So how is Luclin back together?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This is the burning question. I've been gone for 8 years and everyone in both Qeynos and Freeport is celebrating that Kerafyrm has been sealed up inside the core of Luclin itself, and that the moon is now reformed. The moon is no longer visible within the cities' skyline, but is still destroyed literally everywhere else in the game. I understand this is just an art texture, but still. Preview screenshots reveal that Marus Seru is still in around, completely not destroyed or ruined. I can imagine that Lord Seru is still somehow the immortal totalitarian ruler of his people.

Here's the thing. At the start of this game, we learned that Luclin blew up for reasons that were never quite explained (maybe I missed something while I was gone). The Shattering happened only 50 years before the start of the game, and by no stretch of the imagination should it be possible for anything to still be alive.

I'm just spitballing here, since as of this post, I have 7 expansions worth of content to discover in the month or so before Luclin is released. Given that the Planes of Power are back (looking forward to that), including Druzzil Ro's Plane of Magic, I could easily understand if Druzzil Ro herself used her magic to Deus Ex Machina Luclin itself back in time to a point before it blew up, while simultaneously trapping Kerafyrm inside.

Seriously, between the Plane of Time shenanigans that created the alternate timeline and now this, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that her domain of magic can be summed up as "It's Magic, I don't have to explain it."
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was put back together before AoM, I think.. end of skyshrine expac
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

it's all a part of the age's end prophecy
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

SPOILER:

During the Skyshrine Tower: Age's End Epicx2 Raid, Roehn Theer absorbed the energy from the Tear of Veeshan, then jumped into Whatshisname's mouth and battled him back into Luclin. (as witnessed in the cut scene)
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

It's been a while and my memories are a bit foggy.
    Assuming you left mid-DoV, here's what happened.
    - We rediscovered the Wakening Land (now the Withered Land) and Skyshrine.
    - During the Skyshrine Timeline, we meet Jorlak, a Droag Chronomancer.
    - Sleeper's Tomb is unearthed
    - Kerafyrm is set free and start to rampage through Norrath with his legions (back then the sky in FP/Q was full of dragons trying to attack the cities)
    - Players with Firiona Vie, Lucan, Antonia and Jorlak as guest-stars confront Kerafyrm in the Skyshrine Tower.
    - Roehn Theer is summoned (can't remember if it was by Kerafyrm or the players)
    - Roehn Theer and Kerafyrm battle to a standstill and are teleported inside Luclin.
    - Luclin is whole again (minus all the shards fallen on Norrath) I can't remember if the fight is what did it or if there was another force(s) at play.

Hope that helps :)
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

The Val Shir invented a new substance to repair Luclin...

[IMG]

... i am a grate artiste
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Huh, so there's a cutscene that shows it off then? I'll be sure to get strong enough to see that.

I'm sure the Luclin expansion itself with give more details from the inhabitants themselves.
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I don't know about you all, but I think the Luclin moon could be the final expansion. With an update along the way to introduce you to EQ3. Taking on a whole new world introduced by visiting the moon of Luclin could be exactly what MMO is looking for.
    Think about it devs... Game of Thrones ended... not bad in my opinion, but if another show came out with the same people doing something different for their cause, I would totally watch it. So, if EQ3 is not in Norrath, but another world you create, using the same concept as EQ2, I guarantee it would take off. SO many people are waiting for Pantheon, because they want EQ3. Too bad it's not going to be as good as the EQ world. This world is rich and you have a lot more to offer.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there was an earlier post about that Luclin thing somewhere .
    Yea we had dragons fly over head for a whole year breathing fire and who knows what else down at Qeynos and Freeport.
    Now they are all runing around town instead of fleeing in terror saying ahh Luclin is whole again
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In the game: Magic and some dancing and battles.

Out of the game: coding, art, etc.

et voila ! Luclin is back.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The gravitational field of the planet caused the pieces of the moon to coalesce back into a planetoid or moon over the course of time from the shattering with some help of magic to make it happen faster.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and now there is a dragon inside like in a poke ball , don't wake him up when we go there .
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

So the actual "How" hasn't actually been explained in detail yet, and we'll just have to go along with the moon suddenly having an atmosphere again and smoothly connected ground and undamaged architecture and cities. Ok.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Norrath is a magical place.
  15. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Actually,... based on what is seen in the Age's End final battle cut-scene, I HIGHLY doubt Kerefyrm is... asleep,.. Not with a deity-slaying Roehn Theer beating him down until the end of time and all,...
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I kinda think, that while plausible, since a large amount of the "mass" of Luclin is laying about here on Norrath, I would expect it would need ALOT of help to coalesce due to its now reduced gravitational pull due to lessened mass.
    /e looks also at all the inverted Shissar structures littering Phantom Sea.
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm just being skeptical here. This is what I've always been back at the start of the game. I've always held an odd fascination with the mystery behind Luclin's destruction, and a part of me is actually expecting a plausible reason for it being back together, if only to hope that the writers aren't trying to half-*** it.

Whatever the reason is, I'm going to enjoy being able to go back there.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's been back together for 4 expacs new. It's not something 'new' that has to be explained for this expac...
    Why it is -inhabited- and has an ecosystem in such a short period of time.. that is.. unknown.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it's new to people who have not played in a wile but yea did some of the adventurers who went there got left behind and mutated the description for the new expansion is out , something about ice piling up and turning creatures into something like zombies .
    Sorry but mys little Ratonga mind does not quite understands this .
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

If I got it right, the moon itself exploded because of the Dresolisk (which you see in the PoP Timeline and you avert a similar disaster in the planes in the Molten Throne final sequence when it explodes which removes those trying to overthrow the planes while being contained by celestial being)
    The dresolisk was brought on the moon and detonated and the moon exploded. At first when you come to Luclin, you think the cataclysm is about to happen, then you realize in the Fordel Midst part of the Timeline that the chronomagic used to imprison Rohen Theer and Kerafyrm in the moon brought it back at the exact instant after the shattering (that part was at the end of Vesspyr Timeline). Some people have memories of said shattering. Crystals appeared everywhere to superglue the moon.
    After that, the rest of the timeline is going in the direction of why Luclin Herself disappeared and the power struggle within the shissar (holodetector quest mostly).