Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

Thanks dreamweaver.... excited to hear the details... and whether it's my thing or not thanks for making a new server for us.... I was over the moon when IoR came out... and I am sure many of us will be over the moon for riverdale too....
    Cyrrena and Siren like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Hope you're keeping notes on all our specific questions to be answered in that FAQ!
    Siren, Geroblue, Xevran and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hateborne Member

A scroll case that upgrades a spell that upgrades another spell to Ancient?

Please, please, PLEASE tell me which vendor sells or which mob drops the "Upgrade another spell to Ancient" spell!
  4. Zeoni Member

Me: Goodbye There is No Way I'm getting the Exp this year.

EQ2 Dev: We are Finally going to the Moon

Me: I'll Just lay this ($$$$) Right here and We can both forget what I said.
    dreamweaver, Cyrrena, parissa and 4 others like this.
  5. Louly Well-Known Member

Thank you for that! I was going to purchase Chaos Descending but since I have only thousands and not millions ----
    You saved me $70
    Siren likes this.
  6. isest Active Member

so when are you going to offer the pre orders, i not seen them in the store yet
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

The thing is, the upper reaches of the game/difficulty levels would have to be retuned so spell research isn't necesssary, OR spell drops and rare mats for spellcrafting would have to be retuned to drop a whole lot more frequently. They need to eliminate the whole pay to win end game, but they can't just yank it all out without a lot of retuning.

That's about the only way players will accept this game effectively going back to being sub-only for the long run, though. Just plopping a new server up with the bolted-on pay to win at the end is going to empty out that server once everybody gets to end game.

I wish they had thought this through better and truly made a non-pay-to-win, sub-only live server like ArcheAge just did. That could become perpetual. Then they could leave most of the cash shop up, and sell yearly expansions. Sub-only TL Progs could continue on, too, because they are different than live, and quite fun (including hopefully a new permanent Deathtoll in early 2020, per the current dev discussion rumors on Discord).
  8. Titer New Member

Luclin, How magical. I have forever wondered about the forgotten fate of the celestial body above us. This is Truly a great moment for all Norrath!
    Cyrrena, parissa, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  9. Malbaeth New Member

Hey all. I am looking forward to this. I am actually a returning player, I was a part of the community starting with PreOrder back in 2003(had my journeyman's boot and everything), and trying to see if my account and characters are recoverable. 15 years, wow, never actually thought it would make it this long. Thanks for keeping this going, Daybreak!
    Cyrrena, parissa, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

With the level increase, will there be an AA increase, too?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Jovie Well-Known Member

November 5th.
    On that day, the presale goes into effect.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  12. Litlbigman Member

What's with all the typos in your announcement? If this is really a "momentous occasion", it would have deserved double checking!
    HWRauth likes this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

so constructive
    chattie, Griffon Lady, Siren and 3 others like this.
  14. Sagedust Member

When the pre-order goes live, How long with it be available to buy. I don't get my Social Security check till the 3rd and it's all but spent on living essentials. I would be disappointed if it's only for a day or two. I would really like to buy the bonus pack, but I don't see anytime table for this.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no timetable because we don't know when launch will be. We know it's in December, but that's it. Pre-sale starts on 05 November, so there should be plenty of time.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Korochun Member

Is there any info about the cost of the pre-order options?
  17. Nicolos Active Member

Will there be an expansion Live Stream to show off some zones and items this year?
    Pantaro, Cyrrena, Siren and 2 others like this.
  18. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Well.. they have the same 3 options: standard, collecter's, and premium, so if you know the price of this expac, and the previous, then you know the price of the next. The only thing we don't know is the new "family and friends bundle" price. The post said it'll be costly so I would expect no less than double the premium edition
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.
  19. Raff Well-Known Member

If they allow lvl 90's, the economy will be unbalanced to begin with. High level characters will be raking in the plat selling rares to natural leveling players. They should reconsider the level 90 addition, I think.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

I agree. I think it should be more like a TLE, but everything is open up to AoM for a year and then they open each following expansion on a regular schedule.