Heroes' Festival 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun! We invite all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate our fifteen years of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating, and socializing. Celebrators can be found in Qeynos Capitol District and the city of Freeport, alongside special event merchants hawking some new wares in honor of the festivities. You won't want to miss The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork creations touring through Antonica, the Commonlands, Sinking Sands, Kylong Plains, the Eidolon Jungle, and Stonebrunt Highlands! And be sure to keep your eye out for shiney objects after the clothworks have been defeated.

New features for '19
    • TLE servers:
      • Kaladim – No participation.
    • Live servers:
      • 5 NEW Collections!
        • Glyphs of Ethernere
        • Icons of Ultera
        • Kunark Runes
        • Desert of Ro Charms
        • Shattered Lands Marks
      • 8 new festival themed house items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Token of Heroism.
      • 11 new festival themed equipment items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Mischeva's Tribute.
    Returning features:
    • Achievements:
      • Test: Mischeva's Champion - only available on Test!
      • Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests
      • Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
      • Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar
      • Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master
      • Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon
      • Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer
      • Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon
    • Mischeva's Clothworks event - A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past.
      • Tokens of Heroism now have a chance to drop from the clothwork public quest reward chests.
    • Mischeva's Tribute currency, dropped by the clothwork bosses across Norrath.
    • Collections:
      • "Samples of Destiny"
    • Quests:
      • "The Play's The Thing" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "A Heroes' Feast in Qeynos!" and "A Heroes' Feast in Freeport!" - Tradeskill quests (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 40 times!)
      • "Thumore's Absence" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "Shattered Remains" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 40 times!)
      • "… Band Aid" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is Not repeatable)
      • "Aggressive Advertising in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max now increased to 40 times!)
      • "A Dream Adventure" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
        • Added reward choice: Token of Heroism
    Heroes' Festival and Dragon Attack! are overlapping events, happening this year, in celebration of our anniversary. While, Dragon Attack! will start on the same date as Heroes' Festival, (11/7/19 at 12:01am), Heroes' Festival concludes on 11/19/19 at 11:59pm Pac time. Dragon Attack! will last longer, concluding on 12/5/19 at 11:59pm Pac time.

Please post any bugs you encounter, or feedback you have, pertaining to this event in this thread.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Awesome! Time to get testing!
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Dragon Attack?! It's Time To Slay Some Dragons I guess then :D
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Not yet. That will be a separate post when it is ready for testing, I presume. :p
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We are having a hard time figuring out the last 4 house items due to how huge the vendor list has become, and how things start running together in our minds after a bit. We've resorted to using EQ2U on every single house item on the vendor to be sure we didn't mistake a new one for a returning one. (Stuff like the apples and fowl, for example, we've seen before, just not under this name)

1. A Ratonga Hero
    2. Festival Plate of Apples
    3. Festival Roasted Fowl
    4. Heroes' Great Sword Chandelier
    5. Heroes' Battleaxe Chandelier
    6. Heroes' Shield Chandelier
    7. Pride of the Kerra
    8. The City of Might

Halp?
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Quest: Missing Decorations in Qeynos
    Issue: Cannot find the spot for "Place the fourth burst of magical paper lanterns inside the highlighted area ... nor outside it for that matter. Is it possible that NoTD stuff, such as the graves behind the Conservancy folks (for Familiars Wild) are stomping on the green glowies? Since the spot can be in a random location in or near the highlighted areas, this will be insanely hard to replicate reliably. :(

Edit: I said it would be hard to replicate, but I deleted the quest and redid it, and had the same issue for the fourth set, which should be just into the South Qeynos when coming from NQ
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Feedback: We've already had one person on Test come in halfway through a fight, NOT participate in any way, but rushed to grab shinies the second we were done killing the mob. Is the one shiny from killing the mob to prevent lazy/greedy folks from finishing the collection while riding on everyone else's coattails? If so, good call. :)
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Had the same issue. The one I couldn't find was near the road near the Inn and around it.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I knew it :D when the server went down.
    and without EQ2 maps some of the locating will be just a little harder.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Due to being short, this pic is at an odd angle, so the chains *above* the tile look shorter than they really are, but I'm too tired to drag everything lower or stand on boxes right now. It should be enough to let you see what I mean at least. The tile shows where the default anchor point is for each of the 3 new chandeliers, and as you can see, the Heroes' Great Sword Chandelier has the anchor point closer to the chandelier end of things. Are we trying to start house fires in Norrath now? :D

[IMG]
  11. Nicolos Active Member

With this post in mind, I’d like to say what an amazing idea it was to put all the new stuff for NotD on one merchant and the old on a completely separate one. Maybe this can be done for this event and all future events as well. Old people like me have a hard time remembering what they got last year.
    Cyrrena, Quillyne, Kaitheel and 5 others like this.
  12. Kasa Well-Known Member

Equipment so far

1. Mischeva Troop Plate Cuirass
    2. Mischeva Troop Plate Gussets
    3. Mischeva Troop Plate Vambraces
    4. Mischeva Troop Plate Sabatons
    5. Mischeva Troop Plate Greaves
    6. Mischeva Troop Plate Barbute
    7. Mischeva Troop Plate Gauntlets

8. Shadow of Dethknell
    9. Claw of the Golden Eagle
    10. Greatblade of Dethknell
    11. Golden Eagle's Defense
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the apple plate and the fowl look just like something we got before , there are apple plats and apple bowls frosted or scary
    and the fowl I belief we can craft from a Frostfell recipe , I guess the dishes on those two might be different.
    how long after you kill one of those puppets do the shinnies stop to spawn ?
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{Brain pretzels} Thanks for going through the list and finding those for us, Kasa!

So, if I have it right, we actually have 8 (not 12) new house items for token of heroism, and 11 (not 7) wearables for mischeva's tribute. They add up to the same number of new items, but in different ratios. :D
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A fifth delete and re-do of the quest finally made the spot for the fourth set of lanterns to be on a pile of straw in between the stables and the wall between NQ and SQ. For Niami, it took 3 tries, and it finally moved to a visible spot close to the Familiars Wild NPC's. There's definitely something askew in that area, but I can't tell if it is "just" NoTD stomping on it (so a Test-only issue), or if there's a bad location that'll impact live servers.
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

On the collection quests, if you fail on the mob the ground shinies will spawn. If no attempt is made to kill the mob when he despawns ground shinies will spawn. Of course to get the set you need a kill to get the shiny that is given as part of the reward. :)
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Kaitheel and 3 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I managed to kill the one in Antonica on my level 36 ,( took for ever ) and after collecting 10 each I gave up to try find out how long the shinnies pop up
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Hope you appreciate the different set up with these! They keep respawning after the clothwork is gone, but will stop after a period of time, as you have observed.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Wow! Yeah, that was my squirrelly brain not keeping track of the items well. Sorry for the confusion! (I've corrected the post now, too.)

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Swoosh! Well... Norrath is a magical place, after all!

I've sent the issue to Art. I'm not sure if a change can be made by the time the event goes live, but we'll see what they say.

~ Kaitheel