my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Alreeet ! Better than what I was doing. Of course, it may take a while for me to remember that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Feh, I have a sucky rote memory; always have, so I do a lot of "Save Page As" here and there. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I end up just printing them and then have a ton of pages in folders everywhere. :>(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm cheap re: paper, ink, and physical storage space. ;)

Though I have to admit, my computer's getting sluggish these days... :-/

Uwk
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I use a pdf printer and print to a folder in my computer.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, a little adventure I had on Friday the 13th to brighten your day.

I brought a level 40 character back to Qeynos, I was going to up armor and I realized I needed to get some things from the bank as I also wanted to start crafting on that character.

That traveling was a mistake.

I made it from the dock to the area near the broker.

Starting across the bridge towards the merc house, my internet connection hiccuped and I missed the bridge and the character fell into the moat.

Couldn't get the character back up to the suface. Saw the green circle for water breathing.

Well, it wasn't water breathing. After I clicked on that and the character could breathe under water, the character didn't swim.

The character started running along the bottom of the moat ! Augh !

Well, I decided to go to the nearest stairs well they don't go all the way down. They stop just below the surface of the water. I tried to climb up to the steps. No go.

Well, the Qeynos harbor has ramps down into the water. So I headed that way. No go, blocked by a portcullis.

So I used fast travel to get out of Qeynos. Why ? I didn't see Antonica on there. So I went to Butcherblock.

Then used the world bell to go to Antonica.

Zoomed along until I got to one of the drawbridges into the city.

And slowly went across and got in the city.

Then logged off. I had had enough adventure for one day.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, ya gotta read the fine print on some of those water breathing spells/abilities. If it says something like, "enables character to walk underwater," it's exactly what it says on the tin: you're literally walking underwater, which does absolutely no good whatsoever unless there's a "ground level" access from the bottom of the sea or lake or moat or whatever up from there. When you're usually swimming, it's like you're "flying," in a way, only very slowly (thicker physical medium...good way to illustrate it on their part ;->); at least you can go in three dimensions as much as you need to. :-/

If our flying mounts would be there when we're underwater, that'd be one thing, but they, like all other mounts, cancel when you're in the water. X-P

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, running along the bottom of the moat was funny for a couple of seconds...

Afterwards I realized I could have just let the character drown, then wind up back on land. Do a repair.

But whats the fun in that ?!

Flying out on the mount would have helped, but they go bye bye over/in water. Sigh.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When that happens and you get to the steps where you can get out but they don't reach all the way to the bottom, then cancel the breathing spell and swim up to the steps.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Smart, yeah; good thing they have steps and ramps in the cities! :)

At least in Qeynos and Freeport...trying to think of the others. Does Neriak?

And New Halas, Kelethin/Greater Faydark, and Timorous Deep/Gorowyn are more "natural"... :-/

Uwk
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If you fall off the pier at Timorous Deep, there doesn't seem to be a way back up to the pier. You have to swim over to the beach, getting attacked, if low level, all the way over.

If there is a ramp or stairs up to the pier, where the world bell is located, I haven't spotted it yet.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Only if you fall off waaay off the very edge; I've practiced my Swimming, Fishing, etc. just in the water off the beach as a young thing without any issues at all.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you fall off the pier, just swim back under it to the land there and run up it you can get back on those landings and right back to the bell without hitting anything aggro. There are harvest nodes there.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I laughed all the way while reading this!

Yes, the Mystics and Frogloks get really sucky underwater breathing spells. My Mystics are the only priests I have where I refuse to keep their perma water breathing spells up, because it often gets them killed. And Frogloks... really, where do they get the idea that Frogs can't swim?!? I kept many frogs in my aquarium and terrarium when I was young, and every single one of them swam very well.

Fast Travel is your friend. I've gotten really dependent upon that now. It's the quick way to get out of situations where you're stuck or in a bind. And unlike CoV, it always works. :) Frankly, I think it was the best thing they added to the membership benefits; for me it was the final tipping point for keeping myself subscribed.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Later I realized I could have just clicked on 'go to bind point'... Oh well.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Free Fast Travel FTW, amen. :)

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My Kerran fell off at Butcherblock pier. Sigh. I need something, faster Internet, faster CPU, slower fingers, something. Got him back to the Butcherblock beach, horse reappeared. Went on with the quest.

Argh Matey.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Wont have it soon... Fall expenses so I will be f2p on all of my accounts soon.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow... :(

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did have 2 all access at the same time, not good, but it turned out to be okay.

Just have to decide which two characters I want to use during the f2p time.

Thought my computer had died this morning, nothing happened when I pressed the power button. I moved the computer power cord to another socket and it booted right up. Turns out it was my interruptible power supply. So now I have to get a new one of those when I get paid.