Announcement Regarding Census

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toschoolforkool Member

Main problem.. Servers. Daybreak needs too upgrade them. Some of there hardware hasnt been upgraded in years. Buy better servers. Problem solved. Thanks
    Rebelde and Soara2 like this.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

So, what I am taking away from your well-drawn diagram, is that with Census down, millions of carrier pigeons will be laid off! Tragic...they have little mouths to feed, and so close to the holidays. ;)

On a more serious note, EQ2U is an invaluable tool for helping players of all levels. I do hope they find a fix.
    Mizgamer62, Rosyposy, Feldon and 6 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hope they allow you to be involved as well Feldon!! Your knowledge and capabilities on these subjects are invaluable and they could always use another hand, especially one that does not cost them anything other than a thank you.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...maybe if they turn off the "you've got mail.wav" audible notification each time a carrier pigeon updates census, that might help..
    Geroblue, Lateana, Cyrrena and 10 others like this.
  5. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

if this does not come back
    I will be looking for another game
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also, we will be holding our breaths until we turn blue.

Making threats isn't gonna help here. The company is having to look at its server performance in a serious way. Yes, Census is a part of that. If you've followed the whole thread, they've told us that they're Working On Things.

Breathe. Give them a little time to do some testing and coding. They're trying to improve in-game performance for everyone.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, a quick Update regarding Census. It will not be turned back on tomorrow, we’re still assessing and need more info. We’ll get it back on as soon as we can. However, monitoring potential issues is the priority.
    Breanna, Dude, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

can you give us a bit of insight into what you are finding out in your assessment?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

wait,.. what?!
    how does throwing Hardware at a Software problem fix things again?
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

Throwing better hardware at a performance software issue will increase the processing of said bottle-necked data.
    However, it does not fix the actual problem.

I would love if they were able to share what they found out about the lag from doing census data transfers.
    As I hear, the data transfers for a particular character occur when zoning or logging out.
    So if could be the reason behind the recent long zoning times that we have been experiencing.
    Cyrrena, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I have updated the main post.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Tobias Fünke Member

Not a fan of playing without a 3rd-party UI. If this change becomes permanent I'm much less likely to continue playing at all.
    Rosyposy and Zeddicious like this.
  13. Melodius Member

Come on, we all play with the extensions since many years. Its no fun playing without :(
  14. Melodius Member

And because of we use it since many many years, there should be other problems...
  15. Gaptia Active Member

Use your beta server or test server please, don't force us to use your bad default ui. Rent server from google or amazon is you don't have enough server.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Melodius Member

Isnt a UI a user Interface, just needing performance on a PC? why should it generate lags in times, we have much much more computer power than EQ2 was developed? It shouldnt use more power in internet connection or other ways
  17. Blutlord New Member

this is just another indication that dg has no idea how this game works
    Feldon and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Why disable UIs though

You already tried this and it didnt sort lag. An entirely empty beta server with just 24 players without any UIs and a GM watching tested it out...
    Feldon likes this.
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I will be locking this thread soon since it was related to the Census announcement, I will be opening a new one related to the UI announcement once we are ready to turn them off and give you a date that it is happening.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Ha! I knew zoning 10 times for one single quest update was not efficient!!!
    :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.