Are the dev's doing anything to bring back there old subscriber base?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kamapoipoi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

yes Leloes! ascensions are like farts in an elevator! You want to get away from them asap but have to sit through the entire ride before you can. i was looking for a good analogy :p
    Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Ascensions. Just another button to push that makes sparkly, cool spell effects & kills animated monsters. Realistically, how is this so different than any other skill?
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

it's the whole, ascensions make everyone a mage argument from me personally. A Guardian calling down giant lighting blasts from the heavens.

but like ive said before, to each their own. It's just blowing off steam for opponents to voice it here
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Not much in terms of sparky effects and button mashing. But it turned all classes into wizards, and therein lies the problem. The distinctiveness of playing a class was erased. Since I already main mages, it was no big deal, but why would a positional assassin who uses a lot of stealth mechanics be lighting off fireworks with his fingers? It would be different if the four ascension classes matched the four archtypes of fighter, scout, mage, healer and had the appropriate CAs/Spells, but that's not what happened. Ascensions, to me, and I've mentioned this before, seemed to be something stuck in because they didn't want to raise the level cap with Kunark Ascending and weren't planning to raise the level cap ever again (as evidenced in the past by repeated rumors by devs of it being too hard to raise it over 100), but they got lambasted for it and the next expac had a regular level cap increase. Now they're stuck with both and putting the work in on both, until they decide to dump ascension like Tithing was dumped.
    ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

It's been rumored that ascensions aren't increasing next expansion. Maybe they're taking the steps towards obsolescence.
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I can see this happening but they have already painted themselves into a corner and I dont see a way around it without tracking across the floor, unless they intend to add another over complicated mess like they did with the ascension scrolls.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Xulos Member

Just chiming in. I played the game in Vanilla up to Velious, Sentinel's Fate, and ToT. I came back a month ago for TLE with friends and I have to say I LOVE it. They've done a great job of balancing the game and handling itemization. I'm also super happy to see how they do weekly patches and really fix a lot of bugs and issues for players. The current team is also doing a pretty good job of communicating with the community.

Overall, I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing and I'm really excited to continue. Great job to the Daybreak team!
    Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

How much Daybreak Cash did they pay you for that?
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

too much salt can cause heart problems
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I think its great that there are people out there ^^^^ who like the way things are going, I am happy that you are getting what you are paying for.
    While I will not try and speak for others, in this particular thread you appear to be the minority... and I think there was room for improvement as far back as a few expansions ago.
  11. SacDaddy420 Active Member

I played this game when guilds would camp contesteds. I WW1st`ed with the real Ne Plus Ultra zones that thru a cursory glance at guildprogress, you guys are taking a 2nd run thru now. Hopefully, you guys can come up with a sweet wizard 720 spin move strat on rallos zek like we did before anyone else.

But enough about me. I've been keeping my eye on you guys. It seems to me to come back I'd need to dump a bunch of extra cash to get ascensions. I'm not paying to win. I won the parse back in my day by knowing the wizard class like the back of my hand, and knowing the fight i was in. It was always a delicate task pushing the envelope and counting on healers, tanks and chanters to keep me alive. And it was always rewarding.

Now i guess you pay to win, and push the same button over and over.

The game i was addicted to (and let's not kid ourselves, it was addiction) is not coming back. I realized that long ago. Maybe eq3. Maybe. I may never have that much free time again, lol.

And one more thing.... if it really is elamite fronting npu..... jeez bud. Did we really get in your head that much? And the fact you aren't even top3 on server is a disgrace to the name.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Oh you must not know. After his flamboyant recruitment attempts and soon to be best guild in game rhetoric, he vacated to isle of refuge to kill mobs and compete on a WW scale while complaint lag was reason for departure, yet 2 of guilds in top 3 ww on that server kill it np. Strange right?
    Snikkety likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Only to implode very quickly.

Speaking of which, Implosion on Isle of Refuge is recruiting! Send tells to Mapple or Ohvi.
    Pixistik and Dude like this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

The biggest obstacle to bringing back old players is the grind to get back to the top.
    I left 3 years ago after playing for many years. My circumstances changed (first child) and I couldn't come close to keeping up with the requirements of the game.

I still love the theory of the game, hence forum lurking from time to time, but its not something you can give an hour or two to here and there.
    Cyrrena likes this.