Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Sowin New Member

I agree with the last two posts. Not having level 90's would be more attractive to returning players. It keeps people on a more even footing at the start, more chance for groups.
    Cyrrena, Siren and Dude like this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Let's be totally honest, it's a LIVE style server, so XP rates will be the same as live.

1-90 will not take long at all for anybody dedicated. It's not like TLE where it would take days/weeks.

They clearly don't want a new TLE server at the moment, as it'd kill Kaladim off. They are looking to lure back some of the Live customer base.
  3. Loghain New Member

Server which is only for sub players but still having p2w microtransaction makes no sense...
    Cyrrena, Xevran and Siren like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Do you have nothing better to do?
    chattie, Griffon Lady, Siren and 3 others like this.
  5. Feonah New Member

Not sure about this although I would like Luclin back as a zone. As a returning player stuck at lvl 100 because it takes ages to get XP increases without potions and being solo, as previous experience of groups and raids well and truly put me off the experience and was why I left the game in the first place, I can't see much to offer. However, if there was a proper Vah Shir model ( my previous main was a Vah Shir BL), and there was enough solo content I might consider it.
    As for game content, I find the spell research option quite useful across all my toons as getting enough rares is a major pain and I'm quite content at spending 23 days plus to research the upgrades rather than play stupid amounts of plat to buy it on the broker. If I get 40p a session of adventuring on average, then to buy even a Master selling at approx 1280p is still going to take over a month and some are even more expensive. Looks like I'll just continue chugging along with my toons doing missions with their mercs and level up slowly even though this may be seen as an anachronism
    Sowin, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  6. parissa Well-Known Member

I solo alot too... One thing I did notice is that I got to lvl 110 pretty fast doing the signature line in PoM... You might give that a shot and see if it makes your experience go a little faster if you are wanting to hit 110.... I also got a reward on some of the line that let me boost my ascension by 1 lvl... welcome back :) I agree about the Vah Shir... I would love to have them as a new race to play... Mine was a shaman in eq1
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

The only reasonable way to level from 100-110 is by doing the PoP signature line.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. HWRauth New Member

So far
    • no class consolidation
    • no new class
    • no new race
    • no new zones (only old EQ1 ones)
    Booooring
    Scrappyz likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Not saying this to complain as I am sure there are some who will appreciate it, but...I want mounts that can be converted to house items, else, they are pretty much useless to me. I am quite content playing my character as she is...she does not want to look like a dragon. I have not once used the Niborien mount, since finishing the quest, as I am not interested in it. It's a lovely mount, but it can't be put in my house and I'm not interested in looking like a flying snake.

I do hope these 'illusion' mounts do not replace our statted mounts because that will be a huge detriment to my character. I have never had an interest in changing my character's appearance, beyond the occasional use of the pickclaw goblin illusion, as this particular illusion really cracks me up. ALL other illusions, I hide. Please do not make this a regular habit of creating these type of mounts, or at least keep them limited to fluff mounts, or at the very least give us an equivalent flying mount as a choice, instead, should we not wish to use the illusions.

And please, please, do not stop making mounts convertible to house items. This will make me one very sad Arasai decorator. :(

(This is purely feedback for the devs and not a complaint)
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think double the premium is a bit cost prohibitive, if they are only getting the standard edition to gift out as opposed to the CE. I certainly wouldn't pay that unless it offered a second CE pack. The rest of the stuff being given with this bundle is of no interest to me.

In fact, if they would just let me buy two CE's at a slightly discounted price for the cost of two packs, I'd consider buying two CE's without adding anything else beyond the two CE's, and allow me to gift one...I'd consider that in a heartbeat. I don't want anything else added beyond what comes with the CE's, because most of what they add I don't care about and the cost is not justifiable to my pocketbook.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I will be happy if there are just more quests than I have seen in the last 2 expansions (and no Fraction quests do not count). I remember when the game began, there were more quests than I could possibly do. Although I will say I enjoyed the story line in PoP (Both Adv and Tradeskill) the interweave was good.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Merriel like this.
  12. Ragis New Member

Hello there! Can you please clarify, will Chaos descending addon be available for free with the Blood of Luclin preorder? And will it be available at once or in december only? Should I wait for a new year to play 100-110 zones?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Avern New Member

I can get my family up on this and friends it will be amazing and fun we get to obliterate the enemy forces. Muahahahahaha <3
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Prox Well-Known Member

Is it your Design ?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Covic built him, I animated.
    Schmetterling, Prox, Siren and 5 others like this.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You can just as easily create a level 90 character for the purposes of farming Shinies . Rares are going to be expensive no matter what. Forcing everyone to start at level 1 won't do anything except mean the first level 90s will ding on day two instead of day one.

I'm curious to know if content not being gated means /claim will be fully available as well. Pretty sure I still have level boosts that I've never claimed since I haven't played on live since AoM.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Previous expacs are ALWAYS included in new expacs in eq2. If you buy the new expac when it comes out it includes all previous expacs.
    Breanna and Xevran like this.
  18. Ragis New Member

Great!

And will it be available in nowember if I buy one? This is the main question :)
  19. Jovie Well-Known Member

For Rivervale, i am find and happy with both level 1 and 90. I don't want to be forced into starting at high level.
    The journey from the bottom is just as much fun, even moreso, than the destination.

On the contrary, the heroic only server for eq1, i will avoid that like the plague.
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yes, once the pre-order for the new expac is available (which should be around Nov 5th) , it will include all of the previous expacs, which includes CD. The only reason to buy Chaos Descending now is if you want the extras like level/ascendance boosts. With 50% off, the standard edition is basically a half-priced 110 level boost at this point.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.