Heroes' Festival 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Cuora Member

NEWS FLASH: Fury Rainye was able to hit them with DD's ... the other two can't ... this is getting odder all the time. {sigh} But at least the devs have names of Test characters they can doppleganger to reproduce the issue?

I brought in Rainye specifically to test this issue. She is a level 91 Fae Fury. I tried 2 puppets, Roen Theer and Baelon and I was able to target the puppets and my DD spells hit normally. I also tried my other spells and they all worked normally too. very odd for Yanu and Kaerys. I sure hope you can find out what is going on there.
  2. Yavie Active Member

BUG
    Yanu here, regarding the issue with furies not being able to do any DD to the puppets, the following were the ONLY things that I have that worked: Ring of Fire, Thunderspike (melee), Energy Vortex, Ball Lightning, Fae Fire and Hierophant. For those puppets that I SHOULD have been able to use my masters strike on, it was greyed out as if I didn't have that one done.

The really odd thing to me was that Ring of Fire at least seemed to work, but Call of Storms and my other group AE's were "Target not in range" as were every single one of my DD's. Very frustrating. For the record, Yanu was 84 when she started, and 86 after the last puppet.

The fury that had no problem at all Rainye is lvl 91. The other fury Kaerys was a heroic toon.
  3. Yavie Active Member

Yanu again: I know I tried this yesterday also, but forgot to note it down. Tried to assist my merc using DD and still got the No Target In Range error.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Chrol Developer

I copied your character for testing and I'm able to hit Darather with her using Death Swarm, Starnova, Tempest, Wrath of Nature, and Call of Storms, to name a few. Have you tried again today, by chance?

I'll try with Kaerys in a bit...
  5. Chrol Developer

Okay, it has something to do with an encounter proc, most likely. On a copy of Kaerys I stripped all of my (her) AAs and unequipped all weapons and all my (her) direct damage spells did not return a "No target in range" message.

This is due to how these and all other Public Quest encounters are set up - to not lock to a player/group/raid. Because they're not locked, encounter procs are going to give that message.

HOWEVER, you'll notice when attacking with your direct damage spell you're still inflicting damage, just not that extra proc damage from wherever.
  6. Chrol Developer

I don't want, anybody else
    When I think about you, I quote myself.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yanu did the dragons Friday and tried the CL one Saturday to no avail. She didn't retry Sunday from what I know.

(and server is down)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

looked like nobody tryed all weekend , I guess they were not fixed as expected.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There wasn't a patch so we were a bit stuck. Later today I hope
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I think there is some confusion here... How are you stuck? "No target in range" message? What fix were you anticipating? Are you confusing Heroes' Fest clothwork PQs with Dragon Attack PQs, perhaps?

~ Kaitheel
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

some of the dragons have to many totems or something like that all I know is nobody want's to fight them anymore
    It appears that we get wild swings from to easy to to hard , it might work on regular servers , but here I don't
    know . I am not the right person to tell you about it either .
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

\

That is the Dragon Attack! dragons, NOT the puppets for Heroes' Fest.

The puppets not being done much was because folks weren't actively asking and organizing. They'd mention a puppet was up, but that's a lot different than saying "Hey, I need ___., can folks come to help?" :D It was as if folks were all waiting for someone else to organize it, and I was utterly out of spoons by the weekend, and couldn't organize a group to find their way out of a wet paper bag. (I also don't need the puppets, so I'm not trying to rabble-rouse across multiple communication channels without a clear sign that folks need and are willing to put the word out as well :D

We did 1 full run of puppets, then a couple extra runs of Darathar this weekend for testing. but, well, nobody else seemed to want to organize runs.

Edit: and this isn't meant to single anyone out, it is just a fact of Test. A lot of folks lurk in-channel, a lot of the newer testers don't join /test for whatever reason, a lot of folks watch Discord. But without anyone actively asking for things, a lot of us don't want to take the time/energy to organize something on the off-chance someone needs it.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no Niami sigh what I meant is not that people are singled out but that I am bad about explaining stuff , I just do what I am told
    I am simply bad at this kind of thing I am a reader , I do what I am told
    and dam I forgot we have 2 different things going on and this was the wrong thread.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I ment that nobody asked for puppets and that we're stuck "testing phase-wise" as we're waiting for a patch to retry the dragons (which brings more folks on the server and gives more manpower for puppets). Meanwhile those playing are trying to catch up on stuff before beta and Test patch, aka "busy elsewhere". So if you need something, need the puppets, just say "I need them" in chat and a lot of us will come.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am with the dragon bunch waiting on those mostly , like I said I was posting the earlier post on the wrong thread , was not paying attention was just reacting to Kaitheel
  16. Yavie Active Member

This is definitely Hero's Festival puppets. I was just on Yanu and tried to attack the Darathar Puppet in Ant. According to my combat log, when I hit a DD such as Death Swarm, Starnova, Wrath of Nature, Tempest, etc. What I SEE in chat channel is "No Target in Range." What I SEE in combat channel is "There are no targets in rage" followed immediately by SOME of the DD's supposedly doing damage. I say supposedly because according to my log, which I'm sure you can see somehow, they claimed they were doing damage but the puppets HP's never went down and I didn't even need to yell because the encounter wasn't engaged when I went to break it off. If I don't need to yell, I am not doing any damage to the mob, I have no idea why this is, but I was the only one in the zone and it still told me "No targets in range." I've done many PQ's on live with all sorts of classes, this is the first time I have ever seen this message on any toon. Anyhow, I hope this helps.
  17. Chrol Developer

If your combat log displays you inflicting damage, then you're inflicting damage. These PQ mobs have a ton of hitpoints and a massive amount of mitigation so you being alone not making a dent in them is perfectly normal.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but this is why I stopped even trying to do anything with them from the moment they came out way back when. I play at odd hours and often, I'm the only one in on the entire server. :(

Is there any way we could get two types of puppets, like we have Raid dungeons and Solo dungeons? :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

TS dragon is fixed and we had no problems killing it!
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Everfrost dragon: not a lot of prisons so nice. KB are a real pain, imo they KB way too far (those from the bowls). range characters need to put their back to a spire