Test Server Guide Events

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Elyshka, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the quest today
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

Psst... Someone is coming to visit on Sunday, November 10th around 11 am PST, but I can't tell you who it is. Can you guess? C'mon, surely someone knows!
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

am a very sweet person who will bring us cookies and milk and other goodies and extra big bags to pack them all up , maybe .
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Someone we will welcome with open arms! (I may have run out of spoons, forks, knives and chopsticks, but even I can guess that much!)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Someone needing help making sure her Newsies friends (and herself!) find their final rest? :D

Uwk
    Elyshka and Breanna like this.
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

Excellent guess, Uwk! Rargnir Marrspear is coming for a visit and he'll be looking forward to seeing anyone who has yet to go on the strange journey to seek out his missing friends. He'll be around for, oh, about 40-45 minutes, I suppose. (Long distance rates on Norrath-to-Ethernere calls have gone up and he's on a spiritual budget.)

A short while after he's completed his adventurer-seeking mission, I'm coming by with baked goods and some odds and ends I've found scattered around. They can be yours for a song! Or a hug! Or even for just coming to say hello! I'll give a shout to let you know where I'm hiding. ;)

So, quick recap:
    • Sunday, November 10th around 11 am PST (2 pm EST / 7 pm UTC / [11 Nov] 6 am AEST) [Sorry to those who aren't early birds!] - Rargnir needs the help of intrepid explorers in the Obol Plains. He'll be around until about quarter 'til 12.(Note: Not repeatable.)
    • Sunday, November 10th around Noon PST (3 pm EST / 8 pm UTC / [11 Nov] 7 am AEST) - Come get some halfling hugs from yours truly. I'll be loitering about somewhere in Norrath and I'm looking forward to hearing all about the excitement you've been up to since I last had a chance to visit!
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my , o my runs around in circles going through all her old and new toons to see who still needs bigger bags
    and treats yesh always can use those , do you have cheese ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Same here; I have three 100 levels on Test, and they may have already done it; I'd need to double-check...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

Well, I brought cheese to the lovely picnic we had in Tenebrous Tangle, but didn't see any rattybongas, so I'll just hold on to that for another time. ;)

I did some snooping investigating and found out about a few things later this week. Mark your calendars!
    • Tuesday, November 12th around 5:30 pm PST (8:30 pm EST / [13 Nov] 1:30 am UTC / Noon:30 AEDT) - Kessalie Coppersprocket is tunneling her way up to Kelethin from the subtunaria to provide maps to anyone who gets lost in the dark recesses of the Ever Deep. (Note: Not repeatable.)
    • Thursday, November 14th around 5:30 pm PST (8:30 pm EST / [15 Nov] 1:30 am UTC / Noon:30 AEDT) - Otuno the Librarian is back once more from Myrist, looking for eager explorers wanting to discover what awaits them in the Celestial Realms. Rumor has it that he'll be checking on the Ulteran Spires in the Loping Plains, as he's heard there's been some disturbances there as of late. (Note: Not repeatable.)
    I know that these times aren't ideal for everyone, but it's hard to get a fix on when everyone will be around what with all of the dragons, and puppets, and betas (oh my!) running amok. If you miss it this go 'round, don't worry -- they'll be back around the time that the sleigh bells are jinglin'!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks SO much for the lovely visit today! We definitely appreciate your company! (And not just for the quests, either! :p)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:(:(:(:(:(:( it was those horrid dragons they help me hostage I am so upset I missed the cheese :mad:
    I at least skinned one of them and now I looks like a dragon:p
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Uwk
    Elyshka, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Reminder - the first of these is in about 4 hours, and the other is in 2 days!
  14. Elyshka Senior Guide

Kessalie is on her way! We... uh... got distracted.

[IMG]
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That looks wonderful! What kind of soup is it? :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Elyshka Senior Guide

Potato soup! I used this recipe as a base, omitting the sour cream because I already knew that the heavy cream and the cheese were going to make me regret eating this (#NoRegerts). I also added a big pinch of thyme, parsley, and a couple of bay leaves. I did the immersion blender step, but I didn't blend it fully because I like some chunks of potato in my soup.

Oh, and to bring this back around -- folks, don't forget about Thursday evening! Otuno hopes to see you there! :D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just potatoes? You only put potatoes in a soup ? How weird. I'll have to try that.

(ok, I looked it up, from what I gather, it's a regular mix of winter vegetables but heavy on potatoes and with bechamel and sour cream from what I gather... is there a way to make sour cream? with vinegar for example? I've made some sour milk for some UK recipes like that once)
  18. Elyshka Senior Guide

Greek-style yogurt or creme fraiche would work perfectly as a substitute for sour cream. It's also perfectly lovely without it, since the soup gets a good deal of creaminess from the bechamel and the blending of the potatoes themselves.

As for the addition of spices, herbes de Provence would be wonderful, or maybe even curry spices. Ooh, I need to try that sometime!
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, I'll try that. Greek-style yogurt seems nice as it has some of the acidity that sour cream has. I'll have to buy some and check it!
    Seems like a wonderful winter soup!

(and I was thinking about you right now as I'm making my Halfling pie for tonight *whistles* (it's a mutton pie, but halflings make such a delicious substitute!)
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I will be late to bringing my lone two that don't have the quest to the event tonight, as I forgot about a previous commitment that will having me roll off the massage table in our house at 6:00 p.m. Depending on what level of pain I am in once I get off the table (some weeks I react better than others to the weekly torture session) I will be there. If I am not, don't fret it as there is always next time for those two. I need to push them to 110 crafting before they can finish anyway.

THAT is something I want to remind the Test folks about though, with this specific visit. You will be unable to enter the overland zones (Doomfire and the like) unless you are 110 in either crafting or adventuring. It is 100 to enter Myrist (if your account has already unlocked Myrist access), but 110 for the overlands.