Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

What I think will most assuredly get me banned so not going there this time..like I said, not going to argue with you nor cast any judgement..hey so you can raid! Hurrah...I'm officially impressed..feel better now?

I dont give two tongas hinds what you think a non raider deserves or what we should only be able too achieve because we dont raid...and a lot of the people who dont play anymore probably feel the same. What part of the message is it you just dont get?

Delusional? In a fantasy game full of wizards, orcs, and dragons, yes... I think so!
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Well, "I want it" is one reason, the resolve is not the only improved stats on said gear.
    parissa likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

HEY :eek: don't skin us what did's we do to you Pixi ?
    I consider myself to be a casual player , and I do go raid , i's good for the social health of our guild and I want the gear outside the raid , because it helps my class to survive without the help of 2 other players
    Heroics ^^^ are not killable unless you get help or good gear .
    But I still go into raid to get better gear , or there are way long and demanding quests that also should reward you with better gear heck if they make you jump through 10 000 loops you should get a fitting reward .
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Well, if you want it, then you have the option of raiding. Raiding gets you the best gear, because it is the hardest content, and requires a great deal of coordination and dedication, for the most part. Pretty sure that's been the case since day 1. I think the point stands though that nobody "needs" raid gear unless you're raiding. Nice to have? Sure. Necessary? Not at all.

I HATE the raiders vs. casuals arguments. It is almost never productive. I have nothing against casual players, hell I was one for a long long time. I just think these kind of arguments always just lead to a back and forth that results in neither party being satisfied.
    chattie, daicia, Dude and 2 others like this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I am so confused. I just read the Producer's Letter, about EQ1, and it seems like the pricing, for the new expansion, is pretty insane for what you get. I hope they aren't going to do that with EQ2.

I wish, instead of having an all-access account, when I only play EQ2, that they would offer a discounted subscription rate for multiple accounts for a family with the same IP address who only play one game. That, at least to me, makes more sense than letting gold accounts go silver like I have done with four of my accounts.

I also don't like the idea of padding the premium xpac with a lot of stuff many players won't use such as a tradeable standard xpac. That should be offered as a fourth option. Ninety dollars is a lot to pay for a premium xpac and not everyone is going to be able to swing those extra dollars for a standard pack they may, or may not, be able to sell or trade to another player. I probably will pass on the premium pack, like I did last year, unless there are enough goodies to make it worth the extra money.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the regular expansion still is the same prize about 40 $ they added a new one that is insanely costly but we still have the old collectors x pack .
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I think the Problem this expansion is/was that Raiders had to through 8 Tiers of Resolve Gear in order to progress. That is the main problem in the resolve difference between Casual/Heroic and Raidgear.

However the question must be asked why casuals/solo player need higher resolve gear if they don't participate in higher content.
    chattie and Snikkety like this.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

They have literally been up front and said that the family and friends bundle it is going to be at a high price point. And people are complaining that yes, it is indeed at a high price point. Guess what people, it's gonna be at a high price point.
    chattie, Almee, Pantaro and 3 others like this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

The tradeable standard pack is a part of a "fourth option."
    1. Normal expansion.
    2. Collector's Edition
    3. Premium Edition
    4. Family and Friends
    chattie, Cyrrena, Almee and 3 others like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

High price and more expensive than the next two below combined (while giving less (2 two people) than 1 PE and 1 CE) is a 'higher price point' than most expected. It is, literally, cheaper to buy yourself PE and your friend the CE.. and your friend would get more.. than if you brought friends and family and gave your friend all the tradeable bits. That's the real boggle.
    chattie, Quillyne, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

I assume that there will be people who pay for it, not because they're going to gift it to anyone, but because they're going to sell the giftable items, maybe getting enough to offset the cost. *shrug*

I also assume people are bad at math. :rolleyes:
    chattie, Cyrrena, Almee and 3 others like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Almee just did not know about this all she saw what they got on EQ1 and asked about here so no don't be afraid we still have the old stuff too .
    Besides I still did not see the house on that list maybe they add it later when the official list comes out .
    Cyrrena, Almee, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem with Chaos Descending is that the step from soloing to heroics was too darn steep. You actually HAD to do the same things raiders do to boost your gear as much as possible so you could even really start heroics, and if you came in late to the expansion, if you didn't have friends who would drag you through a few heroics for gear, you were SOL.

I expect that T1 heroics should be doable in a full set of Mastercrafted gear, without having to plat infuse, infuse, etc. I hope that the dev team feels the same. Getting into a T1 raid, I'm fine with having to extensively diddle with your gear to get the stats.
    Cyrrena, Almee, Korochun and 4 others like this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

I misspoke about the xpac being so expensive. I meant the premium xpac will be too expensive for many people, assuming it is similar to the EQ1 premium xpac. It won't bother me, as I will simply trade the standard xpac with one of my alternate accounts, but I can see where it would be a problem for other players. That's why I suggested a 4th option for the new EQ2 xpacs. However, there is apparently an even more expensive, "friends and family" deal, so maybe what I'm suggesting would be 3rd of 5 options: Standard, Collector's Edition, Premium, Premium Plus, and Friends and Family.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

As I pointed out, it's actually cheaper to buy a PE for your primary account and CE for your alt account rather than the friends and family.. AND your alt account will have 'more stuff' that way too.
    Cyrrena, Almee, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

Mermut,I haven't made a spreadsheet of what each version of the xpac is going to have in it. I agree that players are probably better off buying the standard and CE editions of EQ1.

But EQ2's xpacs may offer a different range of incentives to buy each version. Last year I bought 2 CE's and 4 standard xpacs. At the moment, I will probably only buy 6 standard xpacs unless the CE offers really spectacular items that make it worthwhile to buy the CE over the standard such as:

A 115 xp buff,
    A 115 ts buff,
    Luclin porter,
    New merc,
    House,
    House recipes,
    Huge bag,
    Various potions,
    Mount,
    Painting
    etc.

Everything, but the 115 buffs, should be claimable for each character on the account. None of these items will cost DB anything but a few lines of code, so I can't see why these items should cause a problem for DB and they would certainly make me buy 2 CE's. If they really add some fantastic frills, to a plain premium pack (no tradeable xpacs), I might even upgrade my CE's for Christmas.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there was post of that somewhere , somebody had a link from another ( grrr ) social network

page 6 on this thread. post 11 , posted by Benito.
    Cyrrena, Mermut and Dude like this.
  18. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The Prices of the different expansion bundels and what comes with it is secondary to me.
    What matters is the expansion itself. The original luclin expansion was huge in content size and i know it is unfair to compare it due to the size of the team.
    My interest got caught when Kander mentioned in the discord chat that they are aiming for 6 different zone themes, usually it is 3-4.
    However i would like to see overland zones (multiple) instead of instanced content. The return of classic quests such as L&L, language and HQs , many of them, and some new signature quests.
    Maybe more dynamic events due to quests, remember when orcs did overrun Madjul when player where on certain quests.

More linear progression and questing instead of grinding.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

On another page Mermut, I mentioned for $250 I could buy a full PE and a full CE, and Dreamweaver said yes for that price it would be a full CE and a full PE and other items as well.

EDIT: its on page 7, post #128
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Basically the EQ expansion page provides a good look at what you might be able to expect.
    Xevran, Rosyposy, Dude and 2 others like this.