you again! (if you know an annoying gnome to send my [frying pan] way, I'm highly interested of course)

[IMG]
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Bludd and 2 others like this.