Quest Giver Feather Color Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Neranya, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Neranya Member

I know yellow is the default, blue are repeatable and green are tradeskills. I'm not color blind but I know people who are to varying degrees. My older brother says in games he plays there are times he has a problem telling certain colors apart. As the feathers all look the same just curious as to how people who are color blind differentiate. The name / title of the quest giver I guess could be a clue for some. Or are the colors used for the feathers colors most color blind people don't have a problem with?

A solution could be setting it so standard quests (yellow) have one feather, repeatable have two, tradeskills three, and purple ones have crossed feathers.

Again, just curious. Thanks!
  2. Nuhvohk Active Member

Well back in the day all quest feather were yellow, and you just had to find out what type of quest it was by talking to the NPC, lol.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

WAY back in the day, there were NO feathers!
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, you just had to talk to every NPC to find out who had quests and who didn't. Or one NPC you talked to would tell you that you should go and talk to another one.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ah yes the good old days :) Now I need to run and find my corpse LOL
    Soara2, Katz, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  6. Neranya Member

I remember those days from EQ1. Most of the time, finding it wasn't the issue. Like after ignoring advice NOT to try to see the bottom of The Hole, and falling in. :confused: I knew exactly where it was. I just couldn't get to it! So. . . can someone please go in and get it? Or summon it? *bats eyes*
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Gerak Well-Known Member

Ah yes the good old days. TRAAAIIINNN!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Neranya Member

Indeed! I was playing in the Winter event in Star Trek Online and we were fighting the angry snowmen. On an impulse I yelled out in chat 'Train to zone! Train to zone! Oh, sorry. Wrong game." A few people got the reference, and we ended up having a great conversation about the old days of EQ.
    Soara2, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We used to love to train to zone in UO. As long as you didn't cross a server line you could go on forever.....*sighs*
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.