New Hunter quest

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Schmetterling, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Tobias Fünke Member

I'll take fervor here because it's a better than nearly any other stat you can get. Limits my choices as to what items I can pick cuz it would be dumb to skip that.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

yes it is nice but may be a little too much and even quite too much. Anyway it's far better now, even if it may lead to issues due the gear being too powerful.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this was always a problem we complained on Stormhold that the mobs where over powered , and they made them lambs.
    We complained on Fallen gate that the leveling was to slow ( not me ) and now we level like we are driving a rocket ship
    always from one extreme to another , but who knows maybe they announce EQ3 soon and there is no more need for another expansion .
    and why did they ad all those things to the lower level one , people were happy with that.
    Kalika, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

For both mages/scouts you're pretty much pigeon holed into the offhand and the necklace at the moment. Feelsbad.
  5. Jandraligeli Member

For those players who struggled through the first version of this quest line.

We've bought items that now we'd never have chosen over the neck reward, should definitely have an option of a refund on coins. Otherwise it's just a huge bait and switch.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I was not able to find groups for the T6 quest and had pretty much given up on it now with more people it looks like I will get a thing or two . the T5 quest is still up to bad you can't get coins for your alts anymore because like I said earlier those coins are now also no trade.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Good thing you got 6 more weeks of DoF to farm more coins.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you had problems before Jandraligeli with T5 leveling up will help a lot , with T6 it will be easier , because you now can find a group . And if it works the same as last time we won't even get the next hunter quest for another 2 months after kos comes
    out .
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Jandraligeli Member

I didn't mention T5, I did those at level. T6 I'd solo'd zones on my Troubador because so few wanted to run them. Finally got a meh item, shoulders, then the whole reward package is totally changed. Me and everyone else that had gotten items prior to this should have an option to refund coins.
  10. Venser Active Member

See, the thing is, it being DBG you will not get a coin refund. The first release wave of items was to get you to play for 2 more weeks, then the next wave is to get you to play DoF content all the way up to KoS release. This is so they can say, "See look at all of the content you guys have!" Keep running those soloable instances to get rewards well beyond their tier of power. Which btw the items probably will last forever as they are also upgraded. RIP
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Who knows, maybe they are re-itemizing KoS.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Venser Active Member

They did. Its horrific. I cant see them doing further edits
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    This was like March.
    KoS itemization so far has gone through like four changes since the launch of Kaladim. It's gone from being the same as EoF itemization, to being better than EoF itemization because it all had like 4% reuse per piece on mage gear, (90% ability reuse without AA's was possible, statically). To this current scheme which is like generic crit/pot/mod or crit/pot/casting speed. Keep in mind every single item with ability mod itemized on it is absolutely worthless because... obvious reasons.

It should also be noted that nearly 0 items in KoS are itemized with four blue stats, meaning that items from DoF that gives 2% casting speed/reuse will probably be best in slot.

It's a pretty big shame that literally every item in KoS is exactly the same at the moment, a small change was done after I complained on nagafen 3.0 that I was getting the same loot from TT ^ level 50 mobs as I was from killing 67 ^'s in bonemire. It's still the same rewards from killing a one up mob and killing three princes, I can't see anyone bothering to stick around KoS unless this is changed.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to just revert back to fallen gate's itemization and then just fix items here and there based on feedback instead of constantly running a script which removes any shred of progression in your game. An MMO BTW.
  14. Somedude Active Member

Progression is over rated.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Actually beofer they automatically redesigned the gear it was far better, even progression was sometimes wrong (i remember RoK gear being totally wrong at launch but they fixed - at least the raid gear - . Progression should be there, but it should be moderate (ie a hardcore raider should not do 2-3 times better than someone in heroic gear, i think that : a superbly equiped toon should do may be 1.5 time the damage of someone in casual gear).

One of the problem with automation is that you don't have much items with special effect, i truly loved those chest peice with a death prevent that dropped in the ruin of varsoon. The game used to be full with items of this kind that you would really want.

Now the gear is way to uniform and there is nothing you really want, neside of course the hunter items and may be the charm from lavastorm collection.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I am not a happy ratonga first we are given some fat pies , by handing us a very good reason to run this hunter quests and than you take out the filling :( . I mean I still am getting a better piece than I had before , but many hard core players are very disappointed. And what is it with Fervor does that even do anything for us on Kaladim ?
    It did not matter earlier when the gear was just outstanding but now I would like to know why it's on our gear ? Or are you planing to have permanent Hunter quests on the regular servers too?
    o well at least we still got pie even if the part of it is gone again .
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

excuse me I just got a piece of equipment with fervor and it indeed does have a function even on a TLE server or at least so it seams .
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes, fervor works on TLE servers.

Edit: As of Fallen Gate EoF when I tested the pay to win familiar, unsure if it still does.
    Schmetterling and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

I left live at the beginning of Altar of Malice, so i don' t know what is fervor.

I assume that 0.5 fervor means +0.5% to everything (dps, heals and even mitigation) but this is a supposition. I know that summoner pet had a hidden -25 fervor and this made summoner almost useless since the pet was totally crappy (blazing avatar is credited to the pet so it hurted conjurer more than necros).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Fervor is essentially final ability damage, it's the final multiplier after every single other multplier goes in. Intelligence goes in after potency.

Damage = (Base * Potency *Int + Ability Mod)* (Crit base + Crit Bonus) * Fervor
    Cyrrena and Kalika like this.