Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Nights of the Dead brings goblins and ghoulies out from the shadows. Those inclined to celebrate the holiday through crafting will find a new book of recipes full of new house items being sold by Lil’ Boo, the new event merchant, while the returning book and returning items are being sold by Haint. Those who are feeling more adventurous should grab a shovel in any of the decorated cities and wake the dead for a ghoulish good time, including a new quest! As always, tricks and treats are the name of the game!

New Features for '19!
    TLE Servers
    • Kaladim - A special holiday merchant located in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District sells holiday items.
    • This includes in-game mail to announce TLE event
    Live servers
    • New Quest - Night of the Barking Dead offered by an item looted from Thieving Hardy.
    • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Chaos Descending undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
    • New house items and equipment sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
    • New costume illusions sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
    • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead XII" available from Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
    • Returning merchant items and recipes are now being sold by Haint, a Nights of the Dead merchant, available in all player cities.
    • New collections added to the Pumpkin Bomb:
      • Werehunter's Survival Kit
      • Ghost Hunter's Pack
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everybody of the event!
    • Achievements!
      • Baying at the Moon [series]
      • Calcified skeleton kills [series]
      • Wake the Dead
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Collections!
      • Grave Memories
      • Frightfully Frosted Cupcakes
      • A Swinging Wake
      • The Hollow Hedge Collection
      • Crunchy Candied Crickets
      • Deadly Remnants
      • Frightfull Fabric
      • Ghoulish Masks
      • The Great Haunt
    • Events!
      • Wake the Dead event in Qeynos, Freeport, Kelethin, New Halas, Gorowyn, Darklight Wood, Haven, Maj'Dul, and Great Divide.
      • New “Catacomb Brick Building Blocks” added to the random treat box!
      • Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest.
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
      • Candy drops!
      • Including creatures in PoP
    • Quests!
      • “Broken Mirrors”
      • "A Dream, By Any Other Name"
      • "Survive the Night"
      • "The Haunting"
      • "This Won't End Well..."
      • "There Will Be Ghosts"
      • "A Nightmarish Illness"
      • "A Nightmarish Return"
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica
    This event content is currently set to run 10/08/19 at 12:01 AM PDT through 11/01/19 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live & TLE servers.

Happy hauntings!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kasa Well-Known Member

Candy Corn Candle when resized large the candle flicker can't be seen.

All other house items resize and work correct.

Petamorph Wand works correct.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Can we get the the no-trade tag on the armor changed to Heirloom?
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Received the two titles Howl Hunter and Haunt Hunter from the Werehunter's Survival Kit and Ghost Hunter's Pack with no problems.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o great good thing I checked out the forum
    Kaitheel, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much for splitting old and new stuff onto separate vendors! <3 <3 <3

P.S. I am cracking up on how the game pluralizes things when crafting. I just made 2 "Diseased Boneses" and I'm now wondering what's in my pocketses.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel!!!
    Kaitheel, Siren, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

still wish we could transmute urns into candy :<
    Kaitheel, Siren, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oooh, we're going backwards through time! {sings} "Let's do the timewarp again ...." :D
    Siren, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Random question: why is the dead tree (Gray Wastes Oak) made on a chemistry table? Because I missed my fertilizer and killed it?

I LOVE going back to Splitpaw :D Even if I always get lost. But so many people never knew the zone, it's great to see it back!

Collections don't seem to give xp or I missed the line.
    "obscuritive"? really? it's a fun word though

So collection for crunching pumpkins is: Ghost Hunter's Pack (Graveyard dirt, purified candle, spirit banishment sigil, wrought Iron coffin, bundled sage, somborn rock salt)
    Reward: Haunt Hunter title
    Collection for launching pumpkins is: Werehunter's survival kit (dried wolfsbane, instant sunlight cantrip, silver crossbow bolts, silver shackles, circle of protection amulet, olfactory obscuritive lotion, lycan collar, night reapers talisman)
    Reward: Howl Hunter title
    I'm told they already exist and were completed on live

Could it be possible to allow pumpkin throwing in Myrist by any chance?

Edit: took me 30ish tries to get the Thieving Hardy on Yavannamire but it was real fast on Leucosia (2nd try). I can confirm that getting the forlorn apparition first doesn't break the other in case some were wondering.
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

Forgot to add at Extreme Quality display and two meters distance I can see the flame anything closer I cannot.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

In the Splitpaw zone, you need to kill every mob to get the passages to open. Some may be well hidden, so don't forget to check bats near the ceiling and mobs in small corners.
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Silly hobbitses...
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I hope to test something later tonight or tomorrow m*rning. I am posting here in case someone gets to it before me and is willing to report back on it.

We need to see what happens to very low levels who try to do this quest. My memory says that the gnolls around the terraporter are aggro, and will force-port them into the wrong Splitpaw instance before they can reach the terraporter (or, just as bad, kill them before they can reach it, depending on how low level they are.)
  15. Elyria Well-Known Member

just wondering about the new item from Lil' Boo, the Hinged Bookcase of Hate...the description begins "This halfling pantry..." but it is a bookcase of hate? so..:confused:
    Kaitheel, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Elyria Well-Known Member

i mentored my level 32 templar to level 5, and took off all her armor, etc. to try the Splitpaw quest. I had to avoid some bears, but i had no trouble getting in to the correct instance, even with the gnolls tryin to kill me. Tried it a number of times, both by left-clicking mouse on teleporter and by right-clicking and selecting Enter den.

(i realize mentoring down to 5 is not really the same as being level 5, but 32 is the lowest i've got on Test)
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"Night of the Barking Dead"

At level 110: the mobs were easy to 1- or 2-shot, BUT if they got a cast off first, there were a lot of a) interrupts from the gnolls and b) some pretty solid spikes of damage-via-detrimental spells from them. My warden survived handily, but seeing about 1/3 of her health drop in what looked to be a single hit was rather impressive for something that was made of virtual tissue paper.

At level 12: problem time. The gnolls around the terraporter are level 20 to 25 linked heroic aggro. Before she can click on the terraporter, she's already being teleported to the original intro to Splitpaw instance (A Captive Audience or something like that.) There's no way she'd be able to access the proper quest instance by right-clicking the terraporter unless someone else has come through and cleared. As it currently stands, this would be an issue for anyone level 35-ish or lower -- those gnolls are pretty quick to hit and force-port. (I intentionally used a level 12, since it added another wrinkle to the mix, given that the Splitpaw intro quest was meant for level 20+)

Thankfully, there's a solid chunk of time before the event goes live so poor Kaitheel to scratch his head and figure out how to address this. :D
    Kaitheel, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You got luckier than I! They dogpiled on my level 12 so furiously that I couldn't click before they ported me. I didn't try repeated tries as I wanted to give Kaitheel a head's up and see what he has to say before I try more contortions with her.

I suddenly realized last week that all my folks were now 100+ on Test, and made myself a little newbie. I just level locked her at 12 today for event testing (though I'm pondering going for level 22 instead, long-term)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That would be the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Armor, yes? :-/

Uwk
    who's been pleading with the devs for YEARS to do something logical with that -- stuff, and finally might have been part of the movement to at least get the No-Value tag removed, so we could Vendor it -- hang on, if it is the NCPA, it probably already is Heirloom. Never mind... :confused:
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, Mum, you're only now noticing that? :D

As soon as they started auto-pluralizing things, I called over Da Hubster to point rudely at the screen and hiss, "Looks what I made, my prrrecioussss! :D"

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.