Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Hakkif New Member

T-Shirts for EQ2 Anniversary? OMG!!!!!!! I'm wearing the last T-Shirt that was authorized as I type!!!! The line forms behind me guys.
    Kittybock, Rosyposy, Dude and 3 others like this.
  2. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

The shirt is the "extras goodies with "Family and Friends Bundle" ;) Otherwise people will just buy 1 C.E. and 1 P.E. or other options such as 2 C.E. and 1 Standard or 3 C.E.s.
    Carynn and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Beastlord Active Member

Were are the pre-orders? Did you forget?????
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wouldn't expect Beta or preorder stuff to be available until after noon, San Diego time.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

is there going to be an eq2 broadcast about the x-pac? when where?
  6. Louly Well-Known Member

Looks like you can preorder now. And I should have known not to buy the 50% off Chaos descending LOL.
    I wasn't going to and then I caved in. But have been having some fun with it. Still I could have had it free with the new
    expansion. My bad "sigh"" I'd like the premium one but just not sure yet. Either way looks to be some fun. :)

Yes you can preorder now
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Louly Well-Known Member

On the home page :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok I have to say that I am so very upset. This is the first expac that the portal is NOT included with the collector's edition. I really hope they change that.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Gratouillis Member

Hi here !! To go with Misstake 's post, is it possible Dreamweaver to have the portal on each Character ??? just 1 is very very sad for ppl who like to decorate houses and his appeareance is sooooo beautiful, we want to put some everywhere !!!!! If you could let a message to the devs ???
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

House portal is once per account, and not in Collector's edition? the preorder page is displayed in highest to lowest price order?

that's some BoL crap right there :confused:
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, I can purchase two CE's for $179.98 or one PE and one tradeable STANDARD edition for $249.99.

Keeping in mind that I am NOT interested in the PE but only the CE (for the house and recipes, though I am disappointed that they moved the teleporter from the CE to the PE now, yet not enough incentive to entice me to pay that price difference) , and I am NOT interested in any of the extra stuff that comes with the PE or the Family bundle...for a price difference of $70.01, the least I would expect is a second CE and not a Standard edition.

I had intended to purchase the CE on both my paid accounts, but with the lack of the teleporter item, am now considering only purchasing the standard edition on my secondary account. The pre-order reward is less than appealing to me, so I am in no hurry to make these purchases either.

Might I suggest that instead of adding bits and baubles to these bundles, you only add the main attraction, namely the expansion packs themselves, and charge a more reasonable price for virtual items that will be sold in hundredfold over and over again? Had you offered a bundle of two CE's at a slightly lower price than one CE (with no extra bits and baubles that don't come with the CE), which is generally how sales work, I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat.

Once again, I do not understand the marketing strategies used by this company. They make absolutely no sense to me.

Again, this is just feedback for the devs and not intended as a complaint.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  12. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Because it's likely some focus group told them that they read "left to right" so don't put the highest item on the right, people will buy the left one. This is not true though. You see what you get with standard and then start moving right, and you say, "oh, I really want that, and you keep going right, Oh, I really want that too, boom, Collector's edition.
    Now, I look at the family bundle first and say, wow, that's expensive, and I really don't need that. back to Collector's I go.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Occam Well-Known Member

Not quite. It's called "anchoring", and it's a sales technique which takes advantage of human psychology. When looking at prices, we tend to set a baseline on the first number we see. If we see a small number first, then the higher priced items seem unreasonable. If you look at the exact same prices but you see the higher price first, the lower prices seem really reasonable. Making the web page with higher prices to the left increases sales by a significant amount.

I own a web design company, and this is a fairly standard practice.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sorry, I see that $250 price tag first and say I do not need this at all and go right to the least expensive. Then I say if and when I decide I want or need something more, I can upgrade to one of the higher tiers at a later date.
    Rosyposy, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

like I got my waterfalls and yes the house that goes with it. I said this before and I say it gain put all those former building blocks for houses together in a package and I would be all over that .
    That last home for the next expansion looks pretty tempting though
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  16. Occam Well-Known Member

That's exactly how anchoring works. People are more likely to buy the less expensive options if they see the higher price first, rather than not buying at all.
    Rhodris and dreamweaver like this.
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

nah, not really. If I see a website and first purse is 5k, the second 3k, the third 1k, I go oh crap! back to Target dot com I go
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Naneeje Well-Known Member

But, I think anyone looking at that has a specific purpose. What do I get with my $39.00, and what do I get if I have $139 to blow on the game. I typically play hard after expansion release and go all out on Collector's. I have two accounts so I'm trying to see if the family pass is worth it, but haven't looked at the details to see if 2 collectors is better or worse than 1 family.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Two collectors is less than one family with regard to stuff in the pack, but one family = one CE and one PE, which you can get for less money with the same stuff in it but non-trade.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As Carynn said 2 CEs are cheaper than an F/F but with the F/F you get all the items in the PE and a second set of items from the CE plus the standard edition which is tradeable and all the other items that are listed as tradeable and I read somewhere a T-Shirt even though that was not listed on the expansion page. You only get the access to beta, the pre-order pet, and a 110 adv boost as soon as you purchase whatever edition you purchase. The tradeable items do not arrive until the launch sometime in December.

The tradeable items are:

1 Tradeable Standard Edition Expansion
    1 Tradeable 110 Character Boost
    1 Tradeable Character Slot
    1 Tradeable Experience & Vitality Potion
    1 Tradeable Mount: Umbra
    1 Tradeable Mercenary: Tarsil the Pure
    1 Tradeable Familiar: Reishi Grazer

The Standard Edition does not get the pre-order pet nor access to beta.
    Breanna likes this.