Gear Up Level Up Week 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Gear Up, Level Up Week 3 is coming!

[IMG]

Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Chaos Descending missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Mount Training which will decrease the time remaining to train your current training mount. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

The second limited time item Mount Training Drops, will be available from 12:00 PM PT (noon) on October 29, 2019 until 12:00 PM PT (noon) on November 5, 2019 when the next bonus will begin!

Be sure to use this time wisely as you prepare for continuing adventures in Norrath and Blood of Luclin!
    Beee, Dude and Breanna like this.
  2. Gaptia Active Member

What the point in reducing mount research time for a mount we'll have to chance next month ?
    Pixistik likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Tradeskill mounts..
    That's what I'll be using them on.. extra slots for harvesting boosts.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

when was week 2?? didn't see any announcement :O what did I miss?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Triple ethereal coins.. they started that bonus early.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thus the inherent issue of leveling mounts, mercenaries and familiars. Hopefully the development and marketing teams have a plan that will make having mercs and mounts fun again. Right now getting a new mount or mercenary isn't nearly as appealing as it once was. Of course giving us a new mount with stats that start out higher than our previous mount has fully leveled is one way to promote starting to level a new mount.......but then the number of slots they have and the time they take to level is more successful at depressing my personal enthusiasm for the game than it is stimulating my desire for new mounts.
    Jaeded, Gaptia, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

At least with mercs the only differences between them are their names, classes, and how much status you can sell them for. Everything else is the same, so level up the one you like and just stick with it.

For mounts and familiars? Yeah...
    Cyrrena, Mermut and Breanna like this.
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Sadly this is true. It used to be fun to get or even buy a new merc for appearances or just to check them out. Now...not so much.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  9. Rarkevan Active Member

Mount training rewards is a good thing, I won't feel so obligated to neglect RL to do missions, my craft and family will be happy :) Getting some RL squared away early,so as to have some time for the Beta and the Heroes' Festival in a few weeks !
    :p;)
    Cyrrena and Katzandra like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is mostly true. There are a few mercs with better stats and/or spells. Check the wiki's Mercenary Stat Comparisons page for details.

Overall, the best way to get a better mercenary is to level it up and equip it with better gear. Since I raid, as I get gear upgrades, my old gear goes to my merc.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Avithax Well-Known Member

Did someone forget to switch this on?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It has been on since 12 PM (Noon), we checked and confirmed people are seeing drops.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got a 20-day mount training boost from completing the CD crafting daily.
    Hartay, Siren, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  14. Edaine Member

Guess we got our last go at getting updates cut off by the update, huh? Drat, was hoping for one more run through to get reducers, but servers are down for the count.