More Layoffs at Daybreak

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

2. Revel Well-Known Member

Soon they won't have anyone left and just outsource everything to desperate people willing to work for peanuts.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm very sad about that. :( I wish all of them the best.
    Soara2, ConcealFate, Siren and 2 others like this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We are all still here. Eq and Eq2 luckily are all still here!
  6. Rarkevan Active Member

Thank goodness! Don't know what I'd do without EQ! Keep up the good work! It's valuable and appreciated. I'll subscribe and gladly pay as long as you guys continue.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea this game is special and so are the people who make it work even when we complain all the time , I know you guys are trying to make it work for us.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

We complain because we love the game and want to see it at its best. If we stop complaining, the game is truly dead. (And if we stop arguing with each other over dumb things, we may have matured! But I won't hold my breath.)
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you, that is wonderful news!!!! And now I can play all weekend without worrying. Besides we won't let you retire we can't let you get layed off either :D
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for all affected (probably the Planetside team moreso by the looks of things) and hope they land on their feet soon.

But I'm also really glad that all our devs our safe from harm. :)

Now to check out this broomstick mount I've been hearing about!
  11. Karaoke Member

Sorry for the layoffs but I actually have a little hope because I feel like DBG have open themselves up to make a one more shot to save themselves. IMO...and it's what I would do (if the numbers and demands were not crazy by Brad), I would reach out to Brad and Pantheon and see about becoming the distributor for Pantheon. The layoffs allow DBG's to bring his team on, speed up the development (please DO NOT launch it early this time) and bring in a game that a large portion of DBG's player base want to play. This IMO would double the amount of subscribers that would play Pantheon at launch, especially if it became a part of the All access pass. This would also give them a legit NEW game to launch, not continue to try to keep the same games in maintenance mode.

I would be impressed if they pulled this off after making a lot of mistakes since acquiring the Everquest license.

Either way, this is the second year in a row that mass layoffs have happen. Once again with holidays just around the corner. Hope the staff find new jobs in a hurry.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  12. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

if you think about it, ttobey really is saving the franchise with the cash shop mounts!
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

HIP HIP HOORAY for the BROOM MOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi All,

While we’re doing what we can to support those affected on Friday, just wanted to drop a note to let you know the EQ and EQII teams are intact. We’re forging ahead on the expansions, and we’ll have more news to share with you soon.

-dw
    Feldon, Febrith, Faeonara and 11 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My sympathies for all those affected, but I, too, am breathing a sigh of relief that our family here is still intact. :)

Uwk
    Feldon, Rosyposy, Siren and 2 others like this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

This is the statement released by DBG regarding this matter:

“We are taking steps to improve our business and to support our long-term vision for the existing franchises and development of new games. This will include a realignment of the company into separate franchise teams, which will allow us to highlight their expertise, better showcase the games they work on, and ultimately provide tailored experiences for our players. Unfortunately, some employees were impacted by this effort, and we’re doing what we can to support them during this challenging time.”
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

That term "luckily" in that sentence speaks volumes....
    Rosyposy likes this.