The difference between cloud mount gear and relic gear

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Nov 4, 2019.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

[IMG]

One took 30 minutes to get, the other took 3 hours of clearing all KoS raid content. Please buff KoS raid content and buff raid items.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  2. Seth Well-Known Member

Congratulations Frostbolt! for completing all KoS content in 3 hours! very impressive. wonder how you did it the exact same time another guild did... ponder.... Also anyone can clearly see that the lunarspun vest is much better than that treasured item. but it takes more than a boosted player to realise that.
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.
  4. Lexxah Member

21 Mitigation, 0.1 Crit, 0.1 Potency, 0.2 Casting Speed! Wow! Such Stats! Much Gear! VERY WORTH!

A whole +1 Main Stat, gonna be hitting that magic over cap number in NO TIME!
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  5. Lexxah Member

Spoiler- For 2,500 Daybreak Bucks, you too can buy your very own Guild Name Rechange Potion!
  6. Lexxah Member

Or here- since 'stats and guild rename potions are hard'.

This is the Relic Robe vs. Heroic Nest Fabled Robe

[IMG]

Clearly a robe that requires "24" level 70 people to get should be clearly inferior to a robe that a group of level 60 players can get, right?
  7. Testa23 New Member

You bring shame to the name seth
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

I guess we have different interpretations of what "much" means. I always thought "much" meant a large amount.
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

still waiting for when you will realise that a full set of raid armour will be a decent upgrade in mit and stats. Guess i just told you though.
  10. Seth Well-Known Member

and back in the day relic armour was entry level raid armour, aim for the proc gear.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

21 Mitigation, 0.1 Crit, 0.1 Potency, 0.2 Casting Speed is crap even when you multiply it x7. ;)
  12. Testa23 New Member

I can't tell you how many times we would of wiped if we had done .1 dps less or the tank died because he didn't have a extra 21 mit
  13. Seth Well-Known Member

well i for one love stats, so i look at even that 0.7 as an upgrade, though you may not share the same thought pattern, i guess 0.3 potency more would be to your liking. but you got to get that sweeet proc gear, pretty nice stats are attached to it.
  14. Testa23 New Member

You should go play live then man. They have stats in the hundreds most are uselessly inflated thoufh. You can roll around in potency and ab mod all day err day
  15. Proto12 Active Member

It would just be nice if things were a little more unique. With how “veteraned” most of the players are now on TLEs, it would be only fair for us to know why a dev or two can’t take a single work day and go in and change the stats on maybe 20-25 drops on the big raid fights in the expansion. I’d love to see some random robe have like 50 int and 5 cast, and 50 AB, and no other stats, just to have a unique item to chase or use.

As it is the only unique itemization is basically finding 4 star gear that has all usable stats. As this discrepancy points out, if I find a 30 or 31 base item with all usable stats, it is hardly worth the time, effort, or dkp for me to go chase and set my eyes on a raid version that only has nominal increases. It’s just not engaging or motivating.

Anyway, there have been countless conversations regarding how the tle’s have been taken care of, and in order to win over us “normal long term players” who are not prone to be critical, we really need to be shown why it is impossible or hard to redo/balance.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If only you understood eq2 well enough to talk in threads like this discussing itemization, but instead you pretend to know what you're talking about; and obviously you don't considering you're implying that mitigation matters at all. This server's horrendous curve on mitigation means you can essentially double a tanks mitigation, and it does absolutely near zero to changing incoming damage on tanks. Oh but since you feel the need to comment here, you obviously know that right?

This entire response is just so hilarious in my mind because you also think you taught us something very important about the game with the idea that mitigation matters. Not to mention you're implying mitigation on a mage somehow matters when there isn't a single trauma aoe that hits hard during this expansion, and nearly every fury already raids without the mit buff up.

This is all rhetorical of course because you think for some reason that 0.7% potency for an entire set of gear that you have to raid for is somehow acceptable.

It's basically a question of does the item have four stats? Yes, possibly wear. No? Throw it into the bank for transmuting next expansion. It's quite evident that close to zero effort went into itemizing this expansion past turning the bot on and targeting the folder in LUA and hoping for the best.

The part that kills me about itemization at the moment is that I literally feedbacked this three months ago in the nagafen forum that KoS itemization was awful. I even posted about it on the official discord and a few other items included, like tenebrous tangle quest items being near best in slot (lel) and being equippable by people at level 50. Those items were then nerfed, so it's not like Caith (I hope you're reading this frienddev) didn't see the feedback and full understand that his raid gear itemizer is actually making items on par with a solo questline.

This also doubles back to my post's from Fallen Gate where I posted you know, "hey you guys really should like, ask players how to itemize your tle's because you keep doing dumb **** like saying 0.5% haste = 33 haste, when 33 haste overcap is actually more flurry. Yet their bot just randomly picks one of those stats to put on items, and it doesn't make any sense in any world when a player would prefer flurry over haste if A. They weren't swinging as fast as possible, B. The conversion cap makes haste a better stat to pick than flurry because of the conversion. It's the same problems.

The
    Same
    Issues
    Every
    TLE.

I'm sure this post won't get read or will be skimmed over/"sorry we're doing a live expansion and really don't care or have the time" which is probably the issue, not malicious intent over TLE. But seriously, why even bother changing all of the itemization from Fallen Gate's (redone after SH btw) just to make it actually worse, and not really accomplish anything because people are parsing relatively the same all the way up.

Anyways, tl;dr Seth has no idea how eq2 stats work and shouldn't talk in itemization threads, and itemization is lackluster and dare I say Lazy.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sure it's an upgrade, but go ahead and put 0.7% potency into any type of spreadsheet for efficiency and tell me how much that matters at all, it's less than like a lucidity. Literally putting on a full set of raid gear right now is less efficient than one fury forgetting to buff me with a small int buff.

This is how Seth thinks eq2 itemization should go guys.
    Lexxah and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah if I can make up the gap between solo armor and raid armor with 2 aas, something's up.
    Lexxah and Carynn like this.
  19. Lexxah Member

Back in the day there were also better options, which we don't really have on TLE servers- so cut the 'in my day' rhetoric, nobody cares.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

This made me chuckle :)